Reviews for Rifts: Foundations
nasmac17 chapter 7 . 5/15/2014
Awesome story, ine if the better oned i have read. The plot us good the characters are fleshed out well. Some light critisim for you. When Chip wad uoset by the death of the d bees but later seemed stand offish if d bees later tjst seemed weird. Was he having an internal conflict? Why would he care abiut dbee babies he didnt like them? Maybe i missed somethung
Also can Dale not sense the cs spies via their auro? Just some thoughts the story had me i hope there is mire and i can see ypu going pro .
Guest chapter 7 . 11/11/2013
Captivating, addictive and Ingenius
Nexxess chapter 6 . 2/21/2010
So far I've read all six installments of the "Foundation" series of short stories. Having played the rifts RPG myself some of the exposition is redundant, but as far as a set of stories that educate the reader about the genre and some of the more conceptual parts of the game the foundation series does an excellent job.

I noticed very little in the way of grammar and/or spelling errors. From other academic standpoints (and as previously mentioned) the stories include brief discussions of some concepts of depth, such as the d-bee village that had supposedly been destroyed by a coalition patrol. The "lecture" that Doc gave to Chip was insightful and even felt as if it were meant for an anthropology classroom.

If there are any flaws to this fanfic it is that it's a bit slow. The flip side is that it somewhat reminds me of the opening novel in a series. It has been anything so dramatic as the "flight from the enemy in darkness" so prevelant in adventure novels (Tolkein, David Eddings, Robert Jordan, Terry Brooks, etc.) but it does have a feel of being the beginning of something larger that those series has.

Another nice point is the subplots of the individual characters. The mystical order that Dale belongs too, Ashton secretly a member of the CS, etc. This shows a maturity and depth to your writing often seen in professional writing.

Overall I must say that this is exceptional work and I look forward to further installments. As mentioned in brief the writing approaches a professional level of writing and even surpasses in some ways published works I have managed to dig my way through.

Nexxess
shadow117 chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
Great story so far! I hope that youll continue it!
Bobboky chapter 6 . 4/17/2009
excellent work
Bobboky chapter 5 . 5/14/2008
good
Mojo Arrogance chapter 1 . 5/3/2008
Thoroughly enjoyed the read, likeable characters and great use of dialogue. Look forward to future updates.
Bobboky chapter 4 . 4/8/2008
nice, very nice... though i was expecting a mutant or D-Bee rather than a Juicer and Borg, maybe one but not both

good style, i look forward to more
Bobboky chapter 3 . 3/31/2008
nice, now you just need someone from the far west and you are set
Bobboky chapter 2 . 3/30/2008
nice
FoxPaw chapter 1 . 3/26/2008
Interesting beginning. I'm looking forward to seeing where you go with this. I wonder what Dale is up too. I bet I can guess, though. ;) I won't say it here, however. Hee.
Bobboky chapter 1 . 3/25/2008