Reviews for When a Grim Reaper Calls
Helixical chapter 5 . 8/19
This isn't how reapers work in Dead Like Me. They don't make decisions. They follow The Rules. They can bend the rules, yeah, but they can't break them. They don't decide them. They're the unpaid interns of a concept.

Jack would get bent over and fucked if he really tried to negotiate with Death.
tonygestaple chapter 5 . 6/21/2016
One of the most amusing stories I've read for a good while! Well written and very entertaining. Good Work!
ukdramafan chapter 5 . 1/29/2015
This was awesome...absolutely brilliant! I love Dead Like Me, and this cross over is perfectly imagined. Rube was perfectly in character, and I can picture Jack lusting after Mason. Jack's damaged coat and the fear of Ianto's response - which was fulfilled - was just the icing on the cake.
Thank you so much for posting.
Jeff Riley Snow chapter 5 . 1/12/2015
This was a good crossover. I never thought what would happen if the Dead Like Me crew met Jack Harkness, the man who couldn't die. You did a great job. Thanks.
SoulWeaver Balinia chapter 1 . 3/9/2014
Of course Jack's Ford Prefect. It makes perfect sense.
dreameralways chapter 5 . 8/20/2013
Interesting concept and well written, but a lot of errors regarding the DLM side. The Reapers have no control or say over the gravelings. I also don't understand why they would even get a post-it for Jack since he isn't really dying (i.e. soul moving on) (except for entertainment value of course). Given modern medical advancements there are a lot of people whose hearts stop and are successfully revived. It wouldn't make says for the Reapers to get a post-it for each of those. I also felt Rube and Mason were out of character, but creative license and all that.
I really do think it was well written though. It flowed well and it was easy to visualize what you were writing. I hope that you take this as a critique and not a flame because that is how it was meant. The story was humorous and I thank you for writing it.
Lady Emma Wentworth chapter 5 . 5/15/2013
I love this story! 'Dead Like Me' was one of my favourite shows and you've melded it with Torchwood brilliantly! Regardless of how great the entire story is, my absolute favourite bit has to be the last five paragraphs - that's hysterical! Ianto's a hoot! Jack's goose is cooked!
black59 chapter 5 . 10/17/2012
LOL!
but I wish that were true!
Huitt1989 chapter 5 . 7/20/2010
i cried the last chapter is hillarious i got to say this story is fantastic.
supernumerary sam chapter 5 . 7/13/2010
I love this story. It's hilarious! My favorite part is the quip about Jack driving while on the phone with Ianto. My only suggestion might be to make the sentences a little more concise. They're not confusing at all, but it might make the story flow a little better. Keep writing! I love it!
stranger12 chapter 5 . 1/21/2010
Oh, this was funny!

Rube's absence in the movie, which I watched yesterday, is unfortunate, so this fic really pulled my spirits up. And Mason. Mason, Mason, Mason, as George put it. He's just funny, and when Jack makes a pass at him, I can just see him freaking out and babbling, and tugging Rube's sleeve, it's so him it makes it all the more hilarious.

And this story makes all the sense in the world. After all, Jack can't die, and if Cardiff based Reapers are anything like Mason, then they must have a pretty tough time with J. Harkness and his many encounters with Gravelings.

The ending was the best, so dirty and naughty and so, Haha, joke's on you, Jack! Ianto sure is funny to read, especially when he's being stoic and yet so very, very bad. LOL

Sadly, there are too few Dead Like Me crossovers, however this one is by far the best I've read so far, and I don't think its place will easily be taken away.
Eva Drayon chapter 3 . 8/12/2009
And now I really, really want bacon. Loving this.
Eva Drayon chapter 1 . 8/12/2009
Reading this, I was just expecting a Dead Like Me/Torchwood crossover. But I got plenty of H2G2 as well, and that, my friend, is excellence.
Elini chapter 5 . 8/7/2009
*clap* *clap*

This was brilliant! Thanks for the great read :)
Turtle Kid the Woolgatherer chapter 5 . 8/3/2009
This was really fun. I'm glad that everything ended so well.