Reviews for Hiding
hotforteacher3 chapter 12 . 3/5
Aaaaawwwwww! More please! Can't wait!
RobotDreamz chapter 12 . 7/28/2014
This is wonderful, I love the story and how you've been pacing this :)
huangjj chapter 12 . 7/28/2014
This fic is delightful. Being the 'Firefly' verse, though, I'm kind of expecting something awful to happen at any moment... but I hope it doesn't! Heh.
Samantha chapter 12 . 6/12/2014
Ok...so I am lousy at updating my stories so I can sympathize; however, I must chime in with a plea to continue. I am new to the Firefly fandom (but not new to fan-fictions). I really like your writing style and this story has me hooked. I definitely want to see more of what you are writing.
EagleJarl chapter 10 . 4/21/2014
Zoe told Mal off? In front of the crew? ...that's a little tough to buy.

If this were real life I would think that River was just fixating on someone who offered comfort, but I suspect that is not the case here. Well, only one way to find out.
EagleJarl chapter 9 . 4/21/2014
Hm, this breaks my disbelief. It's too sudden - there was no sign of romantic thoughts before this aside from one moment of "huh, nice tight pants" which was promptly rejected as inappropriate. To go from that to smooching on the bridge doesn't feel right.

Also, Mal is going to lose his excrement when he sees this. :)
EagleJarl chapter 5 . 4/21/2014
River clinging to Jayne in front of everyone?

Oh yeah, this is gonna go great. :) Poor Jayne.
EagleJarl chapter 4 . 4/21/2014
Have you read Dyce's stories? This reminds me a lot of them. Different approach, but similar. Then again, I suppose there's only so many reasons why River would start liking Jayne.

The scene with her coming up out of Jayne's bunk and him right on the edge of panic - that was fun.
EagleJarl chapter 3 . 4/21/2014
You should put a line break after your authors notes - it gets confusing when they flow into the story. The HTML code is [hr /] except with angle brackets. But hopefully you're using a visual editor that will do it for you.

Its sweet the way these two are interacting. I like the "it weren't right to make little girls cry" bit - I always like seeing Jayne portrayed as a somewha decent guy instead of just "big, dumb, violent, treacherous" which is most of what Joss had time to do with him.

And I laughed at the last bit. Poor Jayne - getting his machismo threatened by being nice to a girl!
EagleJarl chapter 1 . 4/21/2014
A good start. I like how you enumerated all the parts of the ship and gave reasons why they were no good. Had it just been "hm, I need somewhere to go...I know! Jayne's bunk!" it would have felt way too forced.

The first few paragraphs were a bit tell-not-show, but the rest was good. I'm off to the next chapter.
Gotta Dance 88 chapter 12 . 4/14/2014
I understand about not wanting to write smut. I have...problem of reading it, but not wanting to write it. It just feels awkward to me. Is that kinda what you felt?
Anyhoo, fantastic chapter, and as always I look forward to seeing what happens next :)
Gotta Dance 88 chapter 11 . 4/14/2014
I am so happy with this portrayal of River and Jayne. You have no idea :)
Cazza799 chapter 12 . 4/13/2014
Somehow I missed chapter 11 going up. I don't think my alerts are working properly. Anyway it meant I got to read two chapters at once which was possibly even better. I'm so glad you are back writing this. You continue to develop their relationship in a beautiful, gentle way and it's just lovely. I for one don't miss the smut. It didn't need it and I don't really think it would have fitted with the tone of the chapter. It was just fabulous the way it was.
Nvrmore chapter 12 . 4/12/2014
Well done. I am enjoying this story. And I, for one, appreciate a lack of smut. So thank you!

But you are doing a great job. I like the progression of things and I like Jayne getting to be something a little more than a hired gun.
brankel1 chapter 12 . 4/12/2014