Reviews for And Being Winchesters
hubris-dike88 chapter 1 . 5/11/2012
this is so sweet. thank you!
onemediumdrip chapter 1 . 8/23/2009
That was so unbelievably necessary! I've been thinking for so long that there needed to be a moment when the two of them talked about Mary and Jess! And you really captured Sam and John very well, I thought. Great story! I loved it!
amyblair chapter 1 . 1/2/2009
Aw, man! That got me, too! In the fic I'm writing now, I actually flashback to Xmases past and there is one that I talk about Jess and the pain. You get me, YT. You get me!

Love it - loved the hand on the neck. Sometimes I have Sam and Dean hug. I can't help it. Sometimes not and when I don't, it's probably more to their character than when I do.

Great, great story.

And the title was very fitting.
daisymaygirl1 chapter 1 . 3/23/2008
I've always loved the Sam and John dynamic in the show and I would have loved for John to talk to Sam about Jess...as you said, John knew better than anyone how Sammy was feeling.

So thank you for writing this, I really enjoyed reading it. John's memories of Mary were so bittersweet and him comforting his son was just gorgeous. Oh...how I wish we'd seen this on the show.
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 3/22/2008
Aweosme. Catch ya on the flip side.
noname32 chapter 1 . 3/22/2008
GREAT JOB I LOVE IT!
laughandlove chapter 1 . 3/22/2008
I really really liked this. :D Thought I'd get right to the point with it, haha! *lol* It was short, yet really encapsulated a ton of emotions and hidden sentiments that were shared between John and Sam in this little moment. Their short scene in Dead Man's Blood always interested me, and I really liked the John/Sam dynamic on-screen - one that we as viewers never really got much of. Kudos to you for going a bit more in depth with their relationship and exploring the many things that they actually have in common! :D

I love the end; it was probably my favorite part. Sam's question about the pain of losing Jessica, and whether or not it would go away, just broke my heart. He wouldn't have had anyone else to talk to about that specific type of pain, and it's really poignant that he takes the opportunity to ask his father - the one who would really understand what he was going through. It was John's answer, though - that simple "no" - that really did it. The pain of losing loved one never dissipates, no matter how much time passes. So true. I love his take on the bright side of remembrance, however - just perfect. Looking back on all the goods instead of the bads. Really sweet.

I enjoyed this a lot, good work!

-laughandlove
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 3/22/2008
Fantastic oneshot! It was nice to see John actually talking to Sammy about Mry, letting him know that while it may never quit hurting, he will actually have some momories that will make him smile and think of good times eventually!