Reviews for To Live For You
Alex Frost chapter 1 . 12/2/2014
This needs more chapters... Kurama is not allowed to die...
PhoenixDiamond chapter 1 . 10/8/2011
Remarkable.

I'm...I dare say I'm beyond moved if that's possible. The detailed situation of Hiei's complicated issues concerning Kurama's health was unbelievaly well thought out. You've managed to keep Hiei's concern concealed deep inside yet expose it through his actions. I've never been one to ever consider Hiei the type to openly declare his emotions verbally so for you to describe him doing so only in the privacy between him and Kurama is quite realistic.

The bond is there, invisible to others but quite clear between them and neither having to voice it out loud. Their romantic interests are kept dimmed but secretly burn so bright. Even during Kurama's darkest hour they won't let it be so detering of their moment. Its awfully sad for Kurama's condition and his request to Hiei wasn't selfish or a last minute vow of love. Its was just for him to live happy even when he died.

Listen to me rambling on and on like a silly idiot lol. I guess I just get into it a lot when I read well written fics and dear you are the second Yu Yu Hakusho author I've read to do an exquisite style of writing. I'd nearly given up finding another but to see your work proved to me there are more out there. And for that I must thank you. Please keep up the excellent work
kaderin0426 chapter 1 . 3/4/2010
so far i think this is the best one-shot fan fiction that i have read... it didn't need build up for you to know the feelings of the character.. though i was left wanting for more and questions about how kurama got sick... it gave a good feeling and the heart-melith feeling as i read the last part of the story.. good job!
Bon Clay Bon chapter 1 . 6/25/2008
Very well written. Almost made me cry there for a minute.

I absolutely love your stories- thank you for writing this.
pbub2 chapter 1 . 5/1/2008
*cries* That was touching.
Anna Jaganshi chapter 1 . 4/7/2008
Such a sweet one-shot, but also sad... so bittersweet, then. I wonder what Kurama is ill with... And I can't help but laugh at Hiei's answer to his first question. It's something out of a romance novel, but... it just seems like something he would say, but only to himself. Perfect! _ I just love your stories! Keep at it!
ladyasile chapter 1 . 3/31/2008
that was the most saddest and blissful thing i ever read! well done. the emotion in it was wonderful and extrodinary. loved it!

:-)
Blossomwitch chapter 1 . 3/31/2008
Daw...

I have always believed it to be both the burden and the privilege of those left behind to live all the life a loved one was unable to. I love Hiei's calm acceptance of that here-no drama, no over-blown angst, just a "yes" to whatever Kurama asks of him. That's real love. :)
shiorifoxiesmom chapter 1 . 3/31/2008
Damn, you just had to make me cry didn't you. Awesome as always. You very eloquently portray their emotions even without them having voiced them.

I've always felt that it is much more in character that H&K would have denied their love and lived thier lives alone as opposed to the happily ever after endings we all love to read.

I've been wanting to write a fic much like this. Hiei would visit Kurama at the end of his human life and they would both silently regret having not shared their lives. I just don't think I can do it without a happy ending though. You've given me something to think about.
thoth-moon chapter 1 . 3/31/2008
Ah, one of those Kurama's-dying-Hiei's-coping pieces-tender without being overly dramatic.

Shall have to investigate the book you referred to in your A/N now.
happydemonhobo chapter 1 . 3/31/2008
Just what I needed today 'NOT'(sarcasm) to cry, wonderful my dear...as always wonderful...:) A promise Hiei will have a hard time keeping...though he would find a way to be with his fox.
BlueUtopiah chapter 1 . 3/31/2008
Sure, just make me bawl like a child while I sit here doped up on cough medicine! Thank you, I'm an emotional wreck now!

That being said, I am honoured that you dedicated this to me. I'm a big fan of angst (really? I bet you never guessed), and Kurama lying there slowly dying just tugged at my heart. Also, I loved how Hiei is now the conversationalist and Kurama is silent, and how he raised his body temperature to warm Kurama's hand.

And how Hiei's heart answer's Kurama's question? Beautiful. Poor Hiei, I don't want him to be alone! -cries somre more-
Chaseha-Wing chapter 1 . 3/31/2008
wow, that was intense but wonderful. I like Hiei's poetry but I heard it somewhere before. Oh well, nice story, but what's wrong with Kurama? he got Picalo-itis or somethin? Whatever it is I hope he gets better soon. *leaves flowers at his side* good luck Kurama . Nice job again.