Reviews for Amputated at the Neck
HopefulMe chapter 1 . 11/26/2010
I can only agree with Jasper haha,

anyway, the fic was really nicely written :) I usually dont read this "version" of Jasper, but I like it and yeah love the one shot!:)
Nyx's Pinky Girl chapter 1 . 11/25/2010
This is fanatstic, and it is the truth. Edward does live amputated at the neck. I have noticed all of this you said here, and I agree with Jasper. Well done! :)
bookworm231 chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
Wow, just, just WOW!...I love it!
star574 chapter 1 . 11/5/2010
You know what's funny... I've cooked beans in my pressure cooker for years. I had no idea until about a year ago that doing so was Not A Good Thing.

They turn out beautifully, btw. :)
warmfuzzy1 chapter 1 . 10/31/2010
Interesting perspective. Agree with Jasper's take on E/B.
prettyflour chapter 1 . 10/13/2010
Wow! This was a great look into Jasper's mind. Very interesting and thought provoking. Well done!
cnor9602 chapter 1 . 9/24/2010
Wow...just wow. I really like this piece of work. It is very thought provoking. I have always loved Jasper's character and I like what you did with him in this story. You make very valid points and I am looking at the whole series in a new light after reading it.
Corinne Tate chapter 1 . 9/14/2010
I found this on one of my reviewers favorites list, and I can see why it has pride of place. I know this has been up a while, but I might quibble over the rating. Wit expect something cute and fluffy, and this most definitely is not!

But it is beautifully written, and so thoughtful I absolutely love it! So many people portray Jasper's ability in a way that makes him seem emotional and effeminate, or gay. I love that you've made him a real man who understands himself and those around him, even better than the mind-reading Edward. I love the way you've gone into his past and outlined his feelings about those he's killed. I can appreciate that he would have a list like you suggest; one that gives the specifics to the different emotions he would likely not forget.

It's easy to think that Edward's ability is so much stronger than Jasper's, but in your story, they're more equal. I love how these abilities have made them both so different in their attitudes toward people. I like how Jasper has confronted his own racism, even though he holds on to his own terminology.

I like how Jasper loves people on an individual basis, while Edward claims to love humanity. And I love how Jasper's love of Edward means that he doesn't allow him to get away with his idealistic thoughts.

I think you got the relationship between B&E so perfectly, it makes me wish S.M. had come to you for advice. I've attributed it to her youth and his inexperience, but you've come up with a better reason for the strange ideology they have for one another.

I really love this, and it will go on my favorites list as well. You have a very strong voice as a writer, and you've done in one chapter what would have taken me at least five to convey, even if I'd have come up with the angle. Well done!
Renee Aubin chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
Wow, this is such an insightful story. I love the idea that Edward doesn't see the limits of reading the top layer of thoughts from people's minds, and thinks he understands people perfectly from what he hears. I've always been a big Jasper fan, and this is a terrific representation of his voice, his gift and its consequences, his unique take on the world.

A little surprised that Jasper didn't specifically mention the New Moon debacle, as it's such a perfect example of Edward's arrogance (although it has nothing to do with hearing someone's thoughts), and of how he is dangerous to Bella.

My favorite part is his analysis of E&B's relationship at the end. Nailed it. He has such a unique perspective on how young and unformed she is. It would make a great story if Edward were to really seek out and listen to Jasper's advice - to see what would happen differently at each fork in the road, how E&B would develop together.
Ayana chapter 1 . 9/3/2010
Wow, this is amazing. Captivating. They're such real characters in this piece. I wish I could meet Jasper, as dangerous and intimidating as he seems.
twiharder2 chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
Well written and thought out...good POV! Thanks!
dear.cherie chapter 1 . 8/17/2010
That was insightful.

I like it, more please.
marsbareater12 chapter 1 . 8/13/2010
Wow! :) Nice job! I love it! Good one shot!
THE Chick Norris chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
Great insight into "the old man's" head! Loved it. Added it to my favorites.
roon0 chapter 1 . 8/7/2010
This was excellent and pinpoints all the things about Edward that Bella should worry about. It coming from Jasper was just an added bonus.
175 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »