Reviews for Growing Pains
aswf chapter 1 . 8/18
I'm not even really in this fandom but WOW. I'm still in awe. This is a truly amazing, profound and elegant piece. There is a lot in here, despite the clean writing style and elegant structure. I learned quite a lot reading this, both about the writing craft and about life, i think! The amount of editing you might have went through on this must be phenomenal. I agree fully with your critique of Ochanomizu. It's truly a lovely piece. Pain, loss, healing, triumph, understanding, hope and happiness. I did not want this story to end - and im not even really in the fandom! Everyone felt very real and natural in here, fantastic characterisation. Your dialogue is fanatastic as well - not a wasted word, and everyone sounds different, and i loved it when Tenma so precisely debated Ochanomizu into realising his own shortcomings. I think it must take a lot of maturity and depth (both intellectual and emotional) to write such a wonderful piece, and i congratulate you on that. Thanks so much for sharing! Take care, and i hope to see more writing from you! :)
Luna Lillyth chapter 1 . 8/15
Great story! Also about the butt guns and how to refill them, I already knew before I read this. 8
carolinesinn chapter 1 . 1/22
Omgg this story is AMAZINGGG!
Best. Story. Ever! I love it!
zachanikwano chapter 1 . 9/2/2015
Amazing work! :3
Nahelo chapter 1 . 5/29/2015
I REALLY loved this story, but I'm left wondering, Is Atom's face going to change as he grows?
majishan chapter 1 . 3/18/2015
now i totally need to see how it'll be in a few years...
Rubiks977 chapter 1 . 10/27/2013
i freaking love this, one of the best astro fics that i love
Spyden chapter 1 . 3/26/2013
Clearly the best Astro Boy fanfiction on the site. You've taken the 2003 anime and extended it, giving Dr. Tenma a satisfying resolution.

There isn't much more to say. Read this story to find out why this fanfic hardly needs an introduction.
moviegal99 chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
That was awesome! I loved it :) I love Tenma, he's my favourite character and I liked the way you made the relationship between Atom and Tenma gradualy grow. it was sweet to read.
zara2148 chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
I loved the therapist. You win forever at life by making her Harley Quinn.

ALso, I loved how you've nailed Tenma here. Snarky yet fatherly, with a dash of crazy and conniving. Made for a very entertaining read.
jakprime chapter 1 . 1/28/2012
This story DEFINITELY deserves a LONG and well deserved review.

First of all, I found Astro (or Atom, I'll just call him Atom) visiting his father very sweet and something Atom would definitely do. He wouldn't just forget about his father after he forgave him, what's the point of that? I also like the beginning, where you explained Tenma's failures with his son, 3 times. Gives the story a good beginning.

I also liked the Atom-sneaking-behind-Ochanomizu's-big-nose-to-talk-to-Tenma plan. It gives Atom more sense of rebellion and human characteristics.

...Did Tenma just owned Ochanomizu? Because that would be so F-ing funny! _ I actually had a Fangirl Breakdown when Atom called Tenma his father... I'm still having the Fangirl Breakdown! _

Another thing I liked, Tenma's thoughts about his therapist, gives a sense of comic relief. Who the heck would put that therapist to Tenma? And I also like the little bit of information about Tobio's mother, great job on that! D

If I had a picture that has Atom sleeping in Tenma's arms, I would go ecstatic and die and go to heaven... It would be awesome!

I was greatly surprised when you put in that thing were Tenma was kidnapped and almost forced to make another robot with Kokoro. But the scene where Tenma and Atom was walking and talking nearly made me cry and have ANOTHER Fangirl breakdown (my parents are already concern one my FIRST one!)

Atlas is so funny in this story! He's so awesome! I think that's all I can say before I explode from awesomeness!

I just about DIED from laughter when Tenma almost needed to explain the Birds, the Bees, and Robots _! And also when they tried to figure out the whole Aunt and Uncle and Brother and Sister thing... Lol!

But what I found the MOST impressive is when you came up with that whole concept of Atom having the chance to grow up like the rest of his friends. Dude, that need's some standing ovation! *Stands and starts clapping* That part where Tenma also said that Ochanomizu had to deal with the sorrow of Atom growing up was also AWESOME!

And now, my final part of my review, the story itself was amazing and greatly in character. I am TOTALLY putting it into favorites! Peace!

-crAzY jAkY D
aworldofmyimagination chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
I loved your story, thank you for posting it!
Star Kirkland-Jones chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
This is the third time I've read this story. I just love it that much. :) Right more like it soon.
BerryCoffeeCake chapter 1 . 6/9/2011
This was excellent. The best thing I've read all month. No joke! The way you painted the characters was wonderful, and I almost shed a tear when Tenma was lecturing Ochainomizu about throwing Atom at all his problems. I had never even thought of that before..it's so..TRUE.