Reviews for Thin Ice of a New Day
Aaleiyah JoRayne Hunter chapter 1 . 1/26/2010
LOL.

I love this story so far. I live in North Dakota and I know how the weather can be. Yesterday, we were forced inside 'cause of a blizzard. And I can understand why Dean hates snow.

Good job!

As Always,

A.J.H.
Lovetoread89 chapter 3 . 1/4/2010
Haha, do you know I would never have noticed the Magically Reappearing Luggage if you hadn't pointed it out. It would make one spectacular pitch for the airlines.

I'm feeling Dean's hatred for the snow here, we've got a rare covering of the stuff over here and I'm freezing my nubs off while I type this, so forgive any mistakes!

Uh oh, I sense a rough time ahead for poor Dean! Loved this chapter, can't wait to read more!
Lovetoread89 chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
Ooh I loved this opening chapter, so pleased I stumbled upon this gem! The reflection on the 'jus in bello' stuff was great, especially this:

At first Sam had been torn. He’d even been tempted to listen to Ruby, to let her kill the young virgin if it meant saving the rest… saving Dean. But Dean’s voice had penetrated his confusion and showed him that they couldn’t start ignoring their own humanity for the sake of winning. Like Dean said, if that’s how you win a war, he didn’t want to win. If that happened – if they allowed it to happen - they’d already lost.

Love how Dean helped Sam to rediscover his morals. Of course I do love any time where Sam decides to listen to Dean over Ruby, but nevermind lol!

Oh and I'm especially enjoying the bits of Hurt!Dean, they are most delicious! Right off I go to read the rest, poor boys walking through the blizzard.
marinawings chapter 6 . 10/31/2009
this is a fabulous story! i love it! you do a really great job with the characters. dean is so totally his charming, snarky, tough-guy self, and sam is so very sam. i love the drama, the twisty-turny plot, the suspense, the brother moments. fantastic!
Supernoodle chapter 6 . 2/7/2009
I really enjoyed that story - just the right amount of hurt Dean and yeah, Bela totally deserved to be left out in the snow.

Good one!

Going to read some more of your fics now cuz I really like the way you write the brotherly love. x
JackFan2 chapter 4 . 6/2/2008
Hmm.. I feel suspicious of Kara.. poor girl, just her presence, seemingly innocent and sweet, illicits suspicion and doubt. Ah well, such is the life of SPN female characters :D

Oh, but I really enjoyed napping Dean and a napping, non-hungry Dean too, AND the napping-wouldn't-wakeup-Dean was FANTastic!

I'm really intrigued with this sleep demon and how this will all shake out.

Enjoying it completely!
JackFan2 chapter 3 . 6/2/2008
Just wanted to say, I'm so glad I found this fic! PA Davis mentioned you in one of her fics, and here I am!

Simply wonderful writing; love the season3 characterizations of the boys, the angst *hugs Dean* and the premise. Given the finale, it's been really hard (for me) to delve back into a fic written in Season 3, with the Deal looming and all. Just.. I must've bawled for hours after the finale and now we're stuck in summer-hiatus-hell to await what happens to Dean next. *sigh* Sucks outloud. I'm beginning to think Kripke's possessed. I think I'll send him a letter, with one word: CHRISTO!

Anway, I'm a fan of your writing now! Seriously. THis is brilliant work. It's clean and well thought out and executed and the hurt/Dean, being a junky of hurt/Dean, is marvellous!

Looking forward to more!
parisindy chapter 6 . 4/6/2008
more please
friendly chapter 6 . 4/5/2008
just had a chance to read this.. nice job...
K Hanna Korossy chapter 6 . 4/4/2008
Very enjoyable! Cool way to stumble into a hunt, and you depicted Dean's health issues very realistically. It was good to see Sam being gentle, too, after his hardcore act in Bello. Great idea for MotW, and for how they deal with it. Especially loved Sam's duck and roll with Dean and exorcism. Loved the image there. I liked it a lot, thank you!
JennK528 chapter 6 . 4/2/2008
I finally finished this! Nice wrap-up - but poor Sam. He doesn't have good luck when it comes to girls, does it? Very nice Dean h/c moments, which I can always appreciate...*g*

Well done!
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 6 . 4/1/2008
AWW thank Sue for the great message you sent, lol and nickname Fi, haven't heard that in years, its really nice thank you hun!

AWW but where do i start on this chappy eh...OMG!

ID KISS YOU!...but thats kind of wrong so i'll settle for a sacrifice to my favourate god and a sam and dean offering and bowing to you eh

x

AW WOW and the way you used-"slippery ice they’d found themselves sliding across for the last year had suddenly become a whole lot thinner"

to match the title, very catchy and effective and very clever hun x

I LOVED IT!

ya know i swear you get better all the time...but you get better in huge leaps every time, its AMAZING

and this chapter wrapped everything up, made me smile at Bela's predicament and laugh lol

hahaha she got her just deserves! haha lol

nice way to turn the tables hun !

and great using Kara like that as the girl being possessed...OMG i loved it

genious hun!

AMAZING, your super talented brain and fingers deserve an award x

I LOVED IT!

thanks for the hard work hun xxlove ya Sue x
thevigilante15 chapter 6 . 4/1/2008
Great story! Bella got what she deserved:) I don't like her character either!
Agent Five chapter 6 . 4/1/2008
Nice way to wrap it up. The stand-off with the demon was perfect. Dean's bravado and Sammy's brain. Love it!

Knew the Kara chick was involved! And it's a lovely touch to have Dean see the newspaper article but decide to keep it from Sam. Just matches their characters completely.

Kudos for the just desserts you've served Bela here. The irony is cold - but it suits the weather!

(P.S. This isn't the arena for discussing Ms Talbot but - yeah - your dislike did come through! Funny how over here in Blighty, the general reaction is favorable. Wonder why ... lol xx)
DeanBean chapter 6 . 4/1/2008
That was a great final chapter and an overall great story!

Kudos :D

Keep up the good work :D

Deanbean