Reviews for A Bad Debt Won't Wait
Ember Belli chapter 3 . 4/5/2014
I love your wording in this project- very advanced, which makes it easier to picture in my mind. This is a good read! Kudos to you!
Ember Belli chapter 1 . 4/5/2014
"Batshit crazy evangelist!" LOVE IT! I laughed so hard.

And Holy Soup! Excellent!

I shall continue.
spearofhope chapter 10 . 6/24/2010
AND THEN ABOUT A DECADE LATER, ALL OF THEM DIED.

T.T

Initially, the premise for this story seems simple, yet interesting. Your characterization of all three main characters, particularly Vincent, were immediately recognizable as Perfect. As the story went on, I was thrilled to see the inner workings and politics in the real world of the Cult, long hinted at by the expanded Silent Hill media, was brought to center stage, and it was clear you paid great attention to detail regarding the Victims, probably using Translated memories, specifically the Sullivan victims. More importantly, the interactions of the characters were inexplicably enjoyable, with resounding emotions, and I sometimes laughed aloud, other times I was truly saddened. But the constant reminder of their fates, the tragic deaths of the characters, all wrong and stupid and broken at the ends of their worthless lives, I just can't wish...

Can't you write them a happy ending?

they just deserve it. Maybe Vincent the Chauvinist that plays with heather's emotions, or Claudia the God-fetus eating bitch, or Sullivan the man that killed Nineteen People and tried to kill Henry and Eileen, of the Games deserved to die. But the characters you are making don't.

My only problem with this story? You called Toby Archbolt 'Tony Archibald' in one of the earlier chapters. That's it. Maybe you were referring to someone else? Seriously, that's the only thing in that entire fic I picked up on.

Write more, I'd love to see what happens.
catcomeback chapter 7 . 1/3/2010
Oh my gosh! I read chapters 1-7 of this fic on another site, more than a year ago, and I absolutely loved it. Imagine my surprise when I stumbled upon it here - with more chapters! *shameless fan girl squee* This is one of the best Silent Hill ANYTHINGS I've read, and certainly among the best Vincent fics. I adore his/your snarky sense of humor. I'm going to go read the last three chapters now, but first, a tip of my hat to you!
Crissy chapter 10 . 10/10/2009
Great story so far, I've been following it since last year.

Can't wait till the chapter comes out! :)
Johnny chapter 10 . 7/26/2009
This was really fantastic! It's been hard finding a good Silent Hill fic, and this made the ceaseless hunt totally worth it.

Vincent's characterization was spot on and entertaining, while Claudia pulled at my heart strings.

I think Chapter 7 was the best written; the descriptions were so eloquent and beautiful that I really lost myself in the story.

Also, great job with the Elders of the Order. Their antiquated way of speaking never came off as cheesy, which is a testament to your skill.

You also did a great job with Vincent's reasons for not leaving the Order, partly because he couldn't, and partly because he could still do good from within the Church.

Overall, it was amazing. Can't wait to read your other works.
Shrike176 chapter 10 . 7/18/2009
Looks like things are getting interesting for Vincent and Claudia on this trip. Look forward to seeing what Claudia makes of this whole thing once she's a little closer to consciousness.

Not sure where you're headed at this point, but I can't wait to find out.

Keep up the good work!
Arktos chapter 9 . 6/23/2009
This is a fairly good fic, much better than I'd anticipated it would be. The summary didn't seem very promising, I'm afraid. '

But, after reading your Vincent/Claudia oneshot that seemed to nail Vincent's personality and voice almost perfectly, I thought I had to give this a gander. And I'm glad I did, because despite a few flaws this really was an interesting idea for a story.

Now, I won't get into the chronological stuff, since you mentioned in the first chapter that you would have to disregard some things in order to make the story work. I'm fine with that, although you might want to file this under 'Alternate Universe' if it changes much more in the future. But, with Vincent...I'd make it a mission to more closely study him the next time you play the game, or when you look up cutscenes on Youtube. You've almost got him down, but there are occasional moments where he does deviate substantially in voice from what I'd expect from Vincent. Not all of these are bad, in fact I rather like your take on an admittedly complex and hard to discern character in terms of motivations and behaviour. You add dimension to him, making him neither good nor bad ultimately, and I think that idea alone is faithful enough to the character that it carries the story. He's just so much fun to watch!

Anyways, enough rambling on my part. This seems good, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with next.
Shrike176 chapter 9 . 6/17/2009
Good chapter, glad your still writing.

I enjoy the fact that Vincent, despite his upbringing, is still able to look at situations like this and say "what the HELL is wrong with you people?"

Curious to see Claudia's reaction to what Vincent has done once she actually wakes up and starts talking.

Hope the next update comes sooner.
snarryvader81 chapter 9 . 5/25/2009
This is my favorite Silent Hill story. Seriously, I love it.

Oh, and just out of curiousity, is it going to be a Vincent/Claudia?
Devilred chapter 8 . 12/5/2008
I like that you built up the characters since their childhood relationships with each other.
cosettebird chapter 8 . 11/19/2008
Wow, I love this. Vincent is absolutely spot-on, and the "Oedipus Sullivan" line made me giggle.
snarryvader81 chapter 8 . 11/9/2008
Wow ... usually I don't read these kinds of things, but this is amazing. You seriously need to continue.
Bluegoat chapter 8 . 10/29/2008
Ha, I'm so glad you continued! That was dramatic and funny. I loved that part about "poor claudia. Everyone thought she was just mad. Little did they know she was both mad and psychic." Hilarious. The negotiation at the end was well-written also.
Shrike176 chapter 8 . 10/27/2008
Good chapter, glad to have you back. Hope the next chapter takes less time to come out, especially if you have more lying around.

Great work, keep it up!