Reviews for Cauterize
Kate chapter 1 . 7/17/2010
I don't even read Harry Potter fiction, but this is amazing. Really, really good.
greysluver13 chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
Honestly, this was one of the most touching stories I've ever read, and not just on fanfiction.

The way you described the various forms of scars caused by the war was so extremely poignant. The loss (George, Hannah, Andromeda, the Montgomery sisters, Molly and Arthur), the emotional pain (Neville, Draco), and the physical scarring (Parvati, Padma, Lavender, Katie). Each and every story had its own beauty, its own heartache.

I can't even pinpoint a favorite part, because I love so many of them. George's really hit me hard. How the emptiness besides him represented his other half. Fred/George stories post war have always been a soft spot for me.

Andromeda's was another one that touched me. Just the two simple sentences: "She looks small in the frame. Andromeda looks alone." She lost her parents, her cousin, her husband, her sister, her daughter, and her son-in-law. It really is tragic.

But if I was forced to pick a favorite, it would have to be Draco's. This one line was so perfect: He tries to look arrogant, but there are circles under his eyes and he just looks tired and there's a shadow of shame lurking somewhere underneath."

Thank you so much for writing this.
Kame Hime chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
I thought this was genius, and the perfect tribute to Colin Creevey.

It was inspiring, and the ending with Draco was exceptional. I loved each and every one. I admire your keeping with character, with Neville and Lavender and Harry-the fact that he would appreciate his own, anonymous scar over the obvious, for example.

Also, the way you transferred from literal scarring, to scars of the mind, the heart...scars of pride and scars of regret.

It took me a second run-through to fully grasp what you meant about George's photograph, but when I did, I nearly burst into tears. It was astounding. Of COURSE he lost his ear, but the loss of his brother, that stark emptiness beside him, was the worst from the war.

I adored this, and I adore you as an author. This hit me hard, and I'm so glad I was able to find this. Thank you.
A True Weasley chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
This is such a great story! It's perfect in the way that it describes how everyone was hurt by the battle without actually having to go into great detail about it. It's fantastic. :D
bookworm19065 chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
a wonderful story.
Quil Explodes chapter 1 . 7/14/2010
This is a beautifully sad glance at the survivors. The poses and situations each person is in is perfect. I only wish you mentioned more people...
Ambiguous Rose chapter 1 . 7/14/2010
Every once in a while you read a story that makes you step back and go "wow".

I only have one word to describe this.

Wow.
addygal411 chapter 1 . 7/13/2010
First of all, let me say this was one of the best fics I've ever read on - in fact, I would consider sending it to mugglenet fanfiction, because it truly deserves to be on there.

I really admire your amazing way with words. The thing is, you craft them so beautifully together, making every sentence seem like a masterpiece. It's so good, it can almost be consider prose or poetry. I know few authors who can do this, and each one is considered amazing. I congradulate you on that.

"Lavender goes first. She was the easiest to convince; she's proud of the scars that mar her neck, shoulder, back, arm. Her wounds look new even years later; she wears them like high fashion, a beautiful lace of white and pink scars."

This was the paragraph that really caught my attention. Number one, because it really highlights Lavender's character as a Gryffindor, her true pride really showing. Number two, because it makes her and the scars seem beautiful, whereas they normally wouldn't be.

One of my problems (with the fix) was it seems a bit too segmented, and in that way, you didn't allow it to flow well. Although it flowed inside the segments, the entire piece seemed kind of… weird. My advice on this would be to try and make the segments the same length, and in that way, let the story have a beat to it. Think of it as a sentence, or a song; it has to have a clear beat in order to work.

I also found it bothering on how you switched times throughout the story. Like, at one point, we were there when Dennis was taking the photo, and another, we were at 6 months in future. It was confusing not to have a clear timeline to this piece, so I really couldn't sort what was going on. This might have added to the beat issue a little.

All-in-all, this was a wonderful fic, and I am proudly adding it to my favorites. Great job!

-Addy
Lora Perry chapter 1 . 7/12/2010
i'm honestly speechless.

and honestly getting the shivers going up and down my spine.

because this...this was beautiful. this was captivating. how much a scar could tell and how much a scar could hurt.

i find my words lacking, minuscule and nonimportant. because this piece deserves such higher praise than what i find i can give.

so i give you my praise, as small as it is, because this was amazing. and i indeed did love it, coming from the perspective of an outside, of young Dennis, and of how it did not focus on the "golden trio" but on all, all who were affected. Though, if I admit and am honest, the part with Charlie, always knowing where his brother name is, hurt the most, pained the most within my heart; though they all hurt.

and you should be proud, dear author, that you have that ability, that way with words, to bring your readers to such emotion, and to bring them to it, without the necessity of death, but with the perseverance of life.
UnKnown chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
Wow. Wow, wowowowowowow. I've read this fic before, but I was still absolutely BLOWN AWAY by the beauty of this. 333 I love the beautiful, tender descriptions, how different, how well explained. The mental images are striking without being gruesome in ANY way, and the story of it is wonderful.

This fic blows my mind, GOOD JOB!333
emigirl chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
honestly i cannot believe i have never read this before. it is, quite frankly, just heartbreakingly beautiful.

it's funny because i really don't even know what to say. i loved how you wrote out each survivor of the war's different personalities. each one is really just sad and reminds us all that war leaves both physical and mental and emotional scars.

i think all the scars that had the weasley family in it are just amazing. and it's even better that you put in those minor characters, too.

i really don't have words to describe what i feel about this article. i hope these few words manage to say something at least.
Utterly Ostentatious chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
i really liked it. you don't get to see much of this kind of work- when its small snippets of the way people felt afterward. it makes it more…i don't know simplistic, heart wrenching. Raw.
ThePandorica chapter 1 . 7/5/2010
This is simply beautiful. Really well written, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading this. Brilliant work.

*adds to favourites and author favourites*
odainath chapter 1 . 7/3/2010
This is beyond fantastic. It's absolutely beautiful. Instantly favourited.
merlinfan93 chapter 1 . 6/29/2010
Wow...I don't know how you put so much feeling into so few words

This is beautiful-although the book ends happily, none of the characters can ever forget what happened
1,229 | « Prev Page 1 .. 56 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 76 .. Last Next »