Reviews for Cauterize
kikyohater920alltheway chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
Beautifully written.
Burn Note chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
Beautifull story.

Some very nice photo shots as well, my favorit is Molly and Arthur with Freds clockhand.

Also, a really good summary, which is sadly very rare.
FirePhoenix86 chapter 1 . 9/3/2011
As a fan fic reader this was beautiful.

As a Photographer, the imagery was astounding. I could imagine each image as you described it and almost wish for more...You should have done one of Denis.

I'm glad you included some people we don't really know well, like Anthony Goldstien and the Montgomery sisters. Adding them made the story work as whole and not just as a story about the scars of the characters we know well. We know those scars so it was the scars we don't expect to read about that makes the story work so well.
keana895 chapter 1 . 9/2/2011
I don't know what to say. This is a masterpiece. Beautiful.
appleP chapter 1 . 9/2/2011
I liked, it is a beautiful look on post-war Harry Potter. But your grammar is horrific.
borderfame-sabrestar chapter 1 . 9/1/2011
I think this story deserves a more long-winded review than I'd usually write.

I had to look up the word cauterize, but when I did it made a lot of sense. It has both physical and emotional connotations, which is why this story is so creative and compelling as it reveals both physical and emotional scars. It was very clever of you.

I think this story is brilliant in and brilliantly profound in that it reveals scars from characters I might not have expected, and it presents a new perspective on the healing process, which is (for the most part) overlooked in JK Rowling’s original novels.

What struck me most about this story is importance of hidden scars, of things that take a long time to heal. George Weasley’s photograph made me feel the most sympathetic, but each is moving in their own particular way and I think through looking at many different characters, you've managed to strike a chord with all readers, no matter who they are or where they're from, because everybody will experience scarring at some point in their life.

This is a wonderful story which is emotionally touching and extremely well written, and to me it shows how closure is a good way to heal old scars.

I don't know what else to say except thank you so much for a wonderful story which I will read time and time again. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 8/31/2011
This is beautiful! Absolutely stunnning! I don't know how you created something so amazing!
sarenelsoria chapter 1 . 8/30/2011
this had me in tears, it was so sweet.
tHiNg oNe-plus-ThInG tWo chapter 1 . 8/30/2011
Fabulous.
NothingPretentious chapter 1 . 8/30/2011
This is the most moving Harry Potter fanfiction I've ever read.

Though succinct, I think that is the best compliment it is possible to give. Thank you.
CanTigerucks chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
Wow, this shows how much if an impact there can be when a war is finished.

This fic is so beautiful it got me a bit misty eyed...
HypRRNeRd chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
Simply brilliant. I cry every time I read this story, always at the same place- Arthur, Molly, and Fred's photograph. The waterworks keep coming after that, yet I want to read it all over again.
merylx chapter 1 . 8/26/2011
This was beautiful- and as I am interested in photography myself it was fascinating to see how you would represent each person in the picture. Very well written, merylx
Bandly chapter 1 . 8/23/2011
I'm not sure why in the world I have not favorited this before since I have read this piece many times and every time I am simply blown away. Here is your very well deserved favorite!
Puff Pastry Breadbug chapter 1 . 8/22/2011