Reviews for Cauterize
nightkitty555 chapter 1 . 7/11
Very cool. I never would have found this story if it wasn't so highly favorite-ed, but it is definitely a very cool piece. I like that Draco got the tattoo removed, and I wish Dennis got the first shot of Draco that he had wanted as well. Also, how do you make the line breaks?
DarkerThanInk chapter 1 . 7/8
This was heart aching and beautifully sad. Thanks for the feels
Coming back to this years after I first read it, and still I find the imagery so powerful. Seriously one of the best Harry Potter fanfics.
parkynson chapter 1 . 6/25
this is... this is so beautiful I actually shed a tear
MoonfireArt chapter 1 . 6/16
This is one of the most beautiful things I have ever read. Enough said.
Cass of Avalon chapter 1 . 6/16
This is very touching. A look at what war does on a generation.
impatientuser chapter 1 . 6/14
Holy hell. Fanfiction isn't supposed to make me cry. This was beautiful.
Viridian chapter 1 . 6/13
Beautiful one-shot. Thanks for writing it. And I think Draco's shot is quite fittingly the last of the collection.
Imraphel chapter 1 . 6/10
Nice. Intelligent. Moving.

Thanks for this one.
Yvette chapter 1 . 6/7
I love this. I absolutely love this. i've read it two or three times now over a year or so and I can't forget it. I love this. Thank you for writing something so beautiful.
spfuzz chapter 1 . 6/4
In the Wake of the Wreckage," by MorgannaLeFae led me here.

It's always the stories that paint the generation as a pack of survivors, as child soldiers, that touch me the most - I have a standing argument with my girlfriend how broad and how the vicious the war was. She argues there were maybe 500 people all told. I think that resistance and reprisals were broader, as was the truth and reconciliation process after. "Postmodern Potter" on tumblr blogs about Justin Finch-Fletchley and the Muggleborn Resistance and Vera Rozalsky's Amends really capture the tone, if not necessarily the details.

I stand by my headcanon that suggests that wizard in Britain is both larger, and the war more vicious, than the books let on.

Obviously, this gives me all the feels.

I know you wrote this before the film came out, but adding Hermione's "Mudblood" scar from Bellatrix's torture would've been a poignant (and political!) touch. Of course, that didn't exist when you wrote this.

Again, it's lovely, and heartbreaking.
Narial chapter 1 . 5/29
Beautiful.
birdandthebell chapter 1 . 5/29
Wow. This was great. So many scars and you've captured them well.
slightlysickpsycho chapter 1 . 5/27
Wow! You did a fantastic job with this!
...this was beautiful...