Reviews for DID you
Gimlifan8 chapter 1 . 11/4/2013
This is absolutely incredible. Mesmerizing! Wow. I loved it.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/4/2013
This is absolutely incredible. Mesmerizing! Wow.
God of LoL chapter 1 . 2/29/2012
Interesting theory on Dante's character. It seems that you either have 'done your homework' or that you study psychology. Or you are a creepy fanatic! The story is great! Period.
zenbon zakura chapter 1 . 6/28/2011
supposidly nero is suppose to be vergils son or something but thats imposible and i dont thing that nero is vergil either perhaps like the angelos that there is somehow a bigger fragment of vergil in nero through his arm but if nero is vergil it would be like... WTF O.o so hmmm intersting take on the personalities of dante though i can totaly see that in DMC3 his atitudes did seem sot have some discrepencies but as for the memory sharing hmmm

and yes as for lady i can totally agree that she can't be human if she can hold her own with dante and trish esp after recieving that stab wound in dmc 3 and not to mention being directly within the blast radius of her missle launcher when we get to witness her acrobatic battle scene oh and the g forces when dante caught and stopped her in mid fall should of killed her if not tore her leg off
IsaacSapphire chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
F-ing A. You've seriously got some great insights into the characters here. I really like how you get everything to work together so well. I like it so well that I'm going to run off with the whole "Lady is a part-demon" theory and play some with it :D Still have my own theory about Nero, but this is a compelling one too. Thanks for the great read.
Belladonna-Isabella chapter 1 . 4/13/2008
This was a nice and interesting read. There is nothing more I can say that the other reviewers haven't already said.

When I was playing DMC4 I couldn't help but feel that there was no way that Nero was not connected to Vergil. I kept expecting for someone to make the revelation (in the game) but it never came.

Anyway, well done on this!I really liked it and it got me thinking
LadyTigerFuyuko chapter 1 . 3/31/2008
Absolutely freaking amazing. Really, kudos. I love the job you've done with Tony/Dante as two personae in one body, because they are. I love how you took it further and asked, 'What if he didn't fully recover in the novel? What if it wasn't a snap, poof, now I'm Dante thing?' Absolutely great work, and the detail/research you put into it obviously takes it up to the next level.

And agreed on the points about Lady and Beryl as being very similar character types, and about how human hunters work in DMC canon. Or how not human Lady is, and Dante/Tony's realization of this in their 'sharing'. Your Vergil is Nero makes sense, too, although I tend to refute the general idea that they are the same , just because there didn't seem to be much cause for it. Reading this makes it makes more sense, and I'm definitely going back to look at my idea that Nero is a symbolic avatar of sorts for Sparda, given his interactions with Kyrie and a few personal traits. It's really good to see a work in the DMC section that has thought in it, and thought over canon and plot holes at that. I've never tried to explore the Tony/Dante dynamic, because I honestly never thought much more of it than perhaps Tony is a mask he can wear if he needs it, but this intrigues me. The Lady/Mary thing caught me, because I kinda think she has some DID going on, at the very least, and I was more interested in this because I'm working on her possible integration in a piece of mine, though it will certainly not be as epic as this.

Ah, sheesh, long review. Sorry. Really, this was great, and I am definitely going to re-read it, just to see what other points you brought up that make my brain tick.
Eric Draven201 chapter 1 . 3/25/2008
love it! Very insightful that Tony is a portion of Dante's personality. I had wished that i had thought of this avenue when i did my resesarch paper.
yamimagic chapter 1 . 3/25/2008
As someone diagnosed with a lesser form of DID, it's interesting to read your thoughts here. Your pieces are always very thought provoking, but this one leads me to new levels of contemplation.

Apologies for the rather... vague review; I'm still trying to gather my thoughts. Lovely piece regardless. I quite enjoyed it. The tangents that Tony goes off onto particularly strike me as interesting because while the voice is still Tony, it's obvious that he's not the SAME Tony as he was before.

And I would have never noticed that the sword was Force Edge had you not mentioned in Seas in Incarnadine. Point being: I agree, there's nothing besides one picture to suggest that Dante's using his father's (incomplete) sword.
Lady Luce chapter 1 . 3/25/2008
This was a very interesting fic, almost more so for the note at the bottom :) I never really thought of Dante's mood swings this way - or hadn't had the time to go through the idea in detail. It does make a lot of sense even the bit about DMC4 and Nero. It is very obvious that Vergil is there in DMC4. I completely agree with the thing about Beryl in the novels too, and that Lady is very similar. I always thought that. Also in the concepts of Lady for DMC3 she has an anti-tank rifle and not a bazooka XD