Reviews for Paradox
GreenOnBlack chapter 4 . 4/17
Thank you so much for the revival!

I've always been an Ancient Egypt enthusiast, even as a child. I remember in elementary school, when we had to write and present annual speeches, a topic that I chose to research one year was time travel. I can only explain that this subject was chosen because I had, at the time, came to the conclusion that I would love to experience Ancient Egypt firsthand, if only I could travel in time.

Thus began my foray into their religion, culture, politics. I loved and still love it. It is one of the destinations of my List of Places to See, but the political climate is the one thing that is preventing me from going to see the Great Pyramids.

I had only occasionally watched Yu-Gi-Oh. I was interested in the magic and, obviously, the tie to ancient Egypt but never really got into it. Their depiction of the time, as you have said in one of your ANs, is rather unrealistic. Flat.

Just wanted to let you know that I appreciate the realism that you have inserted into this universe. I look forward to your interpretation. Thank you!
Pool-Sempai chapter 4 . 3/31
Well here is another story of yours I can obsess over! Really hope that you update as soon as you can. While I haven't been around as long as you have in actually writing, I've seen some of the old plans that I had come up with in high school and can't help but feel embarrassed.
Raina1 chapter 4 . 3/17
I am so glad I put in an alert for this story. It made the delight of the unexpected update all the more pleasing. I love what you have here,, please keep going.
applepie1989 chapter 4 . 3/16
I really love how the story developed thus far and i hope it be updated soon, with Yugi's new status, his existence in the time line and how this affects the people in the court and history and lastly, Atem and Yugi's growing relationship.
greymouser chapter 4 . 3/10
I always like to read a story where someone travels to Ancient Egypt, this one seems a nice story to follow. Would l8ve to read more. :-)
Rosetorn22 chapter 4 . 3/5
So... Yugi's going to be more comfortable with just being Atem's 'brother' more or less while Atem patiently waits for the opportunity for it to become something more. Even though it kills him a little bit each day, Yugi's happiness is above all what wants, even at the sacrifice of his own. Being 'brothers', friends even is what Yugi wants as long as he stays by Atem's side the Pharaoh really can't complain. Even if Yugi ends up looking at someone else in a way that Atem wishes he would look at him. However the more Atem isn't looked at the darker his heart would grow due to anger or jealously since he is the 'darker' half of the soul wouldn't he be more prone to more devilish thinking. Yugi is lighter of the two, and usually -feel free to break away from this stereotype- those who often represent the light feel that it's there duty to act for the greater good rather than their own selfish gain. Because Yugi is seen as 'Ammon' he could feel pushed into this sense of duty- it could also feel like an escape for him, the easy way out pursay- since he doesn't fully understand yet what it is that he must do and more importantly, why.
In a sense, Atem left all those years ago choosing to pass to the next world knowing that he would be leaving Yugi all alone whether he knew his own ultimatum as Yami or not Yugi could still feel abandoned by this fact. Just because someone doesn't remember what they have done it doesn't change the way the victim- for lack of a better word feels. By reading this though Yugi has to stop himself constantly from comparing the two- this it a major obsticale for him. Always comparing the two could leave Yugi hurt making him even more confused therefore pushing his 'here and now' (Atem not Yami) away.
Yugi is constantly thinking of someone- who if he succeed es in his unknown mission may never even exist in the first place now. This Yugi seems to over calculate his situations- always having a plan never breaking from routine- besides jumping into the past that is- being his 'otherself' Atem can help Yugi expect the unexpected while learning how to go with the flow. Hmm... each time they improve upon eachother it would be like another 'click' to an intricate puzzle- I think i finally get the meaning of the millennium puzzle- Yami only taught Yugi how to have confidence in himself and honestly never really taught him how to use it to his advantage.
Yugi's self dought and Atem's learned suspicion could really create a huge rift with them showing them just how different they really are -warning Disney reference so sue me!- The sun and rain both very different but together they provide life my question is; Who is it that will teach them this important lesson? When you are in the inside looking out you don't often see the big picture- that's why someone from the outside looking in can ofter those on the inside a different prespective on life- though it's not always well received at the time we often remember it later then want to slap ourselves silly for not listening to someone- then on the other side there's that one person that offers the bad advice and just ruins it for everyone else but I guess I see you using more of trickster for that kind of role...SHIT! Look at how long this thing is -blush- I'll shut up now but if you ever find yourself stuck with this story I would to discuss it with you and possibly help you out :)

