Reviews for Growing Pains
Rubiks977 chapter 1 . 10/27/2013
i freaking love this, one of the best astro fics that i love
Spyden chapter 1 . 3/26/2013
Clearly the best Astro Boy fanfiction on the site. You've taken the 2003 anime and extended it, giving Dr. Tenma a satisfying resolution.

There isn't much more to say. Read this story to find out why this fanfic hardly needs an introduction.
moviegal99 chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
That was awesome! I loved it :) I love Tenma, he's my favourite character and I liked the way you made the relationship between Atom and Tenma gradualy grow. it was sweet to read.
zara2148 chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
I loved the therapist. You win forever at life by making her Harley Quinn.

ALso, I loved how you've nailed Tenma here. Snarky yet fatherly, with a dash of crazy and conniving. Made for a very entertaining read.
crazy jaky chapter 1 . 1/28/2012
This story DEFINITELY deserves a LONG and well deserved review.

First of all, I found Astro (or Atom, I'll just call him Atom) visiting his father very sweet and something Atom would definitely do. He wouldn't just forget about his father after he forgave him, what's the point of that? I also like the beginning, where you explained Tenma's failures with his son, 3 times. Gives the story a good beginning.

I also liked the Atom-sneaking-behind-Ochanomizu's-big-nose-to-talk-to-Tenma plan. It gives Atom more sense of rebellion and human characteristics.

...Did Tenma just owned Ochanomizu? Because that would be so F-ing funny! _ I actually had a Fangirl Breakdown when Atom called Tenma his father... I'm still having the Fangirl Breakdown! _

Another thing I liked, Tenma's thoughts about his therapist, gives a sense of comic relief. Who the heck would put that therapist to Tenma? And I also like the little bit of information about Tobio's mother, great job on that! D

If I had a picture that has Atom sleeping in Tenma's arms, I would go ecstatic and die and go to heaven... It would be awesome!

I was greatly surprised when you put in that thing were Tenma was kidnapped and almost forced to make another robot with Kokoro. But the scene where Tenma and Atom was walking and talking nearly made me cry and have ANOTHER Fangirl breakdown (my parents are already concern one my FIRST one!)

Atlas is so funny in this story! He's so awesome! I think that's all I can say before I explode from awesomeness!

I just about DIED from laughter when Tenma almost needed to explain the Birds, the Bees, and Robots _! And also when they tried to figure out the whole Aunt and Uncle and Brother and Sister thing... Lol!

But what I found the MOST impressive is when you came up with that whole concept of Atom having the chance to grow up like the rest of his friends. Dude, that need's some standing ovation! *Stands and starts clapping* That part where Tenma also said that Ochanomizu had to deal with the sorrow of Atom growing up was also AWESOME!

And now, my final part of my review, the story itself was amazing and greatly in character. I am TOTALLY putting it into favorites! Peace!

-crAzY jAkY D
aworldofmyimagination chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
I loved your story, thank you for posting it!
Star Kirkland-Jones chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
This is the third time I've read this story. I just love it that much. :) Right more like it soon.
BerryCoffeeCake chapter 1 . 6/9/2011
This was excellent. The best thing I've read all month. No joke! The way you painted the characters was wonderful, and I almost shed a tear when Tenma was lecturing Ochainomizu about throwing Atom at all his problems. I had never even thought of that before..it's so..TRUE.
ghostATR chapter 1 . 6/9/2011
This quite arguably one of the best fan fictions that I have seen in the Astro Boy fan fiction section here on this site. Thanks for taking the time to write this, this fic is truly a masterpiece. You did give me some ideas for inspiration on what I am currently working on, and again thank you.
Xaipa chapter 1 . 10/27/2010
This should be canon. Amazing story. Atom and Tenma's relationship couldn't be reconciliated any other way.

I was never a fan of Ochanomizu myself (but I don't hate him either), so I can sympathize with Tenma's opnion of him. But Uran, well, I kind of like her a lot (which is strange since I normally hate distaff counterparts/female versions of characters) but I can understand your point of view in Ochoanomizu's responsibility as her father. And Atlas was as awesome as his canon self, of course.

