Reviews for Cauterize
elvinmage chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
Really a touching piece that never gets old. I must have read it a dozen times by now, but every few months I come back to it just because it is so poignant. Very well done.
xSuperNovax chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
I loved it. It was so heartfelt and well written. I feel like you managed to capture the pain within everyone so well. Brilliant job.
MonkeyEpoxy chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
Of all the things I've read, fanfiction or original, and I've read a lot, this is one of the most beautiful, if not the most. It's just so devastatingly sad. Really well done
The Fantasy Spinner chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
It's very rare that you find a story that really changes the way you think about things, that affects you deeply. Yours is one of those stories, and I believe it is perfect. I don't know which one is more poignant- Lavender's or George or Mr. and Mrs. Weasely or Draco. They are all so beautiful, and I hope you know how much I mean it when I say I really, truly, love this, and it never gets old. Thank you for writing such a beautiful piece, it is truly a gem.
Lenorajade chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
It made me cry. It's beautiful.
paper parasols chapter 1 . 6/15/2012
A gorgeous and haunting piece.
Amber Esme Hermione chapter 1 . 6/13/2012
I finished this and whispered in reverence, "God, this is amazing.". I love all of these, and the final addition of Draco's picture is perfect. I like the construction of the vignettes, and each is well placed in the collection. The idea of Lavender's tribute is fascinating. Neville's remark and contribution are also poignant because everyone remembers Harry's parents, but not everyone thinks of Alice and Frank Longbottem. There is so much more, and I will find more with subsequent readings. I think that Harry's eyes are a subtle reference to Severus, and his abiding love for Lilly. That just came to me as I was writing the review.
Iaveina chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
...Excuse me while I go and cry in a corner...

...This is beautiful.
Prongslette94 chapter 1 . 6/11/2012
beautiful :)
TayaCurragh chapter 1 . 6/8/2012
I love this story! I've always loved Colin and Dennis, it was so sad when Colin died as he was so young, and Dennis even younger :(
Ettie Tobias chapter 1 . 6/6/2012
oh, wow. I very rarely find a fic that causes me to review, although I've been trying to do it more often, because that's polite. it's even rarer when I find a fic that moves me to tears. this is a totally perfect and realistic story that had so many beautiful moments that I hardly know where to begin the complements.

Harry's was perfect, especially the 'anonymous' piece, because I think that he thinks his biggest scar is his fame, because he doesn't want it.

I cried during mr and mrs weasely's photo, because, well it's all horribly sad. you captured it perfectly.

oh, Fred and George. he's not there, that's the POINT. sob.

draco's really is the masterpiece, because his shows the scars that plagued the other side of the war.

ettie tobias
imaginingInspiration chapter 1 . 6/2/2012
Simple. Beautiful. Great job. :)
MlleEmmaMlle chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
Oh wow, this was truly amazing!
The World's Best Auror chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
This is beautiful. You can feel the hope shining through the scars of war. It gave me goosebumps. :)
The Phoenix Order chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
This is absolutely stunning and beautiful and amazing and I don't know powerful enough adjectives to do it justice.

The funny this is, about seven months ago, one of my friends mentioned this story to me, talking about the part with George. Unfortunately, she couldn't remember the name, so I tried and tried to find it on my own since it sounded amazing. I eventually gave up after no success. Then, I just now randomly stumbled across this on someone else's favorites page. When I saw the summary, I immediately realized that this was it. And, oh boy, this is just incredible. Just unbelievable.
1,578 | « Prev Page 1 .. 46 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 66 .. Last Next »