Awesome story! Happy writings,
-Rose
p.s. if it doesn't make any sense...sorry
TearlessEyes chapter 4 . 3/5
Aside from how overjoyed I am at this update (because this is one of my all time favorites), I absolutely love the dynamic you have right how between the two of them Atem is a teenage king who knows that what was ripped from him is back and all he wants is to not lose it again, Yugi knows so much more and is so conflicted with how to see Atem (because of Yami and how close and comfortable they were). He has to build up a new relationship. Ugh! I really love how open you make Atem with Yugi.
Though this was short I really do like how you did set up how Atem really sees Yugi and how vulnerable he is in his confession. It is beautifully written.
I agree on your take of the development of their relationship, it definitely makes it a better read to look forward to.
Yugi going back in time is one of my favorite things to read in fics and are doing it so well and I can't wait to read the next chapter.
Hopeful chapter 4 . 3/4
Yay, you're alive and started Paradox again! XD
Okay so it might have been a long time for you dude, but this story is great! I'm curious as to how the uncle is gonna treat Atem, but more importantly , how Yugi and Atem are gonna get back together and how it would all connect again in the 'future'! Man I'm so pumped that this story is alive again! You sir, i hope you will continue with this until the end, even a crappy ending is better than a hiatus!
Chronos Mephistopheles chapter 4 . 3/2
*SCREAMS IN EXCITEMENT* Oh my gods, I had thought this fic was permanently forgotten and never to be updated, and even when I got the alert I stared at it like, "Wait, what is this fic?" I had to jump back a previous chapter and then I remembered and I actually shrieked.

I don't care that this chapter is short, I'm just so so glad that you have decided to continue this. I will sit here eagerly and awaiting your updates. Thank you so much.
calypso tchaka chapter 4 . 2/26
wow, this is a difficult one.

I understand and agree with your teenage romance problem with Atem and Yugi. Is Yugi a worrier? I guess not, since I think he can be very brave, and indeed strong enough have been Yami's anchor to sanity and his conscience. The difficulty (of course) here is that Atem is the "first" and I think Yugi will naturally be hopeful, uncertain and fearful of their (and his) future... especially when considering Atem's admission that they may only be themselves in this one closed off area.

And then Atem went and (sort of) bargained for what else he wishes for... Oh irony. I wonder if Yugi will be shocked enough to forget himself and smack Atem upside the head for that. Maybe, maybe not . I think it would take a certain amount of self control and awareness to distance yourself from everyone and everything you know (his friends could be stubborn and relentless)...and escape so completely.

Anyway. I don't know what your plans are for this fic, but I am certainly very glad that you got a fire lit under your bum to pick it up again. Take it as a compliment that you tickled readers enough to pester you so completely hahaha! Thanks for this chapter, it was a huge surprise when I got the notification. Take care and may you have a very pleasant weekend ahead of you.
Fourty-Zarking-Two chapter 4 . 2/26
You're back! I'm weeping with joy! Thank you! :-)
WhiteNaomi chapter 4 . 2/25
XD sooo COOL
FatesShadow83 chapter 4 . 2/25
Love this!
lonewolf chapter 4 . 2/25
i cant wait for the next chap
MissySelenity chapter 4 . 2/25
I love the reunion! I wonder how the people will react to Yugi though lol. You know Atem could name Yugi as prince since they basically share the same soul. Look forward to more, so glad you're continuing this.