Reviews for Acquiescence
LOVELY JUST LOVELY!
First off I wanna say u may not know but u have been using my name in your story(Serenity),and also Zuku singing?!And TWICE! Wow that's something I never thought I would read let alone think...So that's a surprise,a big one...
AUTHOR YOU TOOK THE SSEN WHEN ZUKO SAVED KATARA WHEN SHE WAS ALMOST BLASTED YOU JUST TURNED MY WORLD SIDE DOWN CELESTIA HELP ME!YOU JUST SWITCHED IT UP,YOU DIDNT EVEN ASK...but nice twist, BUT IF I WERE A FIRE BENDER STEME WOULD BE COMMING OUT OF ME EARS AND HEAT WOULD BE BOILING OUT OF ME AND THE PRESSURE WOULD MAKE MY SCREEN CRACK,but it is lovely in a way,it fits everything showing who she picked and all,so GREAT,sorry for being so critizmatic!.
Wait what? does this mean she likes Zuko?God I'm confused!
Ummmm author so far through the story I was wondering if this was a Katara and Zuko story but I sort of liked that...It's like it could of been in the actual show,goooooood.
The King in White chapter 21 . 5/28
That was amazing.
froesch123 chapter 21 . 5/11
Well here goes,
This is a review of the entire story and not just this chapter. The strengths of this story is the story arch. Too many times Zuko or Katara are head over heels for each other in a swirl of raging hormones. They are like Romeo and Juliet who are in love in this story but unlike a teen romance, where most of the feelings will only last a few seconds, their romance develops. Katara goes from apathetic and hostile to caring about Zuko. Likewise, Zuko is not smitten over Katara but does NOT want to be on the receiving end of Katara's rage. Zuko's own struggle throughout avatar is to find the acceptance for what he has done that is right, not what others expect of him. In this way, "Acquiescence" shows how Zuko has matured.
"Aquiescence" also is a strong story because the characters personality stays to true to ATLA and its sense of morals. Aang shows his budding maturity and is allowed to get angry. More often than not Aang is completely childish or overly innocent in Zutara fiction which in some stories works well however in most is an over simplification of his character. Zuko and Katara are and can get angry. Once again a feature of many Zutara stories is Zuko or Katara's perfection or innocence. While ATLA makes painfully clear all of the characters are so angelic.
The treatment of Ozai and Mai is also another aspect I throughouly enjoyed. Uniquely Mai gets over her feelings for Zuko but, not just in her dull emotionless way. She acknowledges and (as it is always a little awkward) accepts the change of fate as Katara and Zuko draw together. She is not eliminated from the story but remains a close personal friend to Zuko. Ozai is evil, strikingly so as always. The dichotomy between the passionate lover (or husband I guess at one point) and powerful ruler is explored. Distinctively that he is naturally powerful and seductive. As all great dictators or absolute rulers have the silver tongue or the carrot, which by flattery and craftiness lures their followers to do their bidding. Either in fanatical acceptance or reluctant submission. Individuals who choose to follow a bad leader through ignorance or squelch of guilt.
The weakest part of the story are the inserted characters. Although in all likely hoods the stories imagined for Smeller Bee, Long Shot, and other characters invented are realistic, their involvement is limited. In this sense the characters interaction is too brief for them to be effective in the plot.
Anon chapter 4 . 3/14
I'm so sorry but I feel like your fic is so longwinded and dense. I wish I could keep reading it, but it hasn't held my interest these past few chapters at all :(
Classy Girl3 chapter 1 . 11/30/2014
I wish you wouldn't use La
xxGUSHINESSxx chapter 3 . 11/8/2014
Its good but lay off the parentheses it makes your writing incredibly weak.
kildar2010 chapter 3 . 8/31/2014
ok i thought i could just pull past it but zuko's nickname is SPARKY not flinty,
this fic is good but that just kept on popping up and it just makes me stop every time :(
So i'm just going to go and read another fic, hopefully i will be able to come back and finish this one but a doubt it
Cat Goliath chapter 21 . 2/11/2014
I really enjoyed reading this. It was just so in character and flowed so well. Loved reading this and am so glad for all the time you spent creating it.
caspasta chapter 21 . 1/22/2014
a;lskjdfal;sdkjfl'aksjdf MY HEART JUST BURST THANK YOU. ZUTARARARARARARA 3
Guest chapter 17 . 1/14/2014
HOW DARE YOU *sobs*
zutara chapter 4 . 11/19/2013
Ahh so much kataang and Maiko D: when will it end?!