Reviews for AU: Face
killing u with umbrellas chapter 7 . 5/16/2011
loved it
The Soul of the Yeti chapter 7 . 4/28/2011
...This is amazing. One of the best Matt and Mello fanfics I've read, especially regarding plot and character development... and trust me, I've read an unhealthy amount of fanfics involving Matt and Mello (especially Matt... Matt is amazing) (the other fanfic I really took a shine to being one called 'That Time' which was just really funny and cheery.)

But anyway, can't wait to read the rest. I love Matt's little speech about just wanting to play games and smoke cigarettes! It'd make a great monologue for stage! I'll stop complimenting you anonymously now... (after like half a year I still haven't gathered the motivation to actually make an account here... I really should)

Can't wait to read on! GREAT WRITING.
Italiangurlinamessedupworld chapter 1 . 3/10/2010
Adding to favorites. Very good.

Now... I'm going to finish the sequel to this one.

Keep writing,

Italy
Italiangurlinamessedupworld chapter 3 . 3/10/2010
Before I read the next chapter, funny thing...I was eating Sweethearts, the new kind that actually has flavors, and I picked up a green one that said "Miss You"...

Is that irony or what?
Mello18 chapter 7 . 10/16/2009
I think the whole stroy was really good. I love it. nice work.
Coollizard chapter 1 . 9/20/2009
Wow! I'm totally hooked. Your writing is excellent, and the story itself is engaging. Also, unlike many other fics, you've given believable explanations for why certain characters are still alive. I can't wait to read more!
cy-grl chapter 7 . 8/23/2009
This is amazing work! I really hope to read more of your stories, you write the characters so well. And the setting, the dialogues...

You should really keep on writing, you definately have amazing talent!

Very kind cheers,

Mari
jrenee07 chapter 7 . 7/11/2009
If I could sum up this fic in one word, it would be: stunning.

I could go on and on about everything I liked about it, but I will limit myself to the important points.

This is the most realistic AU for Death Note that I have read so far. I appreciate how you've written this in first person, since getting into Mello's head is not the easiest thing to do. :) Additionally, the progression of the story as the plot unfolds is smooth and logical, and the pacing is just right, picking up just when Mello is certain Matt is alive.

My favorite scenes: the original goodbye; their reunion (in a public restroom-heh); Matt's assessment of Mello, which is spot on; these two lines: "Okay,new development, Matt holds the gun, and Mello gets his ass in the car, _right now_." He pointed the firearm at me with cocky pride, a triumphant grin across his face; the whole time in the club, really; and the very last line.

I'm off to read the sequel. I can't wait to see what happens.

Going in my favorites.
Seiren Sekito chapter 7 . 6/22/2009
This story had me on the edge of my seat since the scene where Mello was being chased down through the streets.

And...it's a plausible idea, that Mello would be sent to jail if he had survived. With all of that you mentioned in the first chapter, yeah.

Even though L was in here, I liked it, and I'm going to move on to the sequel, now.
The Purpelle Starburst chapter 2 . 6/8/2009
Wow, this is really well-written and intersting.

Good job! :D
Free of Mundane Thoughts chapter 7 . 3/8/2009
Waah, I loved it! Matty and Mells are the best, though it's sad to think of Mello in prison... *sniffsniff* I'll read the sequel tomorrow, after sleep (some, possiblymaybe XD) or at least time away from the computer (more accurate)... MattxMello is an amazing pairing and I love all the hinting and everything and how sweet and adorable and cute Matty is and how reasonable and upset and reserved Mello is, and how L and Near slightly play into it and how it seems not to end at the end which is exciting and made me happy and this is a really really long run-on sentence that wasn't meant to happen but accidentally did when I forgot to put punctuation in and it's going to end abruptly because it shouldn't have been allowed to be this long in the first place-
Omega19x chapter 1 . 11/2/2008
Thank you so much for including the references in the manga. It's really helpful!
Kupo chapter 7 . 9/23/2008
I'm so excited for reading the sequel, I might not be able to give you a proper review, but here goes...

Okay, so mostly my opinions on all the chapters are similar. So I'm just going to give you an overall opinion. Hope that's okay...

For one thing, as I mentioned before, I really love how you developed Mello's character. It was interesting watching his thought process get closer and closer to what it was by the end of the Death Note series. At the beginning, I found it to be diluted and concentrated (which was a nice after-prison effect). The second you first wrote him taking a bite out of a chocolate bar, he switched into a more Mello-y mode. Then, by the end, he was total DEEP Mello, with your elaboration on his inferiority complex and his actual feelings. It was GREAT.

Another thing I want to say, although I don't know what you can do with this comment, is that I REALLY got into the text. I was laughing, glaring, smiling and sneering along with every change in emotion Mello went through. Also, though this could just be me being a freak, I was so into your descriptions I sometimes made sound effects to go along with the story, or talked back to what Mello was saying ;

Also, I loved how you varied your sentences D. This is the one thing that bugs me about stories now-a-days, is when people start sentences with characters names, or have the same sentence length throughout.

That being said, there were a few things I noticed that you possibly could improve upon...However, they were small and insignificant, so I'm just going to (try) to list them rather than elaborate.

1. Be wary of Matt's character sometimes. I didn't feel like I got very much depth from Matt on this one...(Which, granted, is hard due to his nature.)

2. At the beginning, Mello was "monolouging" a lot. It sometimes was a little boring to read.

3. Sometimes when you were describing things happening really fast, I got confused. Like, its cool if your like "OMGWTFJUSTHAPPENED?" at first, but then be careful to give a clear explanation of what happened...Usually I had a good grasp of what was going on, but others might, and I didn't all the time.

AND THATS IT (it took me a while to find things that you could work on with this one XDD). Thank you for another fabulous story
Kupo chapter 3 . 9/23/2008
Okay, okay. I was going to go through this without ranting and reviewing everything, then just give you a big mamajama one at the end, but NOO. My lovely, lazy strategy doesn't work for you ;;

What can I say that I already haven't said?

I guess what really stood out for me in this story was your writing. Your writing is fabulous. I really love the phrases you use, and how you managed to stay in Mello's voice. Mello's voice is REALLY HARD. For me at least...

What I mean by "liking the phrases" is that you used a lot of original ways of putting things that I have not heard before. So much of this is just so...quotable. Like, your saying REALLY good life lessons and philosophies, but saying them from Mello's point of view. Its amazing.

That's all fine and dandy, but I just gotta say, what made me NEED to review this chapter in particular was the last little bit. I'm on the brink of tears at how sweet and perfect it was. Its such a...buddy buddy moment. But then you made them KISS.

One of the biggest problems I have with Matt and Mello's relationship is what I think it is. I think they would be good as "really good friends" or as "best friends/loves", but I was never really sure which side I was on. I think this little scene kinda summed up my overall opinion on what their relationship should be like, so I loved it.

Anyway, I just wanted to get that out there in case I forgot. Ima go read the rest of it now :D
Living in a fantasy chapter 7 . 9/5/2008
Very well written. I've had this saved to my email for a while now, and I find myself wondering why I waited so long to read it. Excellent job. I liked that there are REASONS for things. Mello and Matt didn't survive just to survive, it was explained. Mello wasn't just let go easily, he actually had consequences for what he did. And the story is written in a way that you don't know exactly what's going on, but makes you want to find out. Loved it
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »