Reviews for Shadowed Lives
PaRaM0rE-0394 chapter 21 . 8/15
So, Draco's starting to question things, huh? That's good. He needs to learn to make his own opinions. I wonder what Hermione meant by saying Drwco's parentage was less than stellar. I'm definitely curious to find out. :)
PaRaM0rE-0394 chapter 19 . 7/10
Oh man. I just read through your story, and I was crying really hard for this chapter and the end of the previous one. I was crying both for Hermione, who just lost her only friend, and for Draco, who's horribly twisted view of the world is just heartbreaking and hard to read. The whole thing was a little hard to read, actually, for that reason. I think you should change the genre from Humor, really, because though it had humorous moments, I don't really get that vibe from it. Regardless, I think this is a very well-crafted story.
ElenielK chapter 18 . 2/16/2015
Too bad this is on permanent hiatus! Loved reading a quite convincing portrayal of Malfoy's beginning year. The first two, three chapters could've been a standalone. Although the very slow progress made me realize there's no way you could ever finish this story, nevertheless following around him while he's adapting to Hogwart was an interesting journey! Hope you can update from time to time...
indanthrene-gecko chapter 18 . 2/1/2015
Aww. Poor Draco. And Hermione must be devastated! I can't wait for the next update! Is Pansy going tofind out that Draco (kinda) dated another girl; a mudblood at that? Or maybe you could do a scene from Hermione's POV. :)
Sioned136 chapter 18 . 12/22/2014
Oh my goodness. This is sooo delightful. Your characterization of childhood draco is beautiful, all the uncertainty and stark realities plaguing his untested heart..., brilliant. Well done! I cant wait to read more!
Elased chapter 18 . 6/17/2014
I think I whimpered reading the end there. I think many Dramiones had turned Draco into this generic badass snarky non-Draco that they lost his character somewhere along the line, but your characterisation of him was incredible. He retains his arrogance and cowardice, but the insecure boy who wants to fit in and was told not to behind it all was adorable and heart wenching at the same time. I think this is one of the most brilliant take on Draco yet!
I love Draco's view on his first chat with Harry, Draco's quiet indignation on having no choice in his life, and last but not least, the ending of this chapter. I knew he would figure out soon, but they came out the worst moment yet, and it was doubly bad fort Hermione. I was angry with Draco until I realised his heart was breaking too, and I wish you would let them be friends after this. They deserve it.
Poor Hermione. Her house has been inconsiderate, even in the book, and doubly here. Don't worry little bookworm! You will grow into your look yet.
Guest chapter 9 . 6/16/2014
During the conversation with Professor Sprout, Draco calls himself "Draco Mayfoy."
Guest chapter 6 . 6/16/2014
I wanted to point out a minor inconsistency. Somehow, Draco finds out Neville's name, even though it's never mentioned prior to that.

"The unknown boy, who looked practically ready to cry..." and then just a little way down, "...though Neville seemed as forlorn as ever."

The first time I read this, I never noticed, but my brain picked it up this time on the re-read. Like I said, though, just minor.
Outasync chapter 18 . 6/16/2014
Oh boy, it finally happened. We all knew the moment was coming but... wow. Harsh, yet completely understandable from Drake's POV. Not sure who to feel sorrier for right now.

Fantastic chapter, great story. Already looking forward to the next update.
dianaanne chapter 18 . 6/15/2014
Uh oh.
dianaanne chapter 10 . 6/15/2014
With the way Draco's day is going, any biscuits will be stale.
boothaddict77 chapter 17 . 2/25/2013
This is bloody fantastic! Why have you abandoned it? Every time I see a fic that promises it 'could be canon' I usually just groan and close the window, but this almost lives up to that claim, even if you never made it. Please consider picking it up again.
Dramione-lovin-Slytherdork chapter 17 . 9/14/2012
I. LOVE. YOUR. STORY.
PLEASE. UPDATE. IT. SOON.
IT. IS. AWESOME.
But seriously, this is really original and I love it. Are you planning on continuing it in this story, telling it in different parts or not continuing at all? I would love to know! Keep up the good work!
blueteacups chapter 1 . 9/4/2012
Wish you would update, but still, what you've written is quite enjoyable. I agree, things were "off", but I feel this is a more upbeat, innocent take. And a Draco/Hermione story is a little "off" to begin with. Regardless, the comedic timing is great here, and it's nice seeing book 1 from another POV. Also, the prose feels a little similar to canon prose, which is a good thing in my mind. :)
MidnightReadingAddict chapter 17 . 8/22/2012
This is really cute. You should update soon... Pretty pretty please with cherries on top?