Reviews for Paradox
Mirage chapter 4 . 8/20
it is an interesting Story i like that yugi did go back in time to make things right, to make the Pharao more stable and whole as it Looks,hope he gets more dominant with time right now yami seems realy lost and unsure

an who is the old bastard who did rob yugi for this time and di try to kill him, but who did protect him then? and will they stop him soon bevor he can try something...
Jestwine chapter 4 . 11/27/2018
I would take the offer to kick your butt, but I am patient and it's not like you are abandoning this lovely piece of work, are you?

No, seriously, are you? I will kick your butt if you do.

First, I'll get on the review on the story ― the most important part of this entire spiel ― and I give my brief opinion on the story.

I love the story, how you started strong with the set up to the strange time-travel prologue to this time period of Gods and Magic. The writing is strong, elegant with its flow, and simple nuances adding flavour to the story. I also love the detail and research you have put into this work.

Sorry that my review seems lacking, but going into detail of every chapter can get lost when you are trying to grab something in your thought process; it's another kind of mess.

Now for my thoughts of this story entirely, I will part with, since I just finished this incomplete story and it's relatively new so I can toy with some ideas that had brew in my head while enjoying this story.

Please be warned, if I get anyone's name spelt wrong, it's more the fact that names never stick in my memories and needs more reinforcing to do so.

Dahl was a character that sparked my interest, since we had a segment of his point of view before it switched around. His involvement might be important later on, with his fate ending in death as most treacherous side characters suffer. I believe the antagonist would use his services even if the man can't speak.

Which to say, I do believe that the old man is the antagonist? Everything is in the air honestly. And maybe I read things too quickly, but maybe he was just a man with some hatred to Atem, and not some old man like I think he was. I really have been reading too fast. Bad habit of mine I suppose.

Council and the people find Ammon (Yugi) a believable god compare to Atem, but hold their tongues since it would be foolish to kill one over the other. I mean, having just the mercy of a God wouldn't do without the Judgement of a God. So I believe Atem would remain as Pharaoh, along side with Yugi as an aid?

My ramblings are getting worst. I'm fairly new with the idea of 'sharing ideas', I'm a reclusive person so even reviewing is kind out of the norm for me as well.

The other point I am curious about is the old man (name starts with a R) and what is his purpose in the story. Even if he was a good judge of character, sometimes people don't come out of their hidey-holes unless something will benefit them. I hope he isn't a bad character, but who knows.

For this chapter, I don't know what to say other than Atem speaking his selfish desires to Yugi, and Yugi finding the whole situation isn't what he thought it would be for a time-traveller. It's more a touch of the characters who are split in half, trying to reconcile with each other from different time period. Atem knowing about his lost half, which was done by his father of all things, and Yugi having a difficult time know that Atem isn't the same as Yami.

It's a lovely chapter, short and sweet.

I think I have said all I wanted to say. And I wish you good luck on your writing endeavours!
griffonskies chapter 4 . 3/7/2018
*settles in for the long haul* I’ll just wait here then for the next chapter, whenever you get the inspiration. :)