At this point, it's rather unnecessary to say that the stars of this fic, Atom and Tenma, where both brilliant. At first I felt taht Atom was a little too mature, but then, after rewatching the very first episode and comparing it with any ep after the Atlas introductory storyline, I noticed that Atom's naivety is seriously toned down. I mean, look at him when is learning how to play Robot Ball in the second ep and then in the Pluto episodes. It's so subtle, but he matures a lot, and this fic captures his growth and the small remains of his child like nature perfectly. As for Tenma, after failing so many times, it's only natural for him to finally learn from his mistakes.

Anyway, I'm really sorry, but I'm not in the mood to write a coherent and thoughtful review like you and this fic deserves, so I'll just repeat the compliment: this and you are amazing.
AprilSeven chapter 1 . 5/17/2010
I've read this a number of times, and am just so impressed with how thoughtful and creative it is. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your vision with the rest of us who love Atom and want the story to go on and grow in new directions. Found the link on the Astro Boy Online forum - hope you can join the forum soon! Thanks and keep up the good work!
xSapphireLightsx chapter 1 . 2/17/2010
When I first read this I hadn't seen much on the 2003 anime. About a week later and on episode 26 (Yesh Astro crazy right now lol) I decided to wanted read this again...and now knowing more about the show, I love this story even more! XD

Firstly, I like how you called them to their original Japanese names than the English version, especially when Astro said Otousan for Father, really made it aw moment you know?

Next, you've written each character (from what i've seen on the anime version) true to who they were, it didn't feel at all like you were using them as puppets to do whatever you choose (seen this too many times with authors) but rather what the character might say and do.

The storyline itself is awesome, it's great how you've done it with Father and Son meeting up every week, then the bit where Temna was kidnapped and with other things going on in Astro's life, you uexplained what happened without going into too much detail and leading astray. So the informations there but it's not boringly long.

The ending too I enjoyed. It wasn't corny or over the top just perfect! I adore that you wrote Astro being able to grow up and Temna stating it to Ochanomizu (that line he said just rules) makes the ending all more sweeter

The "get there as humanly as possible" joke cracked me up lol along with Tenma worrying about having to tell Astro about the birds, bees and the robots, that just put a crazy thought in my head and i couldn't stop giggling!

Tenma: You see Ast..Atom, when two humans love each other very much...

Atom: Y-Yeah?...

Tenma:...Robotically speaking, they exchange circuits and 9 months later out pops a robot.

Atom: Wow, so that's how humans are made!

Tenma: So you understand?

Atom: (nod nod) Mhmm! I never thought humans having organ transplants to save their life also created a human in the process too! That is SO cool!

Tenma:...(buries his face in his hands) damn you Ochanomizu!

...I blame you for that joke, lol.

Another thing I liked was how Astro was shy and nervious in the beginning to meet his Father and then towards the end he would hug him before he left, so sweet! T.T

Everything that each character spoke about was interesting, no needless or silly questions it all worked! Even that Tuesday question, i like that XD

When Astro asked about the boots and shorts, it made sense that he would and Tenma answer's to that was done very well. Just the question remains why Astro didn't wear clothes more often lol

Oh and that butt machine gun bit in there made me laugh just as much as when i saw it in the movie lol. Though it's not in the new anime (from what i've seen) it's good you included it. It did make me wonder why Tenma installed that weapon, and i'm too scared to ask where the original re-fuelling port was so lets leave it at that lol!

That Therapist, though she's not in a proper scene more than written from Tenma's thoughts, she was awesome. Happy pills lol.

I think that's about everything, other than, Astro would eat stuff to grow right? o.o what does he eat? a metal burger with bolts and screws for toppings? I'm curious lol.

I've really had an great time reading this! You are an awesome writer and i wish more people did pieces like this on Astro boy because there's simply not enough. 3 thank you for writing something really awesome, YOU RULE!

Lisa
Ranjay chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
OMG...this was the best Atomu story, EVER!

I loved how you slowly built up Tenma and Atom's relationship, and how you brought Atlas into it, too.

It's just... too...beautiful!

*Weeps with joy at your feet*
GrilledCheeseOreos chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
i loved it. freakin' awesome!
Katty008 chapter 1 . 10/27/2009
Woah! I was reading this and thinking it was really good, and then I looked at the author and I'm like "It's that person who writes really good Magic Kaito stuff!" Woah. Awesome.