Reviews for Human Contact
annana chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
I just found this through a rec and loved it - if only the characters would interact like this (or at all) on the show! The tone you strike is perfect - it's a poignant moment w/out being overly sentimental, Derek's POV rings true, and Cameron's presence adds an extra layer to the interactions. Excellent writing as well, and I loved the last line.
fairedust chapter 1 . 1/27/2009
I really enjoyed this story. I like to see Derek be "Uncle Derek". I think they should put more of it in the show. Show his inner conflict with hating Conner but loving his nephew John. Who else would be able to understand.
autumn0587 chapter 1 . 1/26/2009
I think I'm reading too many Derek fanfics. I actually shuddered when Cam said the last line.
Sensue chapter 1 . 10/20/2008
I'm a sucker for those family moments between Uncle Derek and John. I wish there were more in the show like you've written.

It was really aww-inspiring.
novashanti chapter 1 . 9/21/2008
Well done. I think you captured Derek's internal conflict perfectly. And Kudos on your Cameron also.
Lady Laurelin chapter 1 . 9/10/2008
“That’s my job..I guess that makes us partners.” And don't you know that just rankles. Very nice perspective! I love Derek as the unknowning/unconscious/whole-hearted father figure.
heartfallen chapter 1 . 6/13/2008
Nice story
graceandfire chapter 1 . 3/27/2008
Nice. Nice, well done look into Derek's head, how he's almost reluctantly getting pulled into caring about present-John and the insight he's gaining into how the boy turns into the future-John that Derek knows and doesn't necessarily like.
HeroesBonesSNPB chapter 1 . 3/25/2008
awesome story! :D :P
kristy chapter 1 . 3/25/2008
Great start! You have the voices of each of the characters down really well. This is a refreshing new take on the storyline. Keep it going!
DimpleLala chapter 1 . 3/24/2008
I love it! Are you going to write more?
Embry chapter 1 . 3/23/2008
WOW! I loved this story! you wrote john and derek very well and i can't wait to read more!
EagleGirl6 chapter 1 . 3/23/2008
I really enjoyed reading this, it was really well written and fits right in with the show, I think. I'd love to read more from this show...

Thanks,

Kelly
devra chapter 1 . 3/23/2008
A wonderful introspective fic that was filled with excellent visuals and characterizations.
Metroid13 chapter 1 . 3/23/2008
Nice interaction, that's all I can basically come up with. The writing is also good, it's not often that I see something done in the present tense, so that was a pleasant surprise. What's more, you didn't fall into the trap most people fall into: inadvertantly switching from present to past, so kudos for that.