Reviews for Cauterize
strange'eagle chapter 1 . 3/12/2012
Oh wow, I can see why this story is so massively popular. I think it's one of the few that deals with the after-effects -the scars- of what happened in the books, without the battle overshadowing the future or everything healing without a mark. Your description of them is amazing; I really want to see these pictures! All the characters roles in the "collection" are surprising but also extremely fitting. Harry scar being ostentatious and predictable, but he still submits another one without acknowledgement. Neville's message. Acknowledging the multiplicity of pain, and not just from the winning side, with Draco. And how Fred is the shadow in almost every portrait of the Wesley's. I would have titled George's picture: "Fred and George Wesley: twins" and leave it to the viewers to figure it out.

Thank you so much for writing this, it was a pleasure reading. :)
Rosalind chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
Wow. I don't know what else to say. Wow.
angelinaweasley7 chapter 1 . 3/8/2012
Wow! Thanks so much for sharing this - it really is a fantastic piece. I love that, though the nature of the piece is fragmented, the story really flows well. The last photo is perfect- it sets up a contrast with the other scars, as it was taken semi-willingly. You do a great job incorporating different kinds of scars: emotional, physical; subtle, obvious. Have you ever thought of including more scars on older people? You have scarred youth, but scars can be just as life-changing for people well into adulthood.

Thanks!

Julia
jazzstfu chapter 1 . 2/29/2012
upS IM CRYing in english class asdfghhjkl; ugh ugh ugh it was so beautifully written and the format, and just the whole idea of the scars and everything and im so happy that you didnt kill lavender. ughughughsopretty.
salty-sarah chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
Dear Lady Altair,

Hugely, hugely painful and bare. The title was the perfect finishing (or beginning) note to this. I love how you inserted tiny anecdotes of the subject's lives- this is what Dennis had been trying to incorporate, after all. Astoria's words were very touching at the end. Thank you for sharing.

Cheers,

Sarah
Avasaya chapter 1 . 2/23/2012
This is an absolutely breathtaking piece of art-i'll dare to call it. I've never read a fanfiction so simple, poignant, and tragically beautiful.
Dimac99 chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
I know you already have a bazillion reviews for this, but I couldn't *not* tell you how moving I found this fic. I was wiping tears at the end. Beautiful.
goooooooooooooooooooooooone chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
Touching and sad, though heart-warmingly beautiful. I love the part about George's picture, and also Neville's bit.

Dennis has a good perspective of people and life and relationships, in general, and you have put that wonderfully in this fic.
mabidiso chapter 1 . 2/16/2012
Lovely story, lovely images.
Cristalake chapter 1 . 2/11/2012
cathartic... Thats the perfect word for this story. It truly gave me the release JKR's truly pitiful epilogue failed to provide. From now on, I'm going to consider 'Cauterize' as the true epilogue to Harry Potter. You honor the series. )
horntail07 chapter 1 . 2/9/2012
Very beautiful and touching story :).
Mossy Stone chapter 1 . 2/7/2012
I just wanted to say I loved this story. I found it touching and cathartic, as well as really well written. Thank you for writing and sharing it.
Wind Style chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
Very beautiful and original. Touching. I loved it from the start to the end. You did well writing about some of the results of the battle on the survivors.
Shebali chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
Dunno how I didn't fav it after first reading. Oh well, rectified.
wakingdreaming chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
I love your stories, especially the post-DH ones. they have this spark of hope, even amid the loss and tragedy, that the Marauders & co ones don't, even once Voldemort is gone. This is probably my favourite story of yours. You capture the pain that lingers on, even years after the tragedy, and the way people deal with their scars, both those seen and unseen. Thank you for a beautiful, illuminating story.
1,528 | « Prev Page 1 .. 46 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 66 .. Last Next »