Reviews for For As Long As Ever Lasts
TatianaTova chapter 10 . 2/26/2014
it really getting better and better! You are incredible writer!
o chapter 10 . 2/27/2011
Well done
evcake chapter 4 . 10/17/2008
I know authors would like to here more than just "Great! More, please!" but I tend not to be critical of stories I like. And i like the Reconnecting series very much. I will simply say that I find this passage graceful, tender and moving:

Soval’s expression softened, revealing an unexpected wistfulness. “But when that mind bound to yours belongs to the one you cherish above all others, its constant presence is deeply satisfying...as vital as breathing.” His eyes seemed to focus on something far away, his face taking on a glow of contentment that Trip had never seen from him before. Then Trip realized Soval was looking into the past, seeing memories from long ago.

“You reach out with your mind upon awakening, to touch her presence in greeting,” Soval continued, his voice low and unexpectedly gentle. “You feel her mind embrace yours as you fall asleep at day’s end. And to mind-meld with your bondmate is to experience the deepest of connections. It is a profoundly intimate joining of thoughts, memories, emotions. You become two halves of one heart, one soul...”

Trip watched as Soval’s eyes slowly refocused on the present...on Enterprise’s conference room, and Trip. Those eyes were warm with reminiscence, but they also held a poignant sadness. “You’ve shared this with your wife,” Trip guessed quietly. “But she’s gone now.”

Slowly, Soval nodded. “After she died, I wished to be as far from Vulcan as possible. I was distressingly pessimistic; the High Command thought me ideal for a posting on Earth. I volunteered for service at the embassy there. I thought my assignment would last but one year...”

I found the developement of your Soval fascinating.
Alphie chapter 10 . 9/6/2008
"...as hands caressed familiar haunts long neglected."

That line is pure perfection! Seriously. And the romance between them... YUMMY! Then the parting line about letting Mal tell the Captain. HAHAHAH! This chapter was such a delight to read. MORE!

I'm going back to read the one I skipped now.
Alphie chapter 9 . 9/6/2008
Rip out my heart why don't you? Koss can NOT take her away. CAN NOT! They didn't even go that far on the show, so don't you dare do it. Gr... MORE! MUST READ MORE!
Alphie chapter 8 . 9/6/2008
“I believe I have a clearer picture now, Trip.”

HAHAHAHAHHAHA! Way to lay it on him, Trip! You know, I never did care for Mal very much on the show, but I like him here.
Alphie chapter 7 . 9/6/2008
I'm intrigued... their one night of intimacy? I take it that was the pon farr scene I read about when I made the mistake of skipping all this brilliant plot? So they were together for the pon farr and then... nothing? You have to explain that to me. I hope there is an explanation later on in the story. I'd love to read the history of Lorian and Karyn! You've taken a TnT er and changed me into a Lorian/Karyn shipper! I'll never be able to watch E2 in the same way EVER again. Ok... on to the next.
Alphie chapter 5 . 9/6/2008
There were so many things in the Enterprise series that I questioned about vulcan's - like the inability to have a child with a human and the fact that a mind meld was looked on as criminal activity of sorts. You have a great explanation here for why those beliefs were in place. On to the next!
Alphie chapter 3 . 9/6/2008
I'm back! I told you I would finish reading. I had all kinds of crazy thoughts last night about Lorian and Karyn. Please tell me that the research isn't just for TnT so they can have a child but for L and K, too!

And your opening description of Soong was PRICELESS. Isaac Asminov indeed.
Alphie chapter 2 . 9/5/2008
I love this chapter's title! HAHAHHA! I just adore how Trip and T'Pol have been able to accept Lorian as THEIR son, and how trip explains it to Soval.

Ok... so I've been here reading for a good hour or so and I find I MUST pull myself away so that I can get to bed. But I promise that I will finish your series because you've turned Lorian and Karyn into my new favorite couple out there! And I noticed that you ahve a rating change note in a future story... so i can't WAIT to get to that!
Alphie chapter 1 . 9/5/2008
O-o

I had totally missed the fact that Lorian would have gone through pon farr out there in the expanse. Your suggestion that Karyn helped him though is an interesting one. If you ever write out the situation in more detail, I would certainly read it.

But again, I feel like I have missed something. I'm reading the fic in the order that they are numbered... but is there something else I have overlooked?
Joytheia chapter 10 . 6/6/2008
all i can say is... aw!
Ladyhawke Legend chapter 10 . 6/6/2008
Oh that was lovely! What can I say? The whole chapter was wonderful. I loved the byplay between Trip and T'Pol and that they can now finally be together. Great writing; you have a true gift with words. I hope there will be more stories to come. I'm so glad this one ended well, but I'm kind of sad that it's ended too. Thanks for fixing things the series messed up! :)
tripwatcher2 chapter 10 . 6/2/2008
"I'm not telling him. You tell him. We'll get Malcolm to do it." How funny! Great ending to a great story!
bina W chapter 10 . 6/2/2008
I liked ur story. Keep em comin. How about writing a romance between Chakotay and Janeway from Voyager?

Bina