Reviews for Life Doesn't Work That Way
SilverDawn1313 chapter 9 . 10/29
Well frick
SilverDawn1313 chapter 6 . 10/29
Oh my, Poor darling. I've a panic attack before, frick man, your writing is really great. i don't think I can stress that enough. 3
SilverDawn1313 chapter 5 . 10/29
Your writing is amazing! 3
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo i neeed a happy ending!
altreayoon chapter 18 . 7/30
Oh my god. I cried tears at that ending. It was so sad! Really loved the fic and how it was so realistically placed but all the while they were on their last two dates I was hoping Edgeworth would just teLL HIM FOR HEAVEN'S SAKES that he was leaving and I think it wouldve been better way to leave than a fake death note ;-; This makes JFA all the more sad with Phoenix being just like "don't say his name" and I ashdjxjauxxhs but a seriously well done fic. Kudos.
AsikIkisa chapter 18 . 6/19
I am not an alive human being after reading this.

This story is really brilliant and serves as a nice interlude between rise of the ashes and jfa. You have Edgeworth's conflict more detailed and it hurts in a good way, and just the way you describe them both realizing they are in love, and how Edgeworth just needs someone, and that someone is Phoenix... that was very nice.

I also like that you used actual german sentences in this fic.

I think also that this fic is one of the importantest fics in this fandom, so thank you for writing it and not deleting it after all these years.

Sorry for leaving a comment on old fics but I just wanted to let you know that this story is really awesome.
Lillyanna333 chapter 18 . 2/9
I know it's almost 7 years later but... I need to write it.
Thank you for your story. It was the greatest adventure and I'm glad I read this piece. Although I'm sad and a little hollow inside. I'm sucker for happy endings but I can't say that this one was bad one. Know that - it's heart wrenching and I need to move with my life, and I'm not happy with it.
enasalin chapter 18 . 2/4
jk this was an amazing read from the beginning to the end. It's probably one of my favorite AA fics right now, to be honest.
Gemini-Victoria chapter 5 . 4/26/2014
As a Canadian I must cry OBJECTION! (sorry couldn't resist :)) to Phoenix's hockey comment. I mean, we're not that bad...
Emi chapter 18 . 4/11/2014
This ended perfectly. This whole story was just amazing. I really loved it :
LaPlacesDemon chapter 18 . 3/2/2014
im reading this six years after its been published and its gorgeous. just... no oh my god
PiKairiDreaM00n chapter 18 . 1/5/2014
I know the events wouldn't change but I REALLY hoped. D: Poor Phoenix. Lots of feels... I don't really know what to say.
Lady Monochromic chapter 18 . 12/29/2013
I can hardly believe how utterly amazing this fic is. Definitely my favourite and I wish I had found it sooner rather five years later! It's heartbreakingly beautiful: thanks to your descriptions and absolute portrayal of Phoenix and Miles. What I loved was the integration of the other games and just the general hindsight I had when reading. So I really understood the implicit things.

I loved the whole plot and I feared at the beginning because of the lengthy fic it would be mediocre, but how I loved reading it. There were the moments, especially with Miles, where I wanted to scream myself. You executed such raw and realistic emotion it was purely a great read. Not only that but the sweet, tender and teasing moments between the two was brilliant.
tastewithouttalent chapter 1 . 12/20/2013
Wow. This fic is amazing. I got linked to this by recommendation of a friend who said "I have one Ace Attorney fic for you, and after you read this you'll never need to read another." She was entirely right. Your fic is gorgeous and heartbreaking and beautiful, and I have accepted it fully into my heart as canon. Thank you thank you thank you, especially for making me cry :)
solsere chapter 18 . 12/12/2013
Wow, probably one of my favorite PW fics out there. Even though the ending was so tragic/tied back to canon, you've got one of the best Miles and Phoenix' characterizations I've ever read! Sometimes I feel that fanfic authors make Phoenix into too much of a lazy idiot or with exaggerated lack of vocabulary/knowledge/intellect, while elevating Miles too much in the opposite direction. You've found an amazing balance here and you've even made Larry believable as Phoenix and Miles' friend! I just adore the dynamics here, Miles' heavy internal conflicts, and how you easily showed how much Phoenix really has to offer as a person, and how Miles is actually able to see and appreciate those traits. I hope one day you can pick up in the fandom again - maybe write a sequel of sorts. After Dual Destinies came out, we have hints about their continued contact in Apollo Justice, etc, so I'd really love to read more about your interpretation of how their relationship progressed. (Speaking of- I love the stuff you inserted hinting to the later games, like Phoenix and poker and his piano, and Miles' memory of Mia, etc.)