Reviews for The Great and Terrible: The Emperor's War
larryjc chapter 6 . 12/24/2014
Too short.
I would have loved to see how stability will be achieved again.
Amanthya chapter 3 . 9/30/2014
I haven't read the prequel. But it sounds dark. And after all this Naruto is still naive - giving away information about his village (amount of ninjas) that could compromise security, handing out justu to non village members he barely knows but knows hates him, accepting employment from an unknown employer without asking the term as of the job of even what it is (or if it clashes with his moral as or the standards his village lives by). I'm sorry but this is beyond ridiculous; it's stupid. Claiming he wants to be friends with Matsuri is not an excuse. He should be smartening up by now and putting his village first.
WhistlesOfTin chapter 1 . 9/7/2014
OH MY GOSH. That's hilarious. Of course he would become an emperor.
Endgames chapter 6 . 8/22/2014
Poor Naruto. He can never just live in a hut. He has to rule the world, whether he likes it or not.

This was an entertaining story. Thanks for doing this sequel!
Endgames chapter 2 . 8/22/2014
Man, even with the whole world destroyed, Naruto just cannot get away from that mission to Wave!

I'm looking forward to how everything plays out though. I hadn't really considered it, but men like Gato could be extremely powerful in this kind of situation, when he's really only a minor threat to well-trained ninja in canon.
Walk The Max Planck chapter 6 . 10/2/2013
Definitely lighter than "The Hokage Great and Terrible", but I just as definitely liked it. It was an enjoyable, quick read. I hope that you do make more stories in this setting, even though I doubt that you will since you seem to have moved on from Naruto fiction. Still, it would certainly be nice to see more stuff in this very AU world.
WolfofWar chapter 6 . 7/1/2013
I like both of the stories over all but this story seems incomplete because of your summary. To be specific there was no new war all they did at the end was kill Gato and his men and agreed to take over the village.
zaresetrubld chapter 6 . 4/25/2013
Good add on story to the original, but the ending kind of fell flat. Nonetheless, I still enjoyed the read.
InflatedChimp chapter 6 . 3/5/2013
I'd like to see a third part of this story if you decide to write one :)
Kythorian chapter 6 . 9/27/2012
hehe...Nice. I liked both Great and Terrible stories a lot. They were VERY different in tone though as you said...This is a good ending though. Of course Naruto will end up taking over the whole Elemental Countries in a series of either mutually agreed upon mergers with other towns, or situations like this one where Naruto just ends up accidentally taking over.

Given that not only is Naruto the only real Kage-level ninja in the entire world(and he is at the high end of those), there isn't even a jonin alive outside of his own village, this would be a pretty boring thing to read about after a while though, so i think this was a good place to stop. It is enough to hint at Naruto being the prophesied one to bring peace to the Elemental Nations even in this very AU version without just having us read about Naruto slaughtering any army that could possibly be raised against him all by himself. Gets boring after a while.

And I didn't review to the first part, but that was definitely a very good story too. Very different from the usual fanfiction fare, but thats a good thing if it is done right, which you did.
EeBee-kohai chapter 6 . 8/21/2012
At the beginning of the story, I was sad that there was no more Konoha, but you so make it work. I love Naruto in this. I love how you even bother to mention how everyone feels that is is a strange thing to be under Orochimaru and then a completely different in every way regime.
Tomon chapter 6 . 8/11/2012
Very interesting idea of what could happen if Orochimaru was choosen as Sarutobi sucessor. I like this sequel as well as original story.

This remind me a sort of post apocalyptic world where gaps in strenght are even more significant and power means everything. At least there is still somebody like inhabitant of Minato to save the world :-D
OrionRejects chapter 6 . 4/20/2011
That was a pretty good story. Short,yes. Then again it was a fairly good story all the same.
Daki92 chapter 6 . 12/12/2010
very nice sequel. i look forward to seeing all the stories you heaven't finished finished lol, including this one
Ryuzaki Drake chapter 6 . 11/25/2010
Just finished this one too. I do think you should continue to write in this setting, a longer story with Naruto and his village going through a more feudal setting than the rest of the AUs has a lot of potential, especially if you do more of what you did in here and add in real series characters in their new settings.

On a different note i think that the reason these stories are less popular (when going by reviews) is simply that they're a bit on the short side of things. (and let's be honest here, most of the stories on this site that have less than 40k-ish words are usually two or three chapters of abandoned, poorly written, angsty yaoi jizzfest) So i do think a longer one would attract the sort of attention it deserves.

Looking forward to more as always,

Drake