Reviews for The Other Patronus
Mothwing chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
Beautifully done. Thanks for writing this!
Iva1201 chapter 1 . 12/8/2009
I am not sure this rapid change of Patroni (or is it Patronuses by JKR? I never remember) would be possible, but it's your fic - so why not after all? (-:
OSuzanne chapter 1 . 7/31/2008
Beautiful story. It tore at my heart. I wish I could offer some suggestions, but I have nothing to criticize. You did a fantastic job with both Snape and Lucius. I hope you will consider continuing this in some fashion.
wigglesfunk chapter 1 . 7/13/2008
Very well written. I've always wondered how those two would react to one another after he killed Dumbledore. Good take on that! Love the words that they exchanged.
suee chapter 1 . 7/2/2008

Please write a sequel!

Chemistress chapter 1 . 5/6/2008
Wow, great, wonderful!

You contemplate about a scene, that kind of keeps me awake at night *g* - when Snape returns as new Headmaster and has to face Minerva without giving anything away ...

It is very convincing what you do with it - I love it!
Kurissyma san Tybalt chapter 1 . 4/17/2008
Aww, that's so sad! *Huggles Minerva* You ought write a sequel, wherein 'the other patronus' returns- and Snape is not dead, of course
LinZE chapter 1 . 3/26/2008
Oh - I love this!

I'm totally fasinated by the relationship between MM and SS especially at this point in the books.

thanks for sharing!

MarinaB chapter 1 . 3/25/2008
Beautiful! I really loved your story and I hope you'll write more SS/MM, even if it's not a sequel.

Captain Evermind chapter 1 . 3/25/2008
Wo! Now this, I LIKE! This is very nice, very well paced... and canon compliant! Which isn't the easiest thing to achieve with this particular ship!

I loved Lucius' response. *Snicker!* So priceless. And I loved the way you built up Severus' emotional response through various little details. The one that got me most was "She was no longer wearing emerald". Very nicely and subtly done.

And an absolute killer of a last line. Poor Severus... *Ouch*

Hoping you write more SS/MM soon!

Headmistress X chapter 1 . 3/25/2008
This is fine, fine work. You've packed volumes of emotion into one tight little package. It is resonant.

Do you want a serious criticism? Here it is:

And for a single, fleeting moment, her eyes flashed with something other than anger or hurt or hatred; flashed with something he thought he would never see in the head of Gryffindor’s eyes. Fear.

That sentence is your icepick-in-the-heart. However, it is muddied by the use of the epithet, "...head of Gryffindor's eyes." I know that you want to remind us that Minerva is the head of the House known primarily for courage, but the words themselves are awkward and require a second reading to make sense. If you want to sharpen your icepick, you might change it to read, "...Minerva McGonagall's eyes."

I'm sure, with your gift, you could find another way to remind us of the connection between Minerva, Gryffindor and courage.
mmadjane chapter 1 . 3/25/2008
Love it. Wish I had more helpful comments, but that's truly all I can think of. Absolutely love it.

Andromakhe chapter 1 . 3/25/2008
How very sad. I still support this ship, and I love to think of Snape's Patronus as a cat. :) Certainly would have made the canon more interesting to have Snape in such a dilemma, to have to work with someone he secretly loved but had to betray. As if that last year weren't tiring enough as it was.

Oh, and I liked the interaction in the beginning with Lucius. It's clear there's still some affection between them, even though both of them need to look out for themselves.
LisaT chapter 1 . 3/25/2008
Oh, I like. Can you totally ignore SS's fate at the end of DH and pursue this further? You are absolutely right about fandom needing more SS/MM. T'is a much neglected pairing.
Ianis chapter 1 . 3/25/2008
Ohmygod, this is SO nice! *sobs* I'm a huge S/M shipper, and I just love how this complies with canon! It's so beautifully writen, very in-character and touching!