Reviews for Two Inches From the Heart
Ihni chapter 1 . 8/25
This was great. I loved Bender being protective of Allison, and also the scene with Vernon.
genegrimm853 chapter 1 . 5/31/2014
that was rather beautiful :)
bloodredcherry chapter 1 . 6/25/2012
I can't believe that I haven't reviewed this fic - I read it a while ago, and I've just come back to it again. This trio is my favourite, and I really enjoyed this story. I must say, that your Breakfast Club stories are stories that I revisit time and time again!
FoxFlyer chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
I have a big long 'AW!' for this gorgeous piece of insight, but Vixie won't let me do it.

Vixie: Bender would kick my ass if I let you.

But he wouldn't hurt me!

Vixie: Maybe not, but I'll have to sock you in the jaw before he gets his good hand around your throat.
Lusmeitli chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
Love how you tackled the Vernon - Bender tension and how you spun it around to turn aversion into a connection. It's easy to slag off a character you don't like, but so much more difficult to analyse them and to try and understand them. The connection between Bender and Vernon is very beautifully written and you put so much detail and weight and importance into this - this is so, so great on so many levels, I am bouncing in my seat for joy. This is another great story of yours, I am so impressed with your writing and the way you capture the characters. Love your Ally, Brian and Bender - very good read. Thanks for writing and for sharing this.

x Lu
wolfdog127 chapter 1 . 11/6/2010
i like, nice job.
Without.The.Rain chapter 1 . 9/23/2010
This was so sweet, i loved it so much. The title was so well picked too.

The toaching moments between Vernon and Bender was so toaching.

Well done!
drunkenpixie chapter 1 . 8/26/2010
okay, you had BETTER continue to write more.

This piece, is AMAZING.
Montreal's Song chapter 1 . 4/29/2010
Aww, so cute:)
LikeAVision chapter 1 . 4/14/2010
Last time I said that you write Allison really well...

But oh my god,I don't even know how,but your Allison was EVEN BETTER-in fact,just PERFECT in this story!

'A noise began clawing its way up Allison's throat, gathering momentum as it rose, but she shoved a fist into her mouth and bit down on the knuckles. Her skin nearly broke, and she swallowed the pain down along with whatever sound it was that fought to escape. She took a few deep breaths, unable to tear her eyes away from his bent shape on the kitchen tile. Slowly she removed her hand, using all her strength and willpower not to get sick. Trembling, she reached up to tug on the phone cord and pulled down the receiver.

She dialed 911. The dispatcher was prompt, professional, and assuring. The call was short. And in the silence that followed, Allison couldn't keep from staring at the hole in her friend's shoulder. It looked like it was growing bigger and bigger with every second, threatening to consume him whole and drag her down too.'

I LOVELOVELOVE this whole passage(I was trying to choose lines,but I couldn't).I could SEE Allison in my mind while I was reading these lines-and I assure you,that's really 've got a ... good.

-Moulshri
MagnusSpark chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
OOH. I liked that. No, I loved that.

Bender/Allison friendships are my favourite I think. And Brian. always Brian.

That was a really good twist with Vernon, and his confession was really surprising. Though looking at how isolated he seems, it kinda fits. And as for Claire and Andy not being their friends any more, yeah, I think we could all see that coming...

LOVED it.
J3d1M0nk3ySp0ck chapter 1 . 11/6/2008
Holy crap this story was amazing!
TangerineVampire chapter 1 . 7/12/2008
That was brilliant. It was really unique how you had Vernon actually do most of the comforting. It's a shame this doesn't have more reviews, because it is very well-written and a joy to read. (:

Keep writing!
badboys chapter 1 . 4/4/2008
I think you did a pretty good job in portraying the characters - mainly bender of course, as he was the protagonist (you really hit his bigmouth!) - I just can't help the feeling that in relation to what you let him go through he stays disproportionally cool and tough. or, the other way round - you might have let him go through a bit less (like for example only the shot) to still let his toughness come across believeable.

I mean, being left by somebody you love or at least depend on emotionally, being shot by somebody you at least want to be loved by and watching the same person blow his brains in front of your very eyes is enough to totally bowl a grown man over so a teenager - even a John Bender - should at least show severe sighns of traumatic shock or something - which of course can manifest itself in kind of a non-reaction - but quite likely not in the composed and reflected state of mind your character is in.

reading through a number of stories in here I got the impression that many people tend to overdramatize and I don't know if I might not walk right into this trap as well if I'd only pick up courage to write something myself, so don't take my critique amiss. apart from that I quite liked your story and I hope you give it another go. especially as people who properly portray good ol' Bender are way too rare ;-)
StellarCat chapter 1 . 3/29/2008
I agree, John is hard to write.

I think you did an amazing job with the interaction between Dick and John. I mean, after seeing what they did and being shot they're going to be a bit OOC, but for the most part I think you've stayed true.

I hope you do write another Breakfast CLub fic. -