Reviews for The World is Moving and I'm Standing Still
a walk on the w i l d side chapter 1 . 3/15/2012
That is amazing, it really is. The writing is so beautiful, and it's like gorgeous poetry. I've had this story on alert for something like a year now, and I have finally read it. I'm thrilled I did- it was simply stunning.

I personally like the present tense, but I may be somewhat biased, having written many pieces in it. I think it works, although having it just for the italic parts would have worked as well.

I cannot critique this, it was gorgeous. A little confusing, but wonderful nonetheless.

I loved it.
BakerStreetIsLastRefugeOfHope chapter 1 . 6/17/2011
A great story. Very well written.
miaokuancha chapter 1 . 2/17/2011
wow, that is quite the impressionist/cubist painting of the saga. very well done!
am3liapond chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
I was incredibly, incredibly confused, but that doesn't mean I didn't love it. You managed to capture Edward in a way I've never seen before. It was a perfect reminder of why I even bother with sifting through all the 'Edward was beautiful and Bella loved him. The were happy. Nessie loved Jake and they got married. They were happy.' fanfics. Thank you, for renewing my faith in the Twilight saga. It was lovely.
ShadedRogue chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
I can't even begin to start describing what I liked about this piece, the entire thing was just completely beautiful. I loved your use of mythology and music. I'm not a Twilight fan at all, but the way you wrote this allowed me forget about everything I hate about the series, and enjoy this truly wonderful piece of work. I also really like the life-before-Bella, I thought it was far more interesting than their relationship ever was.
echoing noise chapter 1 . 8/15/2010
This is... a dance, I think. A beautiful dance that spins you around and lifts you up, with all sorts of dips and turns in between. And when it ends, you're back on the ground again but it doesn't feel that way.

I'll say this: I don't like twilight. But this is... this is wondeful, and just gorgeous. I am really impressed.

-Paige
Balsam chapter 1 . 7/8/2010
I get the overall effect of reading pages torn from Edward's diary. I REALLY liked the way you dealt with Edward-before-Bella, especially in his relationships with the other women. I didn't like the present tense, though. It's incredible tough to make it work and in this case, I think it was unnecessary. I think it would have read better had you confined the present tense to the italicized parts. (Note: that's one opinions. Plenty of people love present tense. I'm just not one of 'em.) Overall, I'd say it's a solid piece. Good work.
Relala chapter 1 . 3/5/2010
I usually click into a story with my mouse ready to copy things, waiting for the moment when I find just the right combination of words to make the perfect quote. Every story has at least one line that's good and can be commented upon, even if the rest of the story is a mess. I'm afraid I can't quote anything from this story, however, as it would be a bad idea to post the whole story back at you (and this little box doesn't hold that many words anyway.)

In the second scene where Edward's mother teaches her little boy the middle C note on the piano and he's so marvelled by it that he loses himself in the simple note. ("God no longer speaks with mortal men but Edward isn't a man and he's just seen the light.") I felt my wearies of all things in this Fandom slacken its grip just a little, letting me fall into the story with the eyes of a hopeful fan and not a critic seeking out flaws. Little would I know that by the end of this story I would once again have hope for the Twilight universe.

Your writing flows like a river, pulling at your heartstrings with the talent mostly reserved for poets. It's a web of romantic entanglements, emotional rollercoastering, and you really pulled it off. This story is powerful, beautiful, entertaining, enthralling, and above all else simple yet clever.

Anyway, to wrap this little FanGirl review up: "he World is Moving and I'm Standing Still" is quite superbly written, has wonderful characterizations, mentions classical mythology enough to make me love the author, and everyone should totally add this to your favourites list if they're someone who read the Twilight series and thought it needed some work. Honestly, this story puts the atrocity of those books to shame, which is sad because you kind of have to understand how pathetic the books were in order to understand how amazing this story truly is.
Luna Rapunzel chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
Elegantly done! I love that you've spanned Edward's entire lifetime in so few words and still said so much about him (and that his characterization in this goes beyond the context of his relationship with Bella).
Wendy Brune chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
Wow. This was absolutely breath-taking. I love the way you worked in all the piano motifs and the Greek references. You characterize Edward so well. There's so much angst in this piece, but it's not melodramatic.

I also really like your take on Edward's romantic past and transgressions. In particular, I like the idea that he was involved with Rosalie. It adds a whole new dimension to her character and better explains why she doesn't like Bella. (It sometimes seems odd in the books, to me at least.)

And of course, your tone/writing is like poetry. You combine words together so well.

Beautiful piece. I'd like to add this story to a special C2, so expect a PM from me soon! )
Il'Diko chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
beautifull, I don't have words to describe this... SO well written and so thoughtfull. Amazing characterisation, you write Edawrd (too) brilliantly! I just LOVE it! Thanks for this masterpiece...

Diko
thewasofshall chapter 1 . 5/10/2009
This is beautifully written. I love how you weave the italicized part throughout (even if it doesn't make sense until the very end) and I just love the flow of the whole piece. It's like the jagged thoughts and incoherent sentences fit perfectly in with the story you've told. I really have no concrete idea of what's going on in this piece as a whole but it's so intriguing and definitely draws me in.
awertvegtr chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
Oh. My. God.

This was beautiful. Truly, truly beautiful. Words can't even begin to describe it.

It's like-like-like... a piece of music. The final, the coda, is wonderful - Lazarus, come forth. It is like the final, resounding chord at the end of Chopin's Fantaise-Impromptu.

Do I sound too much like a music freak here?

Oh. Wow.

This is a beautiful, wonderful one-shot. It shows Edward's deepest thoughts.

One question, though - why did Bella have red eyes? Red eyes, as in, she was finally like him, or red eyes as in she had been crying?

The 'Three figures cluster at the top of the stairs' fragment describes Bella's changing, doesn't it?

And...what did that 'As far as anyone knows' mean? I mean, I know it means that Bella has an immortal life...and no-one knows that she's immortal. Is that it?

Anyway, an absolutely stunning story, probabely the very best one-shot I've read - I'm not kidding.

Like I said, this is a beautiful piece of writing.

Quin
Lise Steiner chapter 1 . 11/13/2008
That was amazing. You're such a great writer. I'm ashamed of my own words right now, they don't say a little bit about how great this is. Congratulations.
Wotcher-Tonks chapter 1 . 11/11/2008