Reviews for Dagger and Rose
While Not Zero chapter 17 . 4/17
What a death toll in this story! I wonder if the DLPers had anything to do with that.

It's extremely disappointing that the story won't continue, especially since not much was resolved in this telling. I enjoyed reading it while it lasted but I don't really feel a sense of closure.

I would leave more feedback but I think my individual reviews accomplish close to the same thing as a comprehensive review. The only overarching negative I can think of is subjective: the use of present tense. I only got accustomed to it a few chapters from the end so most of the time it was distracting.

I could write more, but it probably wouldn't make sense since I've done nothing but read your story all day and my mind is tired.
While Not Zero chapter 16 . 4/17
Interesting chapter end, and a shame the story will end next chapter.
While Not Zero chapter 15 . 4/17
That Dumbledore...
While Not Zero chapter 14 . 4/17
I wish the story wasn't approaching its end. I'm enjoying it too much to want it to stop.
While Not Zero chapter 12 . 4/17
I'm surprised you would get enough negative reviews to mention on this chapter; I enjoyed it more than the last two.
While Not Zero chapter 11 . 4/17
Poor Fleur.
While Not Zero chapter 10 . 4/17
It's always a little sad when tragedies happen in fanfiction outside of what happens in the books. Rest in peace, Luna.
While Not Zero chapter 9 . 4/17
Maybe a little overdone with the cursing...
While Not Zero chapter 8 . 4/17
Another fantastic chapter. I'm not great at praise but your writing is wonderful - believable situations, consistent characterization, few cliches (and well-executed when encountered), and so on. The only criticism I have in general is that very exciting moments are often skipped over and summarized rather than experienced. I wouldn't mind the occasional chronological backtracking in order to get Harry's perspective during the ritual and similar moments.
While Not Zero chapter 7 . 4/17
Nice references at the start of the chapter, and well done as always.

Small typo: if you search for "one' " you'll find a missing s.

Rather than describing Sirius' and Remus' demeanor ("aggressive stance," "menacingly") it would be better in my opinion to describe their body language, lending less omniscience to the narration and getting readers more engaged.
While Not Zero chapter 6 . 4/17
Short complaint: magical oaths are cliche, and there are no examples of them I can remember aside from the unbreakable vow in canon.

Other than that, great as always, and what a perfect ending line.
While Not Zero chapter 5 . 4/17
Very nice - nothing to say. It's hard to tell whether Fleur's affection for her fiance is genuine.
While Not Zero chapter 4 . 4/17
Stream of consciousness review inbound...

A little melodramatic at the end, but written well enough I could handle it. I just realized Ron got imperiused in the first chapter, what with the pink glow. The scene with Fleur's fiance was really good with the veiled insults. As for complaints, avuncular and subaudially might be stretching it with regard to vocabulary.
While Not Zero chapter 3 . 4/17
Things seem to be coming to a head rather quickly... I would have liked more time spent on Harry's training (the whole "show, don't tell" thing) but as always, I enjoyed the chapter.
While Not Zero chapter 2 . 4/17
Nothing much to say here, except that your vocabulary is probably the most impressive on this site. I liked this chapter better than the first one, even though not much happened. Also, thank you for making Harry's first meeting with Fleur believable, rather than making him automatically and completely immune to her allure.

The only complaint I have is that this chapter seemed very "high society," which I don't really enjoy reading about - too much pretentiousness and guile. Still, I enjoyed the chapter.
1,372 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »