Reviews for Cauterize
draven2 chapter 1 . 12/27/2010
This makes the third time I have read this story and it still leaves me with a WOW feeling,sometimes you can do more with a few line's than a whole book
DNTInProgress chapter 1 . 12/27/2010
Memorable.

The emotion came through in a blinding blast with each shot.

That is all.
lokica chapter 1 . 12/25/2010
Remarkable story. I am speechless.

Keep up the good work.
Aeolus Aether chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
Well written. I rarely read oneshots, but after seeing this on DLP's "critical list", I decided to give it a shot. This very accurately captures the aftermath of a traumatic war. I'm astonished by the detail of your work - particularly referencing the metal clock hand falling off the clock when Fred died. The description of Arthur and Molly's photograph was excellent. I have no complaints, save for that the number of physical scars on people is slightly unrealistic, but thats definitely something that can be overlooked.

Thanks for writing.
Hmseneca chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
Wow... This was absoloutly amazing. I cant even begin to describe how touching it was as well.
darkED2 chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
This is incredible
AngelHeartOfMine chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
Beautiful, just beautiful. You captured everything perfectly ) I loved it.
sumserotonin chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
Ahhhh fantastic. I love the descriptions of each photo; I almost wish they could be taken and displayed somewhere so I could see them. Really good, however, although I see the necessity, I do dislike the "bars" across the screen after every few lines.

Best,

Emily
nightlight's fire chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
Very well written, well captured. It would go well with a song about loss or something like that. There are quite a few stories about the 'scars' of the War, but I like yours the most. The title adds something to it I think. Changing it from a story of anguish to a story of healing.

After all, cauterized wounds often leave scars, right?
wandthief chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
Such beautifully and hauntingly written. The part about Draco at the end...my favorite.

stingrae90 chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
I'm...nearly speechless.

This is wonderfully written and it's very poignant.

I really can't think of anything else to say but, well done.

stingrae
Nartog chapter 1 . 12/18/2010
i could put beatiful words and great praise here but what i want to say is you touched something primal here and i thank you for the few minutes i spent realy enjoyng something in a long week perhaps more.
sue chapter 1 . 12/18/2010
I am awed by how much dignity you wrote into tragedy. You made heartbreak, heartwarming. This review isn't enough to describe how touched I am by you. Well done.
DonLyn chapter 1 . 12/18/2010
Love it
tree-of-life8 chapter 1 . 12/17/2010
This is so beautiful. I can't even put into words how much I love this piece. Personally, I never thought enough time or emotion was put into the aftermath of the war. This story had a wonderful subtleness to it. There's no fake emotion being thrown at the reader, but it emotes a gentle melancholy feeling that sort of overtakes you by surprise. I especially love the ending piece with Draco. It was surprising, but it really had impact. I love your writing and it's truly beautiful. Keep writing!
1,260 | « Prev Page 1 .. 50 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 70 .. Last Next »