Reviews for Sandcastle
Starshine chapter 1 . 11/25/2009
A beautiful story, so simple and yet very touching. Thanks for sharing!
Deniece chapter 1 . 11/24/2009
I loved every piece of it. Funny, heartwarming and... did I say funny. Every single aspect of Mustang's obsessive planning was hilarious, especially because the whole thing was seen from his point of view. 'Of course you build a bigger castle with a proper shovel' or 'serves them right for destroying my castle'
PunkPrincess316 chapter 1 . 5/8/2008
Cute story, can't immagine Roy making a sandcastle though. Oh and reffering to your comment on my poem, I know what mirth means, when I said it i ment like Reza was drowning in the memories of all the good times she and Roy had together. Thanks for reviewing though.
Pwyll chapter 1 . 4/18/2008
That was really good. I loved how Roy built his sandcastle all prim and proper and how he actually planned everything out a day in advance- very Royish.

I know this was supposed to be about your father, so character choice was important to you, but it is hard for me to see Roy in that situation, even if he is funny in it. I just can't see him working with kids like that. Hughes, maybe, but not really Roy.

The story was good, though, and it still works great because you added in a lot of Roy's normal behavior/ideals. love what he thinks about the sunbathing women in the beginning.
Red's 21st chapter 1 . 3/28/2008
This is brilliant! I really enjoyed it! Funnily enough, when I spent the weak at a beach building a different colossal sandcastle each day was exactly what I did too. Fun to read and beautifully written!
rizahawkeye28 chapter 1 . 3/28/2008
nice are FUN!but hard.I'd also like to point out hat your father could not have been married longer than Roy's been alive since the story takes place in the early 1900s(1914 i think)and Roy has been alive longer than your father.
Anne Packrat chapter 1 . 3/28/2008
Now THIS is a good example of how to turn something from your own life into a fanfic. Many of the other writers put up on this site what they call fanfiction, but what is obviously just stories of their own life with names of the cast slapped on without rhyme or reason.
Kizu-89 chapter 1 . 3/27/2008
That is good story. I think that is just how mustang could behave...My father is engineer too, and he makes me and my siblings go red sometimes... Heh, maybe it is that engineers are like that, litle manipulative and playfull. But i want thank you for this pretty story!