Reviews for Ten Hundred Thousand Suns Rising to Hail You
Durandall chapter 9 . 8/5/2011
Hmm ... I haven't reviewed this already? How surprising...

I really liked this piece. At some points, I admit it felt like it was dragging on a tiny bit for the buildup of that penultimate chapter, and I cringed when Haruhi realized Kyon was gone (that ... hurt that she just ... forgot about him).

But. It contained my favorite themes, and I really thought your Sasaki was interesting (though, I felt incredibly sorry for her, in the first part of the story).

The conclusion was very nice, though I admit, I'm not sure what exactly Kyon's last exchange with his sister signified. Still! I enjoyed it greatly; your technical skill is very good, and your concept was well executed. A real rare gem, this. :)
SWORDJ chapter 9 . 6/1/2011
Just...wow. Its either that you're a freaking genius, or you're someone from outer space too. The story was so convoluted and confusing, but also simply brilliant. I espeically loved how you characterized Yuki. Though I dont really get the ending [well, and several other parts of the whole story], I still love this story. Maybe you could try explaining everything to us someday. .
Broken Kilter Express chapter 9 . 7/27/2010
I look at this fic like a history, something of deep and compelling stature amidst the glut of brighter and more positive fics, as if it tells everyone that you don't need to make a world that's all fun and games. Doing that would be forgetting that we have to try and appreciate that as much as possible. I wish I had reviewed this before.
Moberemk chapter 9 . 12/17/2009
Well, this was brilliant. Beyond brilliant in places, but perhaps too brilliant. To a degree, I can say that I understand it, but at the same time it feels like there's still so much more that I can't even begin to grasp a lot of it. I suppose the best way to try and understand it better would be to read it through another time...

...but then again, it's exam time. And what's more, the sheer density of what you write, the way it forces reading speed to slow down by half, it's so brilliantly beautiful it stops to make coherent sense at times as a story without devoting a thousand times what I have as spare time right now strictly to analyze it.

So here's the important part of this "review": this is an incredible peace of writing that I really, really wish I could fully comprehend. So congratulations on the size of your achievement, it's just too great, at least for me for right now. I do hope you write more though, if not necessarily in this same continuity.
hydroknight01 chapter 9 . 12/14/2009
Um... wow. I don't know what to say. I am blown away. I'll probably take me a small while to put my brain back together after that. Maybe when I'm done, I'll be able to string a sentence together on exactly how I feel and what I think of this.

Rest assured, though: when I figure out what to say, and how to say it, maybe it'll be like the world ending? ;)

In the meantime, keep up the good work, and best of luck for future works, however deep or intense you might decide to make them.

If ever a fanfiction were to be made into the ending of an anime, it should be this one.

Thanks for making my day - even if it is 3am.

~ hydroknight01
someone who loves this fanfic chapter 9 . 4/25/2009
Amazing.

Just...amazing, and beautiful, and...amazing.
Shizuru Came chapter 1 . 4/13/2009
Sasaki! Yay~ Sasaki!

Can RyokoYuki happen now?

*even though the story is finished*
Mercedes no Inuarai chapter 9 . 2/9/2009
Yes, I am just reading this now. Hush. .

Hahaha! What a twist in the end! And, somehow, I'm not surprised at all. For although Haruhi was the God of the world... only Kyon had dominion over her. _ *rolls* Yay, this makes me very happy.

And the last part of the chapter... there's something really really eerie about that last scene, but, at the same time, I can picture it with calm and birds twittering. LOL

Thank you so much for sharing this with us. _ It's an amazing piece, very thoughtful and mentally twisting. One of my all time favs.
SgtHydra chapter 9 . 12/27/2008
This story is insanely good.

I haven't read a story this good since... god... I don't think I've ever read a story this good!

Haruhi is just badass and the entire thing reads like Asimov.

