Reviews for The Hook Up
chrisrose chapter 1 . 11/14/2013
You asked, so I'll tell you...I don't actually *have* a OTP for Dark Angel...That's right! No preferred ship! It's amazing but true. :) I can see the good (and bad) in all of 'em and will enjoy any well-written fic, whether Max hooks up with Logan, Alec, or Zack for that matter. (Never with White though...He was a very mean man, you know! :P) However, after reading your wonderful parody, I think I *do* have a favorite pairing after all. I won't say who and spoil the ending in case somebody reads the review section first. I'll only say - I never considered the possibility before, but you did an excellent job convincing me that he is, in fact, the perfect man for Max. ;)

I really like your writing style, and you summed up every character so perfectly, with very fitting (and funny) dialogue and descriptions. :) Very amusing spoof of Heat Fic cliches and one of the more ridiculous aspects of the show itself... you know, the whole Max-is-like-a-cat-in-heat thing. :P I find it a cringe-worthy part of canon. I do love to see fans being irreverant and acknowledging the cheesy/bad aspects of their favorite shows. Even if they might get attacked for it by other less-critical fans. Thanks for the laughs!
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
That was really funny! I loved it! Just to make sure...I should have been Max and Alec. I love the twist at the end!
alliekiwi chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
Oh. My. Word. This has to be the best Heat fic ever. *snigger*

“Dude, don’t you die if you touch her? What happened to the retrovirus?” demanded Alec.

“She’s in heat. It doesn’t count if she’s in heat. Besides, we’re meant to be together,” Logan added. “It’s canon.”

“What do cannons have to do with it?” demanded Zack.

And White with his little snake that he carries around? LOL. A real hoot.
Leroy J chapter 1 . 5/23/2009
Bwuahaha!

Comedic genious Fic!

I found that very entertaining...

If only mildly insulting.

(Depends on how you look at it.)

I liked the snake's name. Good work.
gingersnappy chapter 1 . 11/20/2008
Great parody. Very funny. Ginger.
Replica Velocity a.k.a. X5 714 chapter 1 . 9/10/2008
Way wrong- but way cool... loved the fic and inset ship... ML... but way funny.
frannie chapter 1 . 9/3/2008
Aww, poor Max, getting heatier by the second.

Lol. You made my day.
LiRA chapter 1 . 7/22/2008
Oh my gawd, that was so OOC! And she should have chosen Alec! And it's Tuesday!

And that was very funny and silly and I love it. Great job.
Kalira of the flames chapter 1 . 4/22/2008
I just thought I'd write you a lengthy review to tell you how stupid this story was as instructed. "Heat fics are so overdone and everyone is out of character. You are so wrong because Alec and Max are the OTP (what does that mean?). Ur.. today is Tuesday. Anyway this was a funny story even though MA is the OTP."

To be serious; I loved this parody. It was awesome. Especially the emasculated White with handcuffs. The saying "bang the gong", everyone inexplicably being at JamPony, and Logan not keeling over (much to everyone's annoyance) because he's canon.

Loved.
ZX7-495 chapter 1 . 4/20/2008
OMG! So good! had me laughing 4 ages all my friends think i'm weird now. Please write more
miss-sci-fi chapter 1 . 4/5/2008
friggen hilarious lol

loved it especially ramdom made up words like 'heatier'
BlueAngel137 chapter 1 . 4/5/2008
Ah, naturally she decides for Normal. :-P *slaps forehead*

Very funny idea and perfectly executed.

-...“You sure?” Alec asked. “She’s pretty riled up, maybe I should take care of her. After all, it might take someone with super human strength and endurance to handle her. And don’t take this the wrong way, man, but I’m probably better equipped for this sort of thing.”

“I’m just as well equipped as you are,” Logan told Alec.

“No you’re not.”

“Well, I’m taller.” ...

(This is the best part for me. :-))

Great how you almost top this hilarious situation of L/A rivalry by throwing "heroic" Zack into the pot. Ha, ha. :-D

-...“Well, okay,” Zack shrugged, still heroically, “we’ll just find the nearest public restroom and take care of it, then when we get back we can deal with that life threatening emergency thing. See you guys later.”

“I love heroic men,” Max whispered as she worked on his belt buckle, which was heroically easy to undo.” ...

You really have a thing for parodies, right? THANKS for sharing this crazy thing with us. :-)
Becca chapter 1 . 4/3/2008
Great stroy, I found it rly funny, I personally would have done the more predictable ending, lol MA but thats only because I love Jensen Ackles m.
Crogos chapter 1 . 4/2/2008
This has to be one of the smartest fics I've ever read. You know, there really aren't enough Heat-fics out there, I'm glad you added your piece to the small collection we have, although I would prefer more smut. But besides that, I think you captured every character spot on! It's really great to finally read a fic where the real OTP of DA, (grr, if it had gone to season 3, I could totally see this happening!) Max and Normal, is finally realized. Today is 3 April 2008.

And Rewrite:

Ha! I thought this fic was hilarious-hehehe, canon/cannons?. You've already made my day-and it's only 1:00am, even though I am a MA shipper. :) Very funny, you hit all the DA fanfic ship cliches. Oh how I love me a good parody! Well done.

Have a nice day.

(Oh, and I do hope I followed your instructions on procedure correctly ;P haha)
Dark Roswellian Angel chapter 1 . 4/2/2008
That was freakin' hi-lar-i-ous! I was totally LOL. I loved it. You're right- it's totally not who I would have picked, or who I would have EVER expected, but it was perfect. Especially considering the day (Irish wink). Great story :)