Reviews for Learning to Breathe
Guest chapter 19 . 4/29/2014
That was the very best ending to that series of all time I am sad and happy at the same time.
Tewdee chapter 19 . 3/12/2013
This fic was beautiful, and the last personal chapter very touching. I never realized the emptiness in plasic beach, the emtiness and melancholy which surrounds the Gorillaz. What was once the best band in the world is now one man trying to prove he has so much potential, but leaves what Gorillaz was really all about behind. He left ones who mattered behind, and this all reflects in Murdoc, 2D, Noodle and Russel. Especially 2D though, you can see the sadness and emptiness that resonates from him, from his empty soul. Thank you for writing this, it was, and still is brilliant. Gomennasai. Grasias. Gratziea. Thank you. Merci.
someonewhoecares chapter 19 . 1/5/2013
the truth in this is overwhelming
nobody chapter 19 . 1/4/2013
this is so beautiful
maddie rush chapter 19 . 5/6/2012
I think I'm going to start crying... Everything you said in the last chapter is totally true, I knew they were starting to go desperate ways, but I never realized the extent of their breaking up... Great story... Kept me clinging to it, to see what happens in the last chapter... but then, just like in real life for the band- its broken. Just when everyone was waiting for more, they stopped... 3
Murdocx2D4ever chapter 19 . 3/16/2012
Is this the end?
SweetPudding chapter 19 . 2/15/2012
*s-sniffle*

I...i liked Plastic Beach.. I thought it was lovely..but as for their relationships you're right.

Oh Joys arise the sun has come again, to hold you

sailin out the doldrums of the week

The polyphonic prayer is here

its all around you, its all around you again

and if the whole world is crashing down

fall through space and out of time with me

where the emptiness we leave behind on warm air rising.

blows all the shadows far away
The Moon's Willow chapter 19 . 12/23/2011
No perfect ending, but your heartfelt words that came straight from the heart is all I really need to leave all regrets behind. Their newer songs may be empty and bleak, but their older ones leave doors wide open for new fans to land on their doorstep, breathe in their past, and dwell on the legend that is Gorillaz and how they came to be. Your words had me in tears, but you are held in a powerful respect. My eyes are opened. My heart lingers on them forever in a greater understanding than I have ever had for a single band. You are truly blessed.
Glass Child chapter 19 . 11/10/2011
I thought this was going to be a new chapter -_-*
Purple-Spider chapter 19 . 11/10/2011
Oh good god that was the saddest thing I've ever read in my life. Brought tears streaming down my face...

The truth of it is what kills me, confirms something I didn't want to admit to myself, but true none-the-less.

I assume you're not going to finish this or write a sequel, and I don't blame you, but still; It'd be nice if you could.

-Purple Spy
Fuzzybuni chapter 19 . 11/4/2011
The saddest thing about what you've written here is that I entirely agree. It's a really, really sad thing that the characters really have no life to them anymore. But, in the end, I suppose that's why we still write fanfiction - to /give/ them more life. I have a couple of Gorillaz stories written myself and although Plastic Beach has been such a difficult phase for me to cope with, I was able to continue on with them as I just kept the memories of the characters having so much life and freedom and depth to them in the earlier phases. I don't even really count the Gorillaz's characters as living things anymore... more so a thing of the past. I understand that it must be a struggle to continue on the fic with the seldom inspiration you've probably received from the last album and the character development... but all I can say is remember the phases before, to give you some hope, perhaps. And remember the joy you have given to the readers by making the characters more realistic and lovable and enjoyable to read about. If you can't finish it, well, I thank you for the years and time you've put into this fic. It means a lot to me as a reader. Thanks.
Cindy Who-Gives-A-Crap chapter 19 . 11/1/2011
Russel and Noodle are already back XD
Sev chapter 19 . 10/30/2011
I feel you still need to have some hope. 2D has given up but Murdoc still clings to the band And Russel/Noodle are finding their way back to the band as we speak.
Usaga Matchi chapter 10 . 7/30/2011
Great story! I can't wait until you update :D

One thing I want to point out is that even though Noodle was close to 2D, she still added in "San" or "Kun", and she still does even to today
zolustalker chapter 18 . 12/29/2010
You HAVE to update! I really wanna see Murdoc and 2D get back together.