Reviews for First Dates
MarshallOC9 chapter 3 . 4/28/2009
another chapter would be great. it just keeps getting better.
Nyah chapter 3 . 4/7/2009
OK so I commented on out of characterness in part one but these other two parts had some really excellent characterization at different points.

“She is of breeding age and he is able to produce healthy children. Their genetic material is compatible. There is no logical reason they should not mate. She should put out for him.”

This is possibly the greatest Cameron line I have ever encountered.

There was still some out of character-ness. Mostly, Sarah and dErek were just rather talky about personal subjects. BUT I really thoroughly enjoyed this. It was funny and sweet. I loved their talk about dates, loved their paranoia- LOVED that they hid a rifle in the windmill. Hysterical.
Nyah chapter 1 . 4/7/2009
OK so everyone's rather out of character (well, except Cameron) and usually that drives me to insanity but I found this really amusing. And I did love Derek's discussion of his sperm donation encounters. Nice work I'll be checking out the rest.
fairedust chapter 3 . 3/12/2009
I just re-read this story again. I really would like you to find some way to continue along this story line. I too think Derek & Sarah compliment each other beautifully. Kyle was for when Sarah was an innocent soft girl. Were he in the here & now she would chew him up. Derek is much more in tune with Sarah as a woman, as the soldier she has made herself into. Derek is strong enough to survive Sarah. You were right in your discription of how well they complament (not compliment) each other. Again, please continue. I am impatiently waiting.
pringle.sam chapter 3 . 2/15/2009
Please! second date :D
fairedust chapter 3 . 1/19/2009
That was great! I'd like to see these two together alot more. Do it again, do it again.
thelemicrosicrucian chapter 1 . 11/2/2008
This is the funniest story I have ever read on ! To hear Derek speak of being a literal sperm donor, wanting to date a Japanese girl, and then to dissolve seconds later into conversations about snatch... I couldn't help but laugh my butt off! You've done good work!
Hidden Relevance chapter 3 . 9/22/2008
Ok I'm officially throwing in my vote for a second date!

Once again, your characterizations of this series were spot on.. you're definitely my fave in this fandom so far!
wes1393 chapter 3 . 8/24/2008
The line: "He was more than willing to slay dragons for her but he expected her to at least provide cover fire for him" has to be my favorite out all three chapters. Thanks for sharing!
musing11 chapter 3 . 8/18/2008
I really enjoyed it, excellent character development :)
dakota423 chapter 3 . 4/16/2008
I like it! Write another chapter!
Chris St Thomas chapter 3 . 4/6/2008
i like the way you added on to derek's characterization. i think its consistent with the show but you also extend it in a good way. your points about sarah and derek complementing eachother and kyle hanging between them are well taken and creatively expressed as well.
KellethMetheus chapter 3 . 4/3/2008
I just finished reading your story and I loved it. I only hope my own Sarah/Derek story comes out as well. I can't seem to figure out how to end mine or the other stories that I have started.

I hope you keep writing.

Kelli
darkelf1313 chapter 3 . 3/31/2008
2nd DATE! 2nd DATE! Pwease?
BenRG chapter 3 . 3/31/2008
Sarah and Derek have lived a sad life but there are bright moments somewhere along the line. Meanwhile, I am convinced that Cameron was programmed with a sense of aesthetics and /that/ is why she is enjoying tormenting Morris. The things she does to help John keep in with his school friends! ;-)

Once again, it is the subtle characterisations that make this story worth the reading. That and writing a SCC romance that /isn't/ either John/Cameron (wrong in so many ways) or Sarah/Cameron (WTF?).

BenRG's Rating: 7/10