Reviews for Who is Gene Hunt
theHuntgoeson chapter 3 . 8/19/2010
I only just came across this story, although I see that you posted the first part back in 2008. How well you anticipated what Gene's role would turn out to be, well done. I especially love the idea of Molly being allowed to say farewell to Alex in the Railway Arms, a way of giving her comfort and closure to sustain her during the years ahead - but I wish we knew what was written on that folded piece of paper!
sash queen of the jungle chapter 3 . 5/23/2010
Yet another good conclusion.
Deweynumbers chapter 2 . 2/2/2010
Glad I found this one - refreshing to read something different. Love the end line - perfectly in character.
Gem6 chapter 2 . 1/15/2009
Hahaha, love it!

Gem x
Starlite1 chapter 1 . 9/18/2008
Can I just say, I absolutely LOVE this! It just seems so like him, to be an angel with hidden wings...LOVE!
BenRG chapter 1 . 3/30/2008
Hmm... If I understand you correctly, then I suspect you are saying Gene is a sort of Anubis character, the judge and guide of the Dead to the next world. Basically, it is his role to guide people through the end and onto the next life. In a few cases, he has merely looked after them in the LotD until they wake up from a coma but, regrettably, that does not happen as often as he wished.

Oh, he really /was/ a Mancurian copper once but you could say that, upon his death from liver failure, he got 'promoted' to a 'different division'. :-p

In this conceptual framework, then Sam's seven years in LoM world was his journey (Aztec-style) through of the Land of the Dead to the next life. His 'death' (as Ray perceived it) was him coming to terms with his death in the real world and moving on.

If this theory is correct, then it does not bode well for Alex ever seeing Molly again.

Thanks for making my brain work! ;-)

BenRG's Rating: 8/10
KimiPie chapter 1 . 3/28/2008
This is different...and interesting...I like it :D
ali-chan chapter 1 . 3/28/2008
brilliant story! loved the ending _
Gem6 chapter 1 . 3/28/2008
Wow, fabulous, I loved it!

Gem x