Reviews for Perchance to Dream
Hmm... I'm gonna go out on a limb here and just state that I don't like the ending of the story. Tbh, I don't think any of the people that stopped Draco from killing himself actually cared about him living or not. Rather, I feel as though the knowledge of knowing that he killed himself while they stood by and did nothing would have left them feeling some type of guilt. I will say, however, that out of everyone who saved him, I felt that Luna had good intentions at heart.

I think this might be the first and only time where I wish Draco was successful in any of his attempts. I know that sounds pretty awful to say, but I read each chapter, I found myself thinking that it'd be better off for him if he died. He didn't have anything to live for:

1. His parents (not exactly sure about Narcissa, but if she's alive, she and him don't seem to be close) are dead.
2. His remaining family hates him for killing Remus. Even though he didn't intend to, because of his actions, Andromeda lost her son-in-law and Teddy lost his dad.
3. He has no friends or anyone that actually care about his wellbeing. At any point when he tried to kill himself and someone came just in the nick of time to save him, either one of them could have put in effort to make sure he receives professional help - I mean, after all, you did just witness a man try to kill himself. Instead, they all have their turns saving him at one point, making sure to show up every year to make sure he doesn't actually succeed.

There's more that I could add to the list, but I don't want to feel like I'm rambling/ranting. I just feel that Draco has nothing else to get out of living. In the afterlife, he'll be reunited with his family, and while they may not have been the best parents to him, I doubt that they could ever hate him. After all, they were the reason why he's in this position in the first place.

I'm sorry if I offended you or anyone else reading this review, it's not my intention to do so, nor am I actively trying to endorse suicide. I just feel like all his botched attempts to end his life show his lack of desire to continue living. Hell, he couldn't even bring himself to write a will/letter - no one would care enough to read it! I find myself wondering if Harry and his friends actually give a shit about Draco being alive at the end, when they couldn't bebbothered to check on him periodically after his suicide attempts. Like, just be honest, do they really care about him being alive, or are they just glad that they won't have to live with the knowledge that they let him die?

Again, I apologize if this review offends anyone. Maybe the ending of this story was to give off a happy feeling, but it just doesn't seem right to me. Harry and his friends feel artificial; they just don't seem like they actually care about Draco.
Dehaev chapter 9 . 3/21/2014
I love this! Beautifully poetic and heartbreakingly tragic at the same time. Draco's dry humor throughout kills me. I'm glad he finds some happiness in the end. My only disappointment is that this is not a Dramione. It is a hard truth to accept; that the world does not revolve around my OTP. But I'll get over it. For exceptional pieces like this one. :)

Cheers! Thanks for sharing!
- Dev
Mrs-N-Uzumaki chapter 4 . 1/28/2014
At this point Draco really should start taking this as a sign that it's just not the right time for him.
Great story by the way! I'm really enjoying it! The black comedy fits really well with Draco's character.
Guest chapter 9 . 11/29/2013
so. fucking. beautiful.
if you don't have something published already, I'm going to break something. seriously, you should be FAMOUS, man.
Jizard chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
Love it! Dark, humorous, and pure Draco.

#NatVbBb#Facebook#JasmynJUST LEFT#2am#LELAND
#likearhinestonecowboy#AnthonySmith#CoverartforJazz#Internetreturns!
xxlightningboltxx chapter 9 . 8/28/2012
This great. Right balance of angst and humour. Glad it was a happy ending in the end.
Guest chapter 9 . 6/29/2012
Ya know, if someone told me that there was a story out there about sucide that was funny two days ago, I would have said thats sick. I have no idea how u did it but you made this fic humorous AND depressing at the same time. You depicted Dracos character so perfectly! I loved how even though he was depressed he still maintained his trademark dry humor and wit. Anyway, great job. O an that haiku was boss. ;) l8r y'all.
oceany chapter 9 . 8/24/2011
This was probably one of the funniest fics I have ever read. "I think that writing fortune cookies is a noble profession." I was laughing hysterically with that line.
Don't Trust The Silver Eyes chapter 9 . 8/7/2011
Naaaaawwwwww very entertaining, it was so cute to see him slightly happy by the end. Lobed the fact that everyone he true something would go stupidly wrong
KatatonicRedHead chapter 9 . 7/21/2010
Wow. So initially as I was reading, I thought this would make a GREAT Draco-Hermione story. I was prepared to ask you to re-write it where she somehow steps in to save the day every year, blah blah blah. But I think I like this ending the best. I love that it was Harry in the end. Wonderful.

I do still hope you'll turn back to Dramione's some day. I'm holding out for one. Perhaps the final installment in the Her and Me Trilogy? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Oh, and the haiku, did you write that yourself? I suppose if I googled the thing I would find my answer. But as it stands I'm already late for work.

It was worth it though. I always love your stories.
perfidiouspink chapter 9 . 5/4/2010
Hi, just re-read this God knows why it is depressing as hell but still awesomely funny. How can someone do angst and humour at the same time? Bravo
fictionjunkie chapter 9 . 2/16/2010
i really enjoyed this fic and so added it to my favorites list because even though there is no slash and Harry is obviously straight, if there were any mentions of Ginny I missed them.
crazylove4MCR chapter 9 . 2/3/2010
wow! This was really good, quite depressing at times, but also had it's funny moments.. not really funny i guess, but just made me kinda snort or giggle or something. I really liked it!
ZomgShaylex chapter 9 . 1/8/2010
You know, I think these characters leap off the page in your stories.

They are four-dimensional, and I could fully expect to run into them on the streets.

I wish fanfiction was something people paid for.

You'd be rich, and I'd be poor from buying all your books and short stories.

Such is life. :)
Light Blue Walls chapter 9 . 12/20/2009
aww this was so good! i mean, morbidly funny, but really good!