Reviews for Coming to Terms
Huntress Dream chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
! SO FUCKIN SEXY! I LUV IT! YOUNG ART IS SO CUTE TOO! THXZ!
Lola Witherbottoms chapter 1 . 6/29/2009
Excellent. It's a very different view of Artemis than we're used to, but you portrayed him (in my opinion) perfectly as a teenager. All his thought processes make sense-he's got the mentality of someone who's been forced to grow up very quickly with the hormones of a typical teen. Beautifully written!
Lady Annikaa chapter 1 . 11/2/2008
Great! Perfect in explaining your "vision" of Entreri while being a super HOT story. .
chair-chan chapter 1 . 5/7/2008
I loved this story. Haha, a hormonal Artemis. Very true to his age. :P It was all very good, amazing imagery, the character is spot on, albeit a little younger. Very interesting idea, I have never read another like it. As you say, there are only 2 views concerning this issue-that he's completely traumatised, or that he is completely normal. As you have deduced, neither one is entirely plausible; I love the idea you came up with to fill the gap of original theories. Anyway, all in all, awesome story, and I hope you write many more like it. (hint hint *grin*) :]
Ziggy Sternenstaub chapter 1 . 3/26/2008
I love the introduction to this story. I could almost smell the gloriously realistic rot in the air! It set the scene well, considering that Artemis has always seen the "real" side of the city, and not the facade of glitz and glamour that barely conceals the truth.

The difference between the adult Artemis and the teenaged Artemis was immediately clear, at least to my inner-eye. It seems to me that the adult Artemis wouldn't even be contemplating the city-he would already have resigned himself to it long ago-but this Artemis still young enough to be stung by it.

I liked the fact that he eventually did take the Pasha up on the offer of the harem-even though it didn't work, it showed he had common sense where this issue was concerned.

I liked the way that you had him become excited by the soldiers sparring, and use the image for fantasy-fodder. It's realistic and provides a realistic motive. There's nothing dramatic about this character-he's as practical as his adult self-perhaps even more so.

I also liked that you specified the difference between desiring children and desiring grown men-a very clear one, as most paedophiles who assault male children still consider themselves to be straight-and most gay men have no desire for children. It's a sophisticated difference that Artemis instinctively understands even though he doesn't have the sociological information available to back it up. That he decides to do without sex with any male at all rather than take advantage of young boys does display the inherent, if hidden, nobility of his character.

Also, making the social distinction between acceptable relations of men and boys, versus those between men and other men was quite savvy-considering that it has often been the case in our own history that the first was acceptable, but the second was not, due to whatever issues of "manhood."

But-hurrah!-he doesn't have to;)

With the usual determined scowl on his features he fastened his weapon belt and put on his boots.

This was very amusing-he was arming himself to battle!

The instance of examining himself to try to find his father's features was very clever. I can imagine that he did not do it often-which would explain why he never figured out that his father was not his biological sire.

"Why did your guards let me pass?"

*rolls eyes* Suspicious as ever. I like the dialogue in the story-very succinct. In character.

his delightful body was hardly covered by the dark-green silk clothes.

Heeh. Delightful. Freudian slip?

He just started to take off Entreri's coat, leather vest and weapon belt before he lightly kissed him on the corner of the mouth. Entreri shivered, and he willingly followed him to the bed.

I like this. It portrays his inexperience with men, but also his bold nature-he's not afraid.

The sex scene was well done-it was tender while still being impersonal-perfect for the situation and the character of both men.

The assassin tensed up for a moment when he felt Dyon's hands on his waistband, but he quickly forced himself to calm down.

Good call that you have him be nervous from time to time-he has more than just the usual fears to overcome, after all.

No matter how good Dyon was at this, he couldn't have been able to hide all the pain Entreri would have expected him to feel. Being taken like this had to be painful, and yet Dyon always moaned and writhed as if it was the most beautiful thing in the world.

Very insightful. Artemis expects him to be in pain, because he himself has only ever been taken in violence.

"I want you to ... do this to me," Entreri whispered so quietly that he wasn't even sure if Dyon had heard him.

Always ready for battle, our Artemis. This was very cleverly rendered, actually-rather than think about the implications at length, he dives him, ready to banish the past-but the implications are still clear to the reader.

Um...Artemis on the bottom was so hot.

And...the final line was very fitting!

Great job!
amlugwen chapter 1 . 3/23/2008
very very interesting - did you also think about when he told Jarlaxle 'maybe she bored me to death' in *scratches head* uhm, when he brought that little dragon statuette ' anyway, well done! I think you could 'justify' your characters behavior more often if you write something like this ;) - my inner rabid fangirl is purring
Liriel chapter 1 . 3/22/2008
Very plausible written. Maybe you should set the rating to M?
Nuitari Aquarius chapter 1 . 3/22/2008
Seeing Artemis as a teenager, and a lustful one on top of that, is quite... unusual. But as you said, you did it to justify your personal version of Artemis, and I must admit it works.

Maybe I thought that Artemis lost control fast, but again, we're accustomed to stories where he's unable to trust anyone, for he's there a man in his forties. So I guess that youth enables him to let go.

And, hell, this is excellent, as always .

Nuitari Aquarius

PS : Last line... "ghost". A 'h' is missing. Et c'est une petite franchouillarde qui corrige les fautes de frappe :p.