Reviews for Circe
SuperNaturalxxFreak chapter 3 . 3/2
What the crap? Why would you stop it there? The cliffhanger is not cool. This story is too perfect for that. I love everything about this.
halloween princess chapter 1 . 1/3/2012
Update please :)
Shadowmancer1 chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
This story is amazing. Please update soon.
lupo chapter 2 . 2/14/2010
this is well-written, and the characters well-described and realized. but as of where i'm at now, i have a very, very strong suspicion that the female character in this story is the author, and that takes me out of things somewhat. i'll keep going, though, because as i said, this is mechanically well-written and interesting.
Lonely Words chapter 3 . 2/20/2009
Wow. I love the imagery; the monster seemed perfect. And the whole tension between Desmond and Catherine is great! Please, update!
the holy see chapter 3 . 12/24/2008
There were so many things I wanted to say to praise your writing, but everything I thought to write would not do your work justice. Brilliant writing. Brilliant plot. I hope to see an update soon.
Daughter of Olorin chapter 3 . 7/22/2008
Another awesome chapter! As always, your writing is superb. I’m just so amazed at the way you’ve been able to capture Desmond’s character. Plus, Catherine continues to be more than fitting for this fic and Lost itself. “She suspected he could read the Wall Street Journal aloud and make it sound like poetry.”—absolutely! He could read the phone book to me and I’d be happy. Forgive the long quote but I just adore this: “Dates were not traipsing off into a jungle inhabited by creepy smoke creatures and people who kidnapped women and babies. And for the man she walked with toward the tree line, business casual was a dirty backpack, loosely buttoned and borrowed shirt and a loaded rifle slung across his back. He’d given her a pistol instead of roses for their first outing alone. Here, on this strange and dangerous island, romance was counted by bullets not flowers.” Says so much about the show itself and the reality of romance on the island. “The simple act bewitched her.”—anything that man does bewitches me. _ I love the way you describe Desmond and I’m right there with Catherine’s feelings. “naked as Adam before the fall.”—that is way too funny. Love it! “An instinctive response to a near-fatal moment.”—well, yes, of course, but it’s not helped by naked people pressed on each other (wasn’t her legs wrapped around him at one point?) and one of them being the sexy Desmond. _ Btw, that was all extremely hot! Wow! And to end the chapter there? That’s not fair. Very much hoping for more soon.
Alexius chapter 3 . 7/20/2008
OH MY GOSH!

This chapter was amazing! I felt myself getting nervous... among other things, lol... with her!

I kept checking back to this story, hoping you would continue it! Oh, I can't wait until the next chapter!

keep it up!
WandaXmaximoff chapter 3 . 7/15/2008
Hey,

I started reading this story after a recommendation from Daughter of Olorin, and I'm so glad I decided to give it ago.

Wonderfully written, with great use of description. You write in a way that I can actually imagine myself on the island, and think your story would fit perfectly into the show.

I really must commend you on the description of the black smoke. Most other authors would assume their readers were fans of the show and therefore know what it looks/ sounds like etc. However, you took the time to describe in intricate detail what the smoke sounded like, how it behaved and what it looked like, so that anyone who might not have seen the show would know exactly what you were talking about. I really applaud you for doing that, as a lot of people would simply think “Well it's already established in the show, why bother?”, plus it was written perfectly.

I also have to commend you for your characterization of both Desmond and Catherine. Both writing an existing character accurately and keeping them true to how they've already been presented, and inserting a believable, well-rounded, three-dimensional character into a set of established people are very hard to do, and you seem to have done it effortlessly. Desmond seems spot on – from his mannerisms, to they way he talks, to his inner guilt and conflict over his love for Penny and his growing attraction to Catherine. Catherine – if I didn't know better- seems like a character that's always been in LOST. You reveal enough about her so that she's interesting to the reader and it's obvious you've put a lot of thought into her, but you don't give so much away that it feels like you're throwing a list of facts at the reader.

Even though this story only have three chapters so far, you've already gotten me hooked, and I'm very interested to see where you'll take it from here.

I thought the latter part of chapter three was simply amazing. I love how the smoke forced an naked Desmond and Catherine into the hau tree, so that they were together in such close quarters. I think I stopped breathing as I read their interactions to each other and what effect it was having on their bodies. Outstanding work!

Over all, awesome story so far and I'm eagerly awaiting more!

Keep it up!

Wanda
jenthegypsy chapter 3 . 7/14/2008
*flailandflailagain* I've waited so long, hoping you would update eventually. I love this story and your Catherine - your Desmond, too, who is so like himself. Your telling is very good, so descriptive and evidently hot enough for me, as I couldn't breathe while reading the last several paragraphs. Nice - very, very nice ending point for the chapter.

*settles back in to wait for more*
Daughter of Olorin chapter 2 . 5/12/2008
Great line: “He hadn’t lost his sarcasm or the habit of baptizing everyone with some inane nickname, but Desmond sometimes caught an expression of unease on his arrogant features, as if he wore his mantle of leadership reluctantly.” You’ve really captured Sawyer. If I don’t watch it, I’ll be copying every line in the review and telling you how much I like it and how it fits the characters! _ This was nice too: “a tall, black-haired, displaced Gypsy woman. The fanciful thought made him snort. When had he become so ridiculous?” I loved their exchange over knickers. “What am I doing?”—oh, yeah, and I want to know that too! Great second chapter! Can’t wait for more! On a side note, I don’t know how I missed your last update to The Allure of the Dark Angel. I’m on that next.
Daughter of Olorin chapter 1 . 5/12/2008
I don’t know what it is about just the summary but I couldn’t resist trying this fic. I am fascinated by Desmond and there is only one thing I have to see come out of Lost and that’s that Desmond and Penny finally freaking get back together; everything else is negligent. But that doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy another pairing. If I may ask, what was said in the commentary in TV Guide that piqued your interest? I’m also rather a fan of the Odyssey and Circe is one of the more interesting characters in the epic. As always, your writing is amazing! Loved this: “She was not normally a shy person, but those dark eyes, with their quiet grief and strange wisdom made her tongue-tied for a moment.” And this nice little paragraph starting, “She handed him the plate. . .” Very nice start! I have to go ahead and read the next chapter!
SarcasticEnigma chapter 2 . 4/8/2008
i've been waiting for someone to do a circe-esqe fic for desmond and i really like this. catherine isn't perfect and she even has a son (nice touch). i like her so far, and i also like that you have good old des struggling with his feelings for penny and the ones he's getting for catherine. it's normal, and very in character for him. great job so far! can't wait to see where you go with this! UPDATE SOON!
Alexius chapter 2 . 4/3/2008
thank you for updating so quickly! :)

i really like this story so far... and as i said before, your descriptions are amazing! i'm so jealous. lol

can't wait for the next chapter.
Alexius chapter 1 . 3/31/2008
wow... this is really good so far! i love your descriptions!

continue... and soon! lol