I’m loving this so far, the concept and your style.
I’m just sorry Yūgi lost touch with all his friends before this, though that would have been quite the problem had he still connections to the future.
Guest chapter 4 . 1/2/2018
Ummm it’s been a few years? Is there still hope for an update? Maybe if you watched yugioh again or read fan fiction for atemxyugi you’ll be inspired?
TearlessEyes chapter 1 . 12/17/2017
I'm re-reading this for the umpteenth time. And it's still so good! The world building is way to amazing. And knowing what happens next makes the little hints you drop that much more exciting. I know you are on an indefinite hiatus but I still love reading your works!
Guest chapter 4 . 6/24/2017
Please update this fiction, it's so awesome, and I really want to read more.
Great chapter 4 . 6/15/2017
Not sure if you'll continue this story, but it IS very good. I hope you find the inspiration to continue writing it. Looking forward to more!
Xyrlea chapter 4 . 4/1/2017
Hiya! It's been a while again, huh? I absolutely love this type of idea with the two parts of the soul, but it's so difficult to find good ones! Ah, the story offers a completely different perspective on Yugi and Atem that I am so excited to keep reading about. I think I am most eager to read about the kidnapping arc (just because we readers love some angst). There's just so much potential with this story that I can't wait for more! But I'll wait until you get that muse back, and I think we'll enjoy the adventure together. See you in the next update! 3
Yaraslava Rada chapter 4 . 2/19/2017
This story is great! It definitely deserves whatever following you've managed to gain. I love the whole "two halves of the soul" and how you write it, as that is how I see their relationship. The fact that the pharaoh (atem's father!) seems to have been the one to split his soul, for his own good was a twist. I'd love to see more of Yugi being exactly himself and still thought of as a god. To see interactions between Yugi and Set, Mahaad, and Mana. And I'd like to see how they're going to deal with Zorc, and of course the obvious plot you have going with the kidnapping and blood magic. Not expecting too much since it's been so long, but here's to hope. :)
YellowWomanontheBrink chapter 4 . 10/23/2016
i love this story. As a research junkie myself, I feel like this is the YuGiOh! story I've wanted to read for along time but never really found? I'm so looking forward to teh political intrigue and the like- you've ainted a beautiful world of ancient egypt and Atem totally breaks my heart. This chapter was perfect, even if it was short-I feel like there was hardly an interruption in tone or a drastic change in style! I'm so excited for this story like you have no idea. I feel you though, with the long hiatus. It can be difficult to get back into a complex story you havent written for a long time! I hope you update again soon!
Midna the Pokemon chapter 4 . 6/8/2016
I just now found this story and I have to say that I fell in love with it as soon as I layed eyes on it. I look forward to the day that you are able to update this story.
JesterClown chapter 4 . 6/2/2016
I don't know if I should be thankful, or be mad at you for reviving my long forgotten interest in the Yu-Gi-Oh! series all over again. And my love for my very first yaoi OTP pairing. My God, how could you?

It's been 6 years, as you have said, since you've posted chapter 2, and then another 2 years since chapter 3. And you know what? I've never given up hope for the next update for this fanfic. I've been reading this over and over again countless times, yet, this is still by far, my most favorite Yu-Gi-Oh! fanfic. Even after all this time.

As for my thoughts and predictions of what might happen next in terms of their relationship, I would think that on Yugi's part, he would have to start re-establishing his connection back with Yami (Atem). Initiating conversations, meeting each other at a place where they would feel the most comfortable, etc., and finally, starting fresh.

As for Atem, I have this feeling that he's going to go through (if not already) some sort of a state of limerence. I'm not sure if this will fit to your requirement of realism, but oh my goodness, I can just taste all the feels from this.

Again, thank you so much for creating this wonderful story and sharing it to us all. Take your time in updating another chapter; I'm sure it'll be just as beautiful.

... Just... please don't take too long. I don't think my fujoshi heart can take that again... *sob*
Reynardetta chapter 4 . 5/8/2016
OH god I just... I need to know how Yugi responds to that, to Atem's wish. I feel like crying for them.
OblivionTheScythe chapter 4 . 4/22/2016
Damn, I have no words to explain but I love your style and realism to the story! The way you are going with your story is AMAZING and I love reading the factual stuff that happened in ancient Egypt. Hope you continue this, best of luck.
Silvermist023 chapter 4 . 4/6/2016
You said it won't take years for the next chapter but it's already been 2 years. If you are gonna discontinue the story please put a notice. Don't make your fans beg. I really love this story even though it takes too long to update but please update. The continuation of the story all depends on you. We aren't the writer of this fic! So please update soon. I hope you'll read this as well as all other fans' review and consider to Update the next chapters soon...