Reviews for A Decided Genius
Hades Lord of the Dead chapter 7 . 7/30/2012
Seriously just - wow. That was... astounding! Amazing! Brilliant!
forgetmenotjimmy chapter 7 . 4/21/2012
Great characterisations and well written, nice one!

Jack Hawksmoor chapter 7 . 11/29/2010
my god. I am absolutely stunned by this piece. How amazing is this? God, I hope you've written more like this. The action scenes were nail-biting, and it being Holmes doing the narration made it heartbreaking at several points. Good on Mary, always liked her.
R.S.H chapter 7 . 2/26/2010
Whoa! Holmes had quite a story to tell! Good thing he found someon to share the story with.

And you made Watson an addict and a complete danger-prone! How is he possibly alive after all that?

But I can see some of the happenings were inspired by the canon. I give you credit for that; and also for the deductions at the end. Nice work.
IrregularHonour chapter 7 . 10/3/2009
Very well thought out. You seem to have done quite a lot of research for this story- and yet you haven't overwhelmed it with too much information.

I'm adding this to favourite stories and you to author alert.
BlackWolfHowling chapter 7 . 5/7/2008
It's nice to see the softer side of Holmes when it comes to Watson. Actually it's nice to see the softer side of Holmes at all, but that's only if you wanna get technical.
Susicar chapter 2 . 4/17/2008
Oh, this is odd, poor Watson, he faces a new form of torture here (evil authors)
Susicar chapter 1 . 4/17/2008
Very original, i never see before a fic in Mary Watson-diary-form. Good thinking. And well written too. You make Mary more prominent, but Holmes retain his real importance. And the final sentence... OPS...
bcbdrums chapter 7 . 4/16/2008
oh wow, quite epic indeed! definitely worth reading, so i don't know why it has only twenty reviews. i loved all the little canonical tie-ins and i think it's a very reasonable supposition that watson's leg wound occurred in london. you wrote holmes quite well and mary's observance of him. i believed both of them as their characters and can only think of one criticism. i would have taken more time at the beginning to establish mary's character so we could identify with her a bit more; this would have also made her emotional reactions more meaningful to us as readers. but all in all a marvelous tale!
Protector of the Gray Fortress chapter 7 . 3/28/2008
My mistake. One more chappie to read and review. Hooray!

I liked this one, it tied everything together rather neatly and still leave us some room for thought and speculation. Just what an epie should do really.

Its nice to see that there is now some sort of understanding between Holmes and Mary, I have no doubt taht this talk of theirs is one of the reasons why she always let Watson go off with Holmes on his cases.

Nicely done the whole thing.

Mysterylover17 chapter 7 . 3/27/2008
As I said before, this was positively brilliant. I look forward to reading more of your work!
KCS chapter 7 . 3/26/2008
Oh, I say! I enjoyed that immensely, first to last! Been laid up with a sinus infection and a fever all day and that was very nice indeed to top the day off with. And I really love how you pointed out that Mary and Holmes were not enemies, as some fic writers put them.
Mysterylover17 chapter 6 . 3/26/2008
brava! Excellent work. I know how difficult it us to humanize Holmes and I think you did a splendid job. Also you showed his concern for Watson's well-being in a manner which suit his character. Also, it is very nice to read a story where the two most important people in Watson's life are not bitter enemies. Keep up the great work!
Candide chapter 6 . 3/26/2008
beautifully done!
Protector of the Gray Fortress chapter 1 . 3/26/2008
Nice end, sad but sweet. Its' nice to see Holmes taking such concern in Watson's future.

And that twist with the case was brilliant.

Well done!