Reviews for Symphony for the Devil
Jen10Jen chapter 1 . 2/8
Love, love, love. I sometimes wish this site had a like button.
l chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
I liked this, it was really well written and Alec and Max are amazing together. I hoped that you would explain why Alec was playing the piano but this was really good. I hope you write more for this couple. Thanks for this, Max/Alec ftw! ;D
blubblubblubblub chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
great! love it :)
Punkie chapter 1 . 2/20/2009

I don't even know what else to say besides Wow. That was an excellent read...a little angsty, sexy and beautiful.

I really hope you decide to write lots more DA fics because you are a wonderful writer and I would love to read more of your view on Max and Alec.

Well I just wanted to let you know that you did such a fabulous job, thank you so much for sharing.

crownerofkings chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
wow, man... that was awesome!
CherryWolf713 chapter 1 . 7/31/2008
I really liked it. I really didn't know where it was heading in the begining, if they were together or not, but by the

lexi chapter 1 . 5/16/2008
wow, that's written beautifully!
BlaBlah333 chapter 1 . 4/12/2008
aws! so dark and sweet and... aw! they're so sweet but so stubborn and all you want to do is whap the both of them on the back of their heads! argh! he... great one-shot! ;0)
Her Owlness chapter 1 . 4/4/2008
This was wonderful. I loved the running dialog between the two - how Max tried to evade and Alec would let her (momentarily) while remaining determined to get to the bottom of whatever was bothering her. So true to their characters.

Fabulous job.
Jabberwocky1 chapter 1 . 4/4/2008
I really, really loved this fic - so much so that even though I knew it was only one chapter long I was still desperately hoping to see a link to chapter two at the bottom of the page.

It was everything a Max and Alec story should be - tender, sweet, witty, enlightening, saucy and so much more.

I did particularly like how there was almost a role reversal between them that saw Max being the carefree and spontaneous one who was willing to jump into whatever was going to happen between them without much thought. While Alec was the one who moderated the situation and kept it in check until he could determine why Max was doing what she was doing, and that she was doing it for the right reasons and not just as a distraction. The affection and intimacy between them was enthralling and just goes to prove how perfect they could have been for each other. I want more! Pleasse?
purplebunnywabbit chapter 1 . 4/2/2008
“Only Alec could come out with crap like that, stuff he'd picked up from Common Verbal Usage and hadn't managed to let go of entirely. Max was more of the opinion that if life threw you a lemon, you threw it back. Hard.” That part was just great. Gave me a good laugh!

At first I will admit that I was worried that it would be all about Max’s feelings. Not that such a thing is so bad; I just was more enthralled by the MA encounter, definitely rapt. IT was absolutely brilliant. I mean let’s just say, going in with ‘lesser’ expectations (no offense intended, it's just that most MA fics lately have been… lacking... for me anyway), I was terribly surprised and abashed by my earlier thoughts as I continued on with this.

“Maybe she would kick his ass. Kick his ass and leave him here, on the damp floor next to his out-of-tune piano, and high tail back to the centre of TC where at least there'd be something like not-quite-scotch to burn everything away.” I absolutely adored this line, so Max. It was very striking to me. "On the damp floor next to his out-of-tune piano..."

“'Why did you want me?' not 'Why were you looking for me?' and, knowing Alec, he'd chosen the words deliberately. Although, maybe not, the way his eyes tracked her face as she bit her lip and turned away, not wanting him to see… whatever the hell there was showing on her face.” Another one of those lines of yours that I was hanging off of…

After that there were so many other lines I could gush about. It wasn’t too fairy tale-ish… or whatever. There was enough realism to it that it was really nice read. It has left my chest aching for Max and then Alec, maybe even a little pity for Logan. It just seemed so… I don’t even really have the right words for it. Very nice though, very nice. Beautiful even. I adored this.
fee-kh chapter 1 . 4/2/2008
That is beautiful and poignant. And so, so Max.

The line i liked best, that just had me grinning was this one:

[Now he turned to face her, one eyebrow raised and a familiar smirk playing around the edges of his mouth. "Depends. What's going to get my ass kicked and what's just going to get me spanked?"]

Wonderful. Absolutely wonderful.

Oh and the eyebrow shaving threat. Had me laughing.
iluvcake chapter 1 . 4/1/2008
Awesome! I loved it!
Dark Roswellian Angel chapter 1 . 4/1/2008
Wow. That was seriously impressive. You did a wonderful job of creating the scene, getting into the characters, and describing the fighting emotions raging within her. I'm a happy-ending girl, so I would have loved it if you had led to declarations, but this was amazing.