Reviews for Diamond in the Dirt
KiraK.chan chapter 24 . 12/21/2015
I really really realllllyyyyyyyy wish you continued this story cause I believe it could go for awhile and there's so much you could include yet I'm still not sure what you're going to do with the ending!
N chapter 24 . 5/15/2014
This is such a well written and well characterized story. There were quite a few moments where I wanted to stop reading to compliment you on something insightful that really connected. I see you've stopped updating but I'm hoping you've got more NaruSasu stories
cary99 chapter 1 . 12/30/2013
Love it,awesome
Lzay-Niight chapter 10 . 12/18/2013
...And this story just crashed into the ground for me. And I am going to explain why.

Lets start with the characterization. In the beginning, everyone was pretty spot on. Then the accident happen. You kept nearly everyone in decent character. Not great, but not bad either. But then Sasuke found out that his parents could have been killed on purpose...and did nothing but widen his eyes and become afraid. That is when I realized this would be one of Those stories. Were the Author only know the surface of Sasuke's character (And even then not very well), and ran with it, instead of digging deeper.

This was made obvious when: 1. Sasuke learned his parent could have been murdered, meaning somebody was behind it, and did nothing. This is supposed to be the same guy that swore to avenge his family when he was a kid by murdering his own brother, no matter the consequences. Yeah, something not right about that. 2. Sasuke left with Orochimaru even thought it was annoyingly obvious there was something off about him. Seriously, the words 'Bad guy, run the Fuck away' was pretty much stamped on Orochimaru's forehead. Now, I can see him going along if the benefit outweigh the danger (Which could be argued his inheritance does), BUT only if he was damn near sure he could survive or come to no harm long enough. In this, Sasuke is aware Orochimaru is dangerous to an extinct, and just kind of waits for something horrible to happen so he can realize it fully, even though warning bells should have gone off the first time he met the guy. It seems I am the only one who remembers Sasuke Uchiha could had been considered a prodigy.
3. Oh wait! Something horrible DID happen (He was raped and magically recovers in a day!), only he conveniently doesn't remember, and so of course it needs to happen again...unless he forgets that too!? If you are going to have Rape in your story, at least have the decency to get more information on it, no matter how disturbing. That way you can weigh the gravity of it accurately next time.

I am sure you can tell by now that I am a obvious fan of Sasuke Uchiha, and don't appreciate it when Authors not-so-subtly bash his character straight through the floor. I get this is fanfiction, but at least have some respect for the original creator.

Next is the plot: For one, I am wondering were are you taking this? From the story so far, and the Romance tag, my guess is this: Sasuke life goes from pampered poodle, to starved dog shivering in the streets. The whole point is of him being shoved into reality (and the ground) without notice. Naruto is dragged into the mess because he has a hero-complex. The story is about how Sasuke life goes from bad to worse (Cue Orochimaru), and him eventually growing some balls with the help of Naruto, and begin to pick himself up after being slapped in the face with darker sides of life a bit. They worked together, becomes lovers in the process, and Happy Ending (Or just a Ending). The End.
Lzay-Niight chapter 9 . 12/18/2013
This chapter would have been much better right after Sasuke left for Orochimaru. Especially since you didn't add in Kiba coming back, and telling him the news with Gaara in this.
Lzay-Niight chapter 6 . 12/18/2013
What of Sasuke's money? Seventeen is legal in some places.
Lzay-Niight chapter 5 . 12/18/2013
-squints- I wonder were this is going. At first I thought Naruto was the Diamond in the Dirt, but I guess it is Sasuke.

Also, forceful penetration in the anus would bleed, and would be extremely painful. A.K.A I highly doubt Sasuke would be able to walk. You could get a limp from perpetration, and penetration. Forcing it in would have you laying down for a few days without moving. Even a twitch would likely send pain shooting up the spine.
Lzay-Niight chapter 4 . 12/18/2013
Rape scene: Boring, since Sasuke wasn't given a chance to fight back/defend himself. Could have summed it up as: Sasuke blearily getting sexually abused.
Lzay-Niight chapter 2 . 12/18/2013
found it a bit weird Naruto didn't consider that they would rate him out. Especially Itachi, seeing as he is smart enough to know that it would do the most damage to Naruto.
Lzay-Niight chapter 1 . 12/18/2013
Not going to lie, if I saw a bum on the street I would probably walk on by without a second glance. If one came into my house...I would likely hit him with a frying pan first, and ask questions later. Honestly, not everyone can be saints.
Lady Spain chapter 24 . 10/6/2012
Update soon pleasee?
Guest chapter 24 . 7/6/2011
Any chances of updates:3
ButterCat chapter 24 . 8/14/2010
HOLEY SHIT OKAY THIS IS WOW UM I'M SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW.

I'M YELLING THESE WORDS IN MY HEAD AS I'M TYPING THEM OKAY.

EXCITE. This was always an awesome story that i completely loved and then you just DISAPPEARED. MADE ME SO SAD.

THEN. One day i was thinking about this story again. Some reason i decided to revisit Naruto fanfiction and was finding absolutely nothing good to read. So i thinks about this story and says to myself, 'MANG I SHOULD READ IT AGAIN CUZ THAT PART WITH SASUKE BEING MANIC DEPRESSED (majority of the story) WAS AWESOME I NEED MORE GOODLY WRITTEN STORIES.'

SO. I come back to read this and NO WAY, YOU'VE UPDATED. MAKES ME PEE PANTS HAPPY. VERILY.

Maybe i should get a hobby but WATEVER. JUST KEEP DOLING OUT YOUR CHOCOLATE CAKE CHAPTERS. AND GOOD LUCK WRITING. AND I HOPE YOU FIND YOUR NOTEBOOK.

BE HAPPY!
Shonuff-Sama chapter 24 . 8/10/2010
Wow just stared reading, very good story can't wait for the update. I Am hooked now.
Evil Angel4 chapter 24 . 8/8/2010
very good story!

i think sasuke is reallllllly lazy! naruto is doing all the work and it seems all sasuke does is starve himself and complain... sure, it's his own way of grieving for the loss of his parents but maybe kakashi could help him overcome his grief, find a new purpose since obviously he doesn't want naruto's help in that department...

who is the diamond in the dirt? naruto seems to think it's sasuke, all beautifull in a tragic way, but i think it's naruto, bright and strong and selfless naruto trying to help someone who wouldn't have thought twice about throwing him down an old ladder just for fun...

i wonder when naruto's patience with sasuke will start to thin? if sasuke finds his family, will he leave naruto all alone again?

please continue! i love reading your story