Reviews for Cauterize
LyraOfTheWolves chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
I cried. I cried and cried and cried when i read this. You have a gift, a beautiful gift of making a thousand words paint a picture. This story was beautiful. It broke my heart, but i still love it. Even though this is the second (third?) time I've read this, I still cry, and i still want more.
abby chapter 1 . 5/7/2011
one of the most original and most beautiful one shots i've ever read. you should be proud of yourself. )
Payce D. Elui chapter 1 . 5/6/2011
I'm sure you've heard this more than once, but that really was a tragically beautiful piece of fanfiction. Honestly, I think it got me the way it was meant to, and that's rare with fanfiction. You go all the characters down really well, as well as their individual snippets; (I particularly favoured Neville's, Lavender's first, and George Weasley's). Thanks for the read.
brujon chapter 1 . 5/4/2011
Oh my goodness. I saw this in two communities and stared at the 447 reviews on one chapter, but it totally deserves every one. This is gorgeous. I read the little description and was totally uninterested, but then I /read/ it. OH, my GOSH. Beautiful job. I love it.
ButterflyMouse chapter 1 . 4/30/2011
I love this story to death, it's beautiful.
Midnight Daydreamer chapter 1 . 4/29/2011
Beautifully written. It's a interesting look at the scars that people get from war.
neru chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
i love this! i wish someone would illustrate it...
Comosicus chapter 1 . 4/26/2011
A very touchy story. Good job.
sagebrushandthistle chapter 1 . 4/25/2011
I love this fanfiction. I recently made a new account, since I've long forgotten the email and password I used for my old account in junior high - but I've been reading and re-reading your fanfictions (and others, I suppose, to be fair, but yours the longest) that I decided I really needed to make a new one so that I could tell you what I thought.

This is one of my very favorites.

Morag McDougal and Anthony Goldstein (hear no evil, see no evil) "seem to exist in a space apart from the world where such a thing should never work"... I love that excerpt.

Charlie Weasley's first one, where he asks for Lavender's name to owl her, makes me smile. Even after the worst tragedies, life goes on. It's encouraging, that one... the Hope at the bottom of a Pandora's box of disheartenment.

Andromeda Tonks with Teddy... "lost and found at the same time... despair, grief, determination, love and hope... She looks small in the frame. Andromeda looks alone." This is the one that I feel the most, I think.

I think that Neville's deserves a note, as well. After reading DAYD (and the sequels, such as there are)(and yes, I know you didn't wrote it, but I think you favorited it, so if I'm right you ought to be familiar with it), it's extra-meaningful. Even without DAYD, a man that had the Sorting Hat catch fire on his head, killed Nagini, and survived the year of the Carrows and still considered his greatest scars to be his parents... deserves note. Wow.

I also love the one about Fred's clock hand. Like George's picture "'there's something missing,' but that's the point," something that most people won't notice is most significant.

Honestly, I think that I like the ones about parenting and the children the most. The idea of Draco (who was shoved into this mess by who his father was, really) years later, trying to be the man he's always tried to be, but wanting to be more than that, better than that, for his child... that's touching. Although I don't have a child yet, I think every parent wants to be more than they are, better than they are, so that they are deserving of their child... and Draco is surely no different.

I don't really know how to conclude this review. I feel that it ought to have a proper tying-together, as it was so long, but... I think that these two/three sentences are all I'll do for it tonight. Good work.
Khelc-sul Renai chapter 1 . 4/22/2011
This is beautiful and heartbreaking. It's interesting seeing how people wear their scars later...

Well written. Good read.
Lusalma chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
wonderful...made me cry.
nekoyoka chapter 1 . 4/18/2011
After someone in a yahoo group of mine asked for help searching for this story, I thought I would find it and read it as well. I'm not going to say I love it, because I don't really think it appropriate to say about something so tragic, but I did think it was beautiful and something that I will probably come back and read again and again. I really love how you downplayed Harry in this story and made Draco the masterpiece instead, and including all those who were scared, even those whose scars were 'invisible.'
Q3APo chapter 1 . 4/18/2011
so sad. but at the same time its beautiful.

scars never gone
Lone-Angel-1992 chapter 1 . 4/17/2011
Worth reading...
dancingkatz chapter 1 . 4/17/2011
This was so very powerful. I could see the images as I read and I wept.
1,306 | « Prev Page 1 .. 46 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 66 .. Last Next »