Reviews for Repetitions
pauline97 chapter 1 . 6/23/2014
Great story, very interesting. I think it fits.
queenD chapter 1 . 11/8/2013
I like it, but poor Ce Nedra has just inflated Belgaraths ego big time :)
Lasmos chapter 1 . 11/12/2012
Adorable. XD Made me laugh.
wendums chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
Interesting. thanks for sharing
Anonymous chapter 1 . 10/30/2011
That was interesting, confusing, logical, and funny at the same time. I'm impressed.
Shadowed Ember chapter 1 . 6/18/2010
I'm back! And I like the theory. A lot. One minor mistake, but it's the type that will bother me if I don't point it out. You put Eriod, and it's ErioNd. With a N. Like I said, nothing major.

(And Belgarath would completely react like that.)

Oh, one other thing I just caught while re-reading. The Nyissan's god was Issa, not Nyssa. :)

S.E.
essayarray chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
I love this idea. I think it is very creative and it makes a lot of sense. A lot of the connections are very good, such as Polgara-Mara, Belgarath-Aldur, Aldur-UL, Zedar-Torak, Durnik-Eriond. The idea that Belsambar and Belmakor were the stand ins for Polgara and Poledra before they came into the picture. Brilliant.

However, I am not sure that it would be Ce'Nedra who would notice all these things. As a child, she was not very well educated in religions because Tolnedra is a pretty secular place. The things being said also don't sound very Ce'Nedra-like. I can't determine why, but it sounds off to me. I do think it sounds very Garion, and Garion, indeed, would probably notice the connections. Because Garion thinks of things so differently from most people, as Belgarath pointed out after Garion brought the colt back to life, I think his "simplifying" way of thinking would relate the Brotherhood of Sorcerers (and company)to the gods.

And because I am strange and picky, I think that Belgarath's use of the word "Wow." is out of place, and although I'm slightly bothered by his repitition of "I'm a repetition of Aldur," it also works very well. It's kinda punny. :D

Overall, I liked the chapter very much, but it's only dialogue! I know who is speaking, but I'd like to "see" what they are doing. What's the setting, what are their tones? Does Ce'Nedra sigh and shake her head when she sees that Belgarath is letting his being Aldur go to his head, or does she roll her eyes? :]

Hope this helps.

-Sara
Georgerocksthehouse chapter 1 . 12/29/2009
Pure genius! How did I not see that myself... Oh well. As you can see I like the story!
winterkaguya chapter 1 . 5/24/2009
Wow...I like the connection, perhaps Eddings did thought of something as complex as that...but I did get lost when Ce'Nedra mentioned Aldur paralleled with who and Belgarath...yeah...got lost there! *laughs*

Nice work though...
Everyline chapter 1 . 5/17/2009
wow...THAT IS SUCH A GOOD IDEA! What an amazing idea! I love how Belgarath is the repetition of Aldur. If you think about it you can really see the resemeblance. You are amazing! :D
Religion0 chapter 1 . 8/13/2008
Huh? That was interresting... suppose it makes some sort of sense.
Arae Arca chapter 1 . 8/7/2008
Heh, nice idea. The logic all fits, too.

Apart from the twins. But they're just odd. XD
L.A.H.H chapter 1 . 7/2/2008
Love the theory! Very interesting...
Neverland Fairy chapter 1 . 6/13/2008
Very interesting theory! It would definitely fit in an Eddings world. One nitpick-I don't think Belgarath would say "wow." Maybe change your phrasing there. Other than that, you have the voices of the characters down very well :-).
Arlath's Star chapter 1 . 5/11/2008
Interesting theories, and they've certainly got my head in a twist! Well, as they say,history repeats itself... (I have this sudden urge to send this message twice, but I won't)