Reviews for It's Not Just a River in Egypt
abbyweyr chapter 1 . 10/20/2012
Sad. Ironic. Now he really is in hell. Their poor communication taken to extremes with this result.
Red-Satin chapter 1 . 8/21/2009
I love how you describe edwards thoughts, they are very similar to what i believe he must have thought all along. the end is very(!) dark and depressing, but that's usually how some of the best stories end. -except of course breaking dawn lol.
RedCaroLine11 chapter 1 . 7/2/2008
OMG! This is so sad!

I'm almost crying!

I love Jacob, but i think that Edward and Bella are forever!

But it was a really really good fanfic!

~ReD HeAd~
Angel of Sinne chapter 1 . 5/18/2008
Woah..This story is amazing. It's well written and it's really deep. It's totally amazing and I keep reading it over and over again. Good Job.
Mrs.EdwardCullen16 chapter 1 . 5/8/2008
wow that's deep
HolliiiCruiser chapter 1 . 3/29/2008
Ah... no... My poor little Edward...

Anyways... this is an interesting twist on things...

It was short, but it was better for that...

Better not to draw these things out...

The last line is just fantastic.
nothingleft chapter 1 . 3/26/2008
Wow, now that would be tragic!
l'heure bleue chapter 1 . 3/23/2008
Wow... that was kinda sad. *Cries* It's a really beautiful story, and a wonderful "what if" outcome. But I sure hope it never happens.

All in all, very beautiful!

CullenCrazy chapter 1 . 3/23/2008
Aw, that's so sad, but great at the same time!
Irish Froggy chapter 1 . 3/23/2008
That was entirely well written but...sad. Very sad. I don't believe that Bella will ever fall out of love with Edward. And the whole thing about her lying at the wedding? Well-done, but not too realistic.
PurpleMatter chapter 1 . 3/23/2008
I am not going to deny this is well-written. You've got the duh stuff down: grammer/spelling, and all that jazz, and your writing style is different: different and very interesting. It is with this style that you capture Edward's emotions - his frustration, the underlying sadness, and the insanity of the whole situation, but that is exactly where this fic goes wrong. The plot.

Yes, Bella loved Jake. She loved Jake in the way humans love their husbands, their soulmates. She loved him deeply, but it is also worth noting that she fell in love with him during New Moon, although she didn't know it, BECAUSE, and this is the main point, her love for Edward was so, so much stronger.

When a vampire falls in love, it is not like normal love. You can't "get over" that person, and you love them with near-insane, absolutely irrational intensity. Remember Renee's reaction to their relationship? "You're like magnets...or satelites. I've never seen anything like it." What Renee saw, while completely whacked out for even the most loving of human couples, is the roll-your-eyes, DUH, absolute basicbasic of normalcy for the supernatural relationship, and yes, I'm inluding werewolf imprinting. But Jacob hasn't imprinted on Bella. He loves her, and she loves him, but it does not go to the extent of Bella's bond to Edward, or, say, Sam's bond to Emily. Their love, requited willingly for a grand total of about ten minutes, can only go as far as a human is capable of.

Bella can get over Jake. She can go back to thinking of him as her best friend. But she could never, ever get over Edward. It's entirely overused, but the last sentence of the three things Bella is absolutely certain of pretty much sum it up.

"And third, that I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him."
Eillac chapter 1 . 3/23/2008
Wow. It was short, but it had so much meaning behind it. Truly beautiful. 4 stars

My Watercolour Romance chapter 1 . 3/23/2008

I am crying right now.

I love Edward, I totally support BxE AAF, and you've made me cry. It was amazing, but it made me very upset - Bella loves Edward, doesn't she? She loves him more, so much more, than Jacob, right?

You have me questioning my beliefs!

You should go into writing as a career. You're really VERY good.
orangemice311 chapter 1 . 3/23/2008