Reviews for Life Doesn't Work That Way
Lillyanna333 chapter 18 . 2/9
I know it's almost 7 years later but... I need to write it.
Thank you for your story. It was the greatest adventure and I'm glad I read this piece. Although I'm sad and a little hollow inside. I'm sucker for happy endings but I can't say that this one was bad one. Know that - it's heart wrenching and I need to move with my life, and I'm not happy with it.
enasalin chapter 18 . 2/4
woW WHAT KIND OF ENDING YOU MONSTE R-
jk this was an amazing read from the beginning to the end. It's probably one of my favorite AA fics right now, to be honest.
but still whY WOULD YOU DO THIS. MY POOR HEART ;-;
Gemini-Victoria chapter 5 . 4/26/2014
As a Canadian I must cry OBJECTION! (sorry couldn't resist :)) to Phoenix's hockey comment. I mean, we're not that bad...
Emi chapter 18 . 4/11/2014
This ended perfectly. This whole story was just amazing. I really loved it :
LaPlacesDemon chapter 18 . 3/2/2014
im reading this six years after its been published and its gorgeous. just... no oh my god
PiKairiDreaM00n chapter 18 . 1/5/2014
I know the events wouldn't change but I REALLY hoped. D: Poor Phoenix. Lots of feels... I don't really know what to say.
Lady Monochromic chapter 18 . 12/29/2013
I can hardly believe how utterly amazing this fic is. Definitely my favourite and I wish I had found it sooner rather five years later! It's heartbreakingly beautiful: thanks to your descriptions and absolute portrayal of Phoenix and Miles. What I loved was the integration of the other games and just the general hindsight I had when reading. So I really understood the implicit things.

I loved the whole plot and I feared at the beginning because of the lengthy fic it would be mediocre, but how I loved reading it. There were the moments, especially with Miles, where I wanted to scream myself. You executed such raw and realistic emotion it was purely a great read. Not only that but the sweet, tender and teasing moments between the two was brilliant.
tastewithouttalent chapter 1 . 12/20/2013
Wow. This fic is amazing. I got linked to this by recommendation of a friend who said "I have one Ace Attorney fic for you, and after you read this you'll never need to read another." She was entirely right. Your fic is gorgeous and heartbreaking and beautiful, and I have accepted it fully into my heart as canon. Thank you thank you thank you, especially for making me cry :)
solsere chapter 18 . 12/12/2013
Wow, probably one of my favorite PW fics out there. Even though the ending was so tragic/tied back to canon, you've got one of the best Miles and Phoenix' characterizations I've ever read! Sometimes I feel that fanfic authors make Phoenix into too much of a lazy idiot or with exaggerated lack of vocabulary/knowledge/intellect, while elevating Miles too much in the opposite direction. You've found an amazing balance here and you've even made Larry believable as Phoenix and Miles' friend! I just adore the dynamics here, Miles' heavy internal conflicts, and how you easily showed how much Phoenix really has to offer as a person, and how Miles is actually able to see and appreciate those traits. I hope one day you can pick up in the fandom again - maybe write a sequel of sorts. After Dual Destinies came out, we have hints about their continued contact in Apollo Justice, etc, so I'd really love to read more about your interpretation of how their relationship progressed. (Speaking of- I love the stuff you inserted hinting to the later games, like Phoenix and poker and his piano, and Miles' memory of Mia, etc.)
Yuriell chapter 8 . 7/31/2013
I'm sorry to interrupt again xD I just can't stop reading
But the German is nagging me a bit...
I'll just correct it for you here if that's okay (please don't hate me!)
Correct it's "Ich habe dein Hefeweizen, mein Herr." but you'd much rather say "Hier is Ihr Bier, (mein Herr.)"
And it's "Wenn ich etwas sage, hörst du auf zu fragen?"
And in the last chapter when Franziska talked about coffee "Ich mag meinen Kaffee ohne Zucker, du Dummkopf! Ohne!"
...I'll go on reading now, thanks for writing such an awesome fanfiction -
Yuriell chapter 7 . 7/31/2013
Hey there!
I just wanted to tell you that your fic is great and I'm really enjoying reading it, good job!
But at the point where Franziska answers the phone she should rather say "Was ist los?" that means 'what's up?' or what you wanted to say 'what is it?' but they way you translated it doesn't work in German if you're answering a phone call.
Anyways, I love your story very much!
Cravat of Doom chapter 18 . 8/19/2012
I read this to pass the time on a long road trip. Such a story! I was so engrossed in it the whole time that I ignored all other conversation in the car. The ending was sad and painful but perfect. And it fits so neatly into the canon.
Now my heart aches for a follow up when Miles returns, but I suppose I'll just have to use my imagination ;)

Great job!
Guest chapter 17 . 8/16/2012
That was the most heartwarming yet sad thing ever. I can't explain the ceelings this story left in me, are a great writer indeed.
Kuraberry chapter 18 . 10/28/2011
*_* This was a freaking amazing story! You got me hooked from the beginning and I enjoyed every moment! Heck I was reading 'till 8 in the morning!

Thanks for such a wicked read!

-Kura
llirium chapter 18 . 10/13/2011
This is truly a wonderful story. The characterizations were great, if a little more American in style and speech. It really spoke to me and made me finally think once and for all that this ship wasn't too out of character for canon.

The bits of German and authentic-sounding laws on paper lent a very serious air to what's essentially a more 'it could happen, maybe' version of law in the future.

Thank you for writing this story, and thank the guys on tvtropes for making it sound so compelling, too. ;)