Reviews for Dagger and Rose
carelesslazy chapter 17 . 6/12
Found this fic while going through Harry/Fleur community thread at DLP, so naturally I was expecting a bit more focus on romance sad to see this is really not the case.

Other than that as it is a fairly old story I'm sure its been reviewed to death so to be brief, I find this story utterly unsatisfactory in almost every way possible other than being well written.
megacharizat chapter 2 . 5/13
actually, in that timeline, he had met Voldemord only three times, not four. the first time when he was a baby, the second time in his 1st year, and the third time in the chamber of secrets. the fourth time he met Voldemort is at the end of the trywisart tournament in the fourth book.
MSU19 chapter 15 . 4/13
So, she gets angry with him even though she has been stabbing him in the back literally the entire story... Makes sense
ironhair chapter 17 . 4/1
This was a very enjoyable and entertaining read. I would definitively like to see this universe further... Despite the character death and ministry stupidity.
Sam Hinkie chapter 13 . 4/1
Think it needs to be said that Fleur gets raped. A lot of fanfics have warnings of rape themes but end up having them be relatively minor parts of the story, normally offhand mentions of Death Eater/Voldemort rape. Here rape happens to the female protagonist and as a major plot point. Unfortunately It means I cannot bring myself to continue reading the story. I ignored renextronex’s warning but I regret it. So this is a more detailed warning. It isn’t just unnamed characters but the female protagonist, Fleur, who is raped.

This is an extremely dark story. Without considering the darkness, the idea of an Albus that considers Harry to be a mature adult and takes him on as an apprentice is very interesting and makes the first few chapters a good read. The description of magic and mechanics behind magic are plausible and are great compared to peers.

Unusual is the use of present tense, as Harry Potter is written in past tense. Personally I would change that.
IronHair chapter 1 . 3/31
Rereading, thank you
renextronex chapter 11 . 3/27
I won't question the right of any author to write whatever the hell they want. I would like to say however that a proper warning in the summary should be issued when dealing with sensitive topics such as rape and torture. The tone of the fic really made it feel like it came out of nowhere and true to be told, rape is the kind of theme I rather keep away from, I would probably not even started reading this fic had the proper warning being posted
renextronex chapter 6 . 3/27
"Look, Cedric, I'll give you my wand while we talk. And you can hold yours on me if you're still nervous. I just have a few things to say and then if you want, you never have to speak to me again.", WOW there, why would Harry still want to warn him? and why would he surrender his wand when he knows that somebody wants a go for his neck?
renextronex chapter 1 . 3/27
Is that supposed to be canon Harry? for what we are given to understand he is a rather natural figther, even if a reluctant and naive one
Marko chapter 1 . 1/8
Nice story but i have to say.. lines like:
Kid's god potential
I'v never seen a thirteen year old put so much juice into spells
They just break the emersion thats not how british talk, that is an american thing to say
You should have written harry has potential
Put so much power into spells and so on.. and the caracters are a little oc maybe gave them act and say things they would, this is a little harder if you did not read the books.. and harry catching up on aritmacy work in a summer that is poor writteing right thare, get him competent in magic by the end of the 6 or 7 year, not for the tri wizard tournament as i fear this is the direction you are going.. i dont know i have to read more of your work.
If you edit those small things you will get an A grade gir your story from me, but as it stands it is a B-
Im dont want to be mean i just want to leave an imput and help you grow as a writter
And in the end i love the first chapter cant wait to see where you take this :)
Guest chapter 12 . 12/3/2017
This story lives of drama and HP being unable to think for himself. Dunno. Sucks to be honest.
proftheories chapter 1 . 11/29/2017
It's unfortunate that though the final author's note eluded to the chance of a sequel that it appears one is not forthcoming. I for one would appreciate seeing where you take the story from here.
BigRig2.0 chapter 11 . 11/28/2017
I'm out
slasherflood chapter 17 . 11/3/2017
It was a good history, marred by some gross plot holes and a bit too much angst.
It left a bitter taste after finished, but that's better than some crappy bad written histories that abound here.
It was a decent read, original and we'll thought, but left many things open, there is so much space for a sequel. The control runes thing over Fleur disgusted me like few reads could, well done there, left an impression.

Thanks.
jessicamalfoy13 chapter 17 . 10/19/2017
please please do a sequel! I’d love to see how harry surpass dumbledore
1,396 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »