Reviews for Worldship Saga
FORD B chapter 23 . 7/30/2011
Great read! Be really cool to see this continued.
JJ Rust chapter 23 . 10/21/2008
I think you do an excellent job showing Nova's thoughts and further developing her character, showing a strength in her we rarely saw in Star Blazers. This is a good story and yes, please continue with it.
JJ Rust chapter 22 . 10/21/2008
Good one. Great job of making it look like the Star Force rescued the hostages, only to have been outwitted by the Lupries. Sometimes the good guys lose battles, which anime like Star Blazers and Robotech was never afraid to show, unlike GI Joe and other 80s cartoons.

Some things I noticed. In the beginning you used quick and quickly pretty close together. Also in one line you said Worldship three times when the second and third one could have been replaced by "it." And I would have liked to have seen a little more detail of the battle.

Overall, though, I enjoyed this chapter and could really feel the crew's frustration at failing to rescue their people.
JJ Rust chapter 21 . 10/21/2008
Good scene here. You have created quite a compelling character in Hawk. First he can't reclaim his honor by liberating Uther, then his wife dumps him. How much more will he endure? And now the aliens are spying on our ships returning to Earth. I see more bad things for the EDF in the future.
JJ Rust chapter 19 . 10/20/2008
Ito had some pretty funny thoughts in this one. Looks like Nova and company are in more danger from these experiments.
JJ Rust chapter 18 . 10/19/2008
Nice eve of battle chapter. I also enjoyed the bit with IQ-9 and Kei and Kei being rather confused by the robot's attitude.
JJ Rust chapter 17 . 10/15/2008
Good chapter. The battle looked pretty cool, and I enjoyed reading it, but descriptions seemed better suited to a history book. Maybe some of those scenes could have been from Hawk's POV or better yet, the POV of the enemy commander. Then we could feel the commander's anxiety, the desperation when the battle is being lost, or for the Gamilons, the elation when the battle is being won, and we could see and feel their reactions when their ships are rocked by explosions.

Just some suggestion. Still digging the story.
JJ Rust chapter 16 . 10/13/2008
Good job showing Nova taking initiative in trying to find out what's going on. I also like how you portrayed the aliens, especially the one lord who said we are superior beings, so we can afford to be merciful. It's always nice to have an alien adversary who aren't into completely annihilating the human race.

One typo I picked up. It should be "dying" instead of "dieing."

Keep up the good work.
JJ Rust chapter 15 . 10/12/2008
I'm glad Orion had that conversation with Jordy. Looks like he'll be maturing some as a character. I'll be interested in seeing how you'll balance Wildstar's worry for his family with trying to do his job. One typo I caught. "juts" instead of "just."

Good job.
JJ Rust chapter 14 . 10/8/2008
Good job presenting both sides of the pro-going to war and anti-going to war. Nice play on what went down during the Iraq War, and you did both sides of the argument justice. Props to you.
JJ Rust chapter 13 . 10/7/2008
Pretty cool battle scene. Glad to see you had the EDF win but suffer a lot of casualties. Many naval battles have gone that way.

Good job.
JJ Rust chapter 12 . 10/5/2008
Another good chapter, especially the internal conflict you show with Captain Hawk. A couple typos I caught. "delver" instead of "deliver" and "Each of the destroyer" instead of "Each destroyer."

Overall, though, still an enjoyable story.
JJ Rust chapter 11 . 10/1/2008
Well, now we have some more drama here about the enemy fleet and what they're really up to. One typo I found. "Ill" instead of "I'll." Nice touch adding the photo of Nova slapping Wildstar's hand on their first date. I also like the little explanation you give on how the Time Radar works.

Still liking this story.
JJ Rust chapter 10 . 9/30/2008
Good one. You really capture Desslock's character well. I loved when he dumped that one Gamilon general. So James Bond-ish. Couple typos, like "away" instead of "a way" and "wont" instead of "won't." Overall, good chapter, and this Gladn guy has caught my interest.
JJ Rust chapter 9 . 9/15/2008
I totally dug the ending. It shows not just Wildstar, but the entire crew moving forward. We also see how Wildstar is finally accepting that Yamato is completely his ship now. Good job. Oh, one typo I noticed. It should be "sense of style" instead of "since of style."

Still, enjoyable story.