Reviews for A Change of Pace
ApprenticeOfDaedalus chapter 1 . 5/9/2014
This is a very nice little story. Bravo.
Twilight Archangel chapter 1 . 7/13/2008
Nice!
bobbyneko chapter 1 . 3/31/2008
lol midlife crisis, good one. why didnt i think to use that on my teachers in school?

anyways, i think your writing is a little too poetic. But then, this is a one-shot.

other than that keep up the good work!
Crazyeight chapter 1 . 3/30/2008
I rather liked this short fic. Short, but very thoughtful and contemplative. I've had thoughts like this before, wondering about whether or not I would want to live a particular part of my life at the sacrifice of others. I remember watching a movie in a religion and film class where the main plot actually revolved a little bit around that question (people who had recently died had to choose one memory to spend the rest of eternity to exist in). Certainly a question worth asking sometimes.

Takato's thought process from start to finish has a very natural flow to it, leading through the paths that he takes both literally and metaphorically to where he comes to his conclusions, and the last lines at the end I especially like.

"‘I’m grateful for everything that has brought me and my friends so close together; even if it hasn’t all been sunshine and daisies… even if there’s been pain, sadness, and some fear along the way…’

The shining faces of his friends danced about him, and Takato, with a smile, let himself drift away in their company.

‘…I still can’t complain about the end result.’"

That was very well done. If I'm able to at some point in the future, and with your permission, I would like to reference those particular lines or something to its measure.

A very good fic. Definitely going on my favorites list. :P

Awesome job. Later.