Reviews for Amputated at the Neck
No longer updating chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
WOW! That was really amazing. The beginning was so intense.

Jasper is one of my favourite characters, and I think you've captured him perfectly. You did a really good job.
AmaranthineSomnium chapter 1 . 8/26/2008
Deep, well thought out and thought provoking; just how I love a good piece of writing to be. This takes a deeper look at the love we all seem so amazed by: Edward and Bella. Though I don't 100% agree with everything Jasper thinks here, I think it is always good to see and understand every point of view. It makes our own opinions and thoughts all the more valued. And strong. Fantastic job with Jasper, here. I'm in awe.
1297 chapter 1 . 8/1/2008
This was beautifully written and so insightful. I really enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing. Adding to my favourites :)
sophia666 chapter 1 . 7/30/2008
Wonderful writing. I loved Jasper's POV and the little glipses of Alice, Carlisle and especially Bella and Edward. I think you really got their relationship, and how Bella idolises Edward and how Edward loved the Mystery and idea of Bella. I loved Jasper's characterisation.
MissNebraskaLIVE chapter 1 . 7/27/2008
An exceptional character study; as someone who adores Jasper, I think that you've created a very moving rendition of him. Your Jasper is very dark and surprisingly, I like that side of him. Amazing writing.
Spooky Kat 87 chapter 1 . 7/18/2008
I really like this story. I agree with that view of Edward and Bella's relationship. I have never been convinced that they actually love each other. They love what they think they see, and that has always bothered me about them.
qtkemi chapter 1 . 7/13/2008
I admit, this is exceptional writing, but i completely abhor this story. What type of cynical person are you, arguing, through Jasper (sweet, empathic Jasper) that Edward and Bella don't really love each other, that they only love the IDEA of each other. Preposterous. Do you then think that when Bella went and jumped off that cliff to hear Edward's voice that she did it because she loved the IDEA of Edward? Do you then think that when Edward curled up into a ball somewhere in a south american slum he did it because he loved the IDEA of Bella? Do then think that when Edward, after hearing of Bella's supposed death, sent himself on a suicide mission to the volturi because he loved the IDEA of Bella? Do then think that Edward tortured himself, day to day, hour upon hour, minute upon minute, and second after god-forsaken second because he loved the IDEA od Bella?

This takes Cynicism to a whole new level. I must say however, despite how vehemwently i disagree with your...unconventional opinions, your writing is refreshing. I haven't yet met a twilight fan (even a twilight hater for that matter) that thinks that Edward and Bella do not really love each other...

This, I repeat, THIS is cynicism to an extreme...

-kemi
Perfect Mistake chapter 1 . 7/6/2008
My god, the fact that you've gotten me off my lazy arse to review is a feat in itself, but this...this story is simply mind blowing. Your characterizations of Jasper and Edward were spot on, the the flow of the story was beautiful. Excellent job dear, you should be proud.
rothetwifan chapter 1 . 6/20/2008
Very good analogy of feelings and thoughts, but I'm noot quite sure that Jasper is correct in his thoughts on Edward and Bella's love for one another. I don't know at what point his thoughts are happening, but if it's after all of the things that happened with James, The Volturi, and Victoria, then I think Bella is very well aware of who, and what Edward is and in spite of all of those things, she still loves him. I mean who knows a person really, until they live with them on a daily basis, and even then, you still really don't know. You love them, and hope for the best.
Akai-chan chapter 1 . 6/13/2008
I just wanted to tell you that this is the most realistic and mature piece of writing I've ever seen pertaining to Bella and Edward's relationship. You sound like someone who truly knows what's going on in love and life experiences and I thank you for sharing that with the rest of us through Jasper.
newfoundlove chapter 1 . 4/29/2008
That was very interesting and very well written. I haven't read many stories of characters discussing Edward's short-comings, and he certainly has them, like anyone. The way that you described Bella and Edward's love is very true, especially before he leaves in NM. I think by Eclipse though, he may be loving Bella for who she is, not just the idea of her and the mystery that surrounds her, but that's just my take. Again, well done.
Sarah G chapter 1 . 4/14/2008
This was quite interesting. I always like finding Jasper based stories because I understand and there are so few tid bits about him.
Streaming Radiant Fire chapter 1 . 4/14/2008
Wow...That was really, just wow. I kind of see where you thought, or Jasper thought, that Bella and Edward's love wasn't really as true as it could be. I think that Jasper does have a point, it like Edward and Bella have each other up in pedistools and neither one of them is awear of it. Anyway, this was a great story and I love the truthfulness in it rather than the fluff it could have been.
bemystar chapter 1 . 4/9/2008
that was really well written, so jasper-ish. nice job.
Ms. Topaz chapter 1 . 4/3/2008
I love Jasper. He's so deep and insightful.

This was wonderful. Really. And I like how he's so concerned about Bella.
175 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 Next »