One request, though: PLEASE EXPLAIN THE ENDING! I really want to know what happened! My brain just can't comprehend it!
Lord Yenma chapter 9 . 12/12/2008
Who! What a doozie! A truly psychadelic mind trip, a surreal dream which we aren't sure what's real and what's not. Good job!
BrazeRancor chapter 9 . 12/12/2008
A great conclusion. It is a shame I really didn't understand it... no matter how hard I tried. But I dont feel bad, grumpy or disappointed that I didn't. In fact, I feel... well 'content' is a bit too strong a word, but something similar reguardless. Prehaps your next story will be easier for someone of lesser intelect than yours to understand. Maybe not, it really doesn't matter too me. Perhaps I should go back and re-read this until I get it, although I fear that no matter how many times I read it my head will still hurt from thinking to hard. While reading this story (the thought itself came to me quite some time ago ago), I wondered if Kyon was somehow so deeply intertwind in the events of Suzumiya Haruhi beyond that of which is normally suggested in fanfiction. There are one's where Kyon tunrns out to be 'The Gid' and Haruhi is his explanation for everything that goes on (Which is not so unreasonable to think). And then there are ones in which Kyon is a specialised constant. The only constant that cannot be effected reguardless (though this seems canon in the end anyway, the reason WHY he isn't effected is up to debate).

Looking foward to more stories of Asimov quality.
Aphotic Bandit chapter 9 . 12/11/2008
I'm ... not actually sure what happened at the end there. I liked the whole way the final chapter evolved, but that last section left me confused.

In any case, quite an interesting work. Possibly the most epic Haruhi fic yet.
Greg Zerich chapter 9 . 12/11/2008
An interesting ending. Although I'm curious as to whether the world was created anew, but then given its old spark, but now no one remembers Kyon and Tsuruya, or if perhaps I've missed something more intangible.

It would be interesting to see a story continuing and based off of this ending, but I can't help but wonder what it would be about. I'm sure that if you figure something out that it will be another impressive work though. Thank you for your stories, and the fine writers-craft that you've put into them.
Mercedes no Inuarai chapter 8 . 11/20/2008
WHY must your twists break my head and make me want to return to toying with 5th and 6th dimensional theoretical physics? This was just beautiful, seriously. The way Haruhi counteracted and inverted the Domain's own weapons against it, even though she knew that the act of countermanding those demands would result in her own nonexistence - *gibbers*

Incredible work, seriously. While I kept waiting for her to mention Kyon, the fact that she DIDN'T somehow seemed perfectly right. Kyon wasn't one of those Haruhi created to be outside normal human parameters. He was her grounding, not someone to be used as a weapon, even in memory.

Brava, as always. _
Sol Falling chapter 8 . 11/16/2008
Hmhm. Nice. So Haruhi wasn't completely defeated by the end of the last chapter (her lingering emotions). Or rather...it was the fixed realities left recorded in the letter? It seems I overlooked that when I said Haruhi and Tsuruya/the Canopy Domain were the only still defined things left in existance.

Haruhi's initial pain surprised me. I suppose it would be like an awakening jolt for the state of blank indeterminacy Haruhi experienced after being exposed to all possibilities. Incidentally, I quite liked how Haruhi's attack increased in dimensions as she remembered the three 'axes' of Mikuru, Koizumi, and Yuki.

As for the main chapter material (I must say, the way you insert the chapter title partway through the story adds a lot to the narrative. It condenses and emphasizes the main parts of the story, making it more exciting.). I must say, I anticipated the contradiction between the Law of Logic and the possibility manipulation Tsurya and the Canopy Domain used when it was first introduced (that would be part of my missing review from before). But taking that for granted, I somewhat wondered how it was possible for them to coexist in the first place. I'm not sure, but in this chapter, it seems that it was Haruhi's words which enforced the consequences of that contradiction? That seemed a bit jarring, given, as you noted at the start of the chapter, how language is merely a construct of humanity.

The 'Theory of Nothing' is also a bit confusing, if rather cool (and double edged). You seem to have developed a connection between the 'Law of Logic' and 'logic' (lol that one's obvious) as well as the 'Problem of Inconsequence' and 'chaos'. Thus, was the 'Theory of Nothing' correlated to the third, separately emphasized concept, 'choice'/'freedom'? Or was it an extension of the 'Law of Logic' and 'Problem of Inconsequence' being used together, as suggested by it coming from both 'clasped hands'?

And of course, thanks for the namedrop. I'm flattered that anything I might have said could have helped you write your story. Might I ask which bits specifically? :P I'm presuming it's that stuff about 'choice'/'freedom' right now.

And to the future, indeed: Haruhi's dead? And Tsuruya too(for sure, definately, I mean; :P you decieved me in that review reply last time, though I suppose you meant she wouldn't be contributing any further resistance). Being wiped out from every time, place, and possibility sounds pretty menacing. I'm presuming the 'he' in the preview is Kyon, then. I'm excited to learn how he actually gets there.
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »