Reviews for The Chronicles of Fone Bone Oathbreaker
Phoney Bone chapter 9 . 2/22/2012
FONE BONE IS DEAD? YPU MONSTER THIS WOULD NEVER HAPPEN TO THE MAIN CHARACTER!
Phoney Bone chapter 8 . 2/22/2012
wow book put it in NOW!or else![not a treat]
Phoney Bone chapter 7 . 2/22/2012
CREEPY! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO THE OLD BONE I LOVED?
Phoney Bone chapter 6 . 2/22/2012
PHONEY IS COOL BUT RIGHT NOW YOU ARE ON FIRE WITH THAT CHAPTER BUT NOT THAT ONE ON FIRE GIRL![not really so don't worry]
Phoney Bone chapter 5 . 2/22/2012
wow what have you done to this purfect story adding eeeeewness in it:[WHEN OH I MEAN IF THIS STORY IS PUBLISHED, I HOPE THEY NEVER EVER PUT THIS PART INTO PICTURES:[OOOOOOOO!
Phoney Bone chapter 4 . 2/22/2012
YOU GO FONE BONE:] BUT PHONEY'S STILL BETTER;]****
Phoney Bone chapter 3 . 2/22/2012
AWSOME! NEEDS TO BE IN A BOOK! :] [probley won't]::[
Phoney Bone chapter 2 . 2/22/2012
I LOVE FONE BONE AND THE STORY WAAA WHO AM I KIDDING, THIS STORY WON'T END UP AS A BOOK IN THE FUTURE!
Phoney Bone chapter 1 . 2/22/2012
WOW make this whole story into a book pleeese!$$$ I LOVED IT A SO DID BILLIONS OF OTHER FANS! I'D BE COOL
stephanie p chapter 9 . 2/21/2012
SAD! fone was awsome! GO ASK JEFF SMITH TO MAKE A BOOK OUT OF IT! I LOVED IT AND ALMOST CRYED
stephanie p chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
ONE WORD: AWSOME! you put that in book 10 please!
Shenlong Girl chapter 9 . 2/3/2011
Wow. This was not what I expected of the only Bone fanfic readily available on the internet. I have to respect how you took a more or less PG-13 adventure epic and turned into something this twisted, though.

This is so depressing that when certain people die, it's actually a relief. I spent the first several chapters gaping open-mouthed at some of the shockingly horrible things that happened, but by the end, my morbid fascination was more subdued. This tells me that you layered the gloom and doom on a wee bit heavy, neglecting to leave us any hope for you to crush. Still, overall, I'm impressed and would have to say that I enjoyed it!
LionLad chapter 9 . 12/16/2010
What.

WHAT.

Okay. What have you done with my favourite comic book series?

First off, didn't the "Tall Tales" comic establish that bones give birth like humans? Umbilical cord and everything? Admittedly, that Stork bit you invented was clever, but seriously? Thorn and Bone conceiving an Eldritch Abomination? I think, my friend, that you have taken the tragedy too far, which is a shame, because the first chapter or two read almost as if Jeff Smith himself had written them.

I love alternate reality stories where the characters made a different choice, but Ishmael kind of ruins everything. I find it virtually impossible that Phoney would ever shoot Thorn, even by accident. There is such a thing as stretching characters too far. This is a shame, because I liked your OCs (especially Floyd, Annie and Rictus) and there is NOT ENOUGH BONE FANFIC. Make another one sometime, but less Lovecraftian.
Dove the Unoriginal chapter 9 . 10/13/2010
Well, it started off interesting. I love the dialogue, the use of minor characters, and I was intrigued by your depiction of Boneville. But a lot of other things seemed out of character if not outright bizarre. I liked the idea of the Stork, regardless of the creepiness factor it invoked given the circumstances, but Tall Tales explicitly shows a female Bone giving live birth to her son, Big Johnson Bone, umbilical cord and all, so I have to presume that part was one of the all-new stories that hadn't been published before (I know other parts of it had been published in the Stupid, Stupid Rat Tails.) XD

I realize this was meant to be a tragedy and I'm amused by the sly winks at Lovecraft (ah, Portsmouth and all that) but I can't really get into tragedy of it all fully. There was sadness and horror in the original Bone series, it's true, but I didn't feel there was enough humor in this fanfic to even out the tone, at least for my taste. And I can enjoy a sad ending when it's fitting but the events that took place became more and more unrealistic, IMHO, to where I couldn't find myself believing enough to feel the impact. I shrugged at the end but I wanted to review because this is the first Bone fanfic I've been able to find ( doesn't have a category for it so it's a pain to unearth them.) XD

I would love more Bone fanfiction in general though. :)

(Sorry for the rambling, I should really go to bed now.)
LionLad chapter 1 . 9/23/2010
Oh. My. GAWD.

Look, I'll give up any hope of being objective. I am a gigantic Bone fanboy. I love it. I have a dog-eared copy of the anthology sitting on my shelf right now.

And you, sir, have paid excellent tribute to Jeff Smith's work. First chapter has me HOOKED. This is one of the few times I haven't looked at fanfiction and said, "I could do better," (arrogant, I know) because I couldn't. You have a rich, descriptive, absorptive writing style that utterly transports and involves the reader in the characters' lives.

You've broken my heart by separating the Bone cousins, though.

I'll write a more involved review when I've finished the other chapters.