Reviews for Benedictus
Guest chapter 23 . 11/16/2013
This story is totally fantastic. I wish you would post the sequel as I can't believe you ended it here!
Ditte3 chapter 13 . 11/17/2013
It breaks my heart but it is so beautiful.
Ditte3 chapter 11 . 11/17/2013
Wonderful story. Even if angsty, I enjoyed it. I'm glad they saved the baby.
Ghanaperu chapter 23 . 6/28/2013
Wow. You ended it there?

This reads just like a novel, and I can see it playing out in my head just like a film. This story is better than this site.

I loved all the references to all the random poems and literature and whatever else you were referencing. It made it seem realer, somehow.

I like that both brothers had good intentions of repairing their relationship, and yet somehow the conversation in the hospital made little to no progress towards that goal.

It seemed right that Colby would be the one to reach him first, the one to hold him up and keep him from drowning - and that Charlie would be so irrationally grateful that it was Colby, because he knew Colby was strong enough. There are many people in the world who would have been strong enough, but he [knew] Colby was.

Amita barely makes an appearance, and I should be disappointed about that, but I'm not. Somehow, she didn't belong in this story. This was never about her.

I tend to hate characters not from the show, because they take away time from the characters I already love. But I didn't, here. How could anyone hate a baby? Especially one that was keeping Don alive? You wrote a good character, and I couldn't hate her.

I'm glad Don didn't die. I'm glad there wasn't the very emotional making-everything-better scene between Don and Charlie that I was hoping for. I'm glad Charlie didn't come to the phone, and I'm glad Don didn't get over that. I'm glad that Alan overheard the conversation with Megan, and I'm glad he didn't blab to Charlie, even. I guess I'm glad for a lot of things - and this is just fiction. I had to keep telling myself that, the whole way through. This is just fiction.

You did an amazing job here. The truths you have here, hidden amongst the words, will stay with me for a long while. This story you told needed to be written, needed to be read. So, thank you.
Guest chapter 23 . 12/13/2012
Lost for words here, this was fabulous. I really wish you'd write the sequel, as I want to know what happened after this.
numb3rs mystery chapter 23 . 9/23/2012
Hi Lisa, I know this is 4 years too late but I have to say this story is a piece of art. I like the ending. This open ending made it more epic . You're one of the most talented writers I've ever read for .By the way, since I 'm already many years too late let me say I also love you're story "Random Variables and Heuristic Solutions".
I wish you the best luck in you're life.
Guest chapter 23 . 8/27/2012
So when is the sequel - I totally loved it!
AgentD.6 chapter 23 . 6/1/2012
As a huge HPFF reader I just stumbled onto fictions from shows I really enjoy. As an avid Num3rs fan this brought me to your story. I know its been a while but I would love to see the sequel. Yours is trully a joy to read and I love how you enjoy writing so much for Don, he is a great character in all respects. Consider revisiting the Numb3rs fandom once again.
O.O chapter 23 . 5/5/2012
This was a beautiful story xD

I love how you made it so realistic and honestly... everyone seemed to be in character.

Okay... Imma go find the sequel now
a chapter 10 . 11/3/2011
It's nice that Charlie decided to 'man-up' to talking to Benedincta's mother, but it doesn't really make much sense. I don't understand the unspoken expectation that speaking with her is Charlie's job. Why would Charlie be the one to talk to her? He hasn't even spoken to Don and all of the information he has about Sweetie Pie is second hand at best. Alan or Megan would make a lot more sense. Alan and Megan have both spoken to Don and Megan has more direct information about the child. If Benedincta's mother just wanted to thank Don's family there's no reason why Don's *father* couldn't be the one to speak to her. Really, Charlie's just doing precisely what he's been complaining about Don doing. He took the task away from Alan to protect him with little regard to the fact that Alan is a grown man and perfectly capable of handling the task. (Not that I think there's anything wrong with wanting to protect his father, but it's kind of a funy thing for him to do when he's been spending so much time complaining about Don doing it to him. Maybe now he'll realize that Don's attempts to protect him don't mean Don doesn't respect him.) Who knows? Maybe speaking with another parent waiting for the rescue of their child would have been good for Alan.
nessy22 chapter 23 . 8/31/2011
Hi!

I got just recently to FF and begun to read through. And again more recently I finaly signed in. Your story has to go to my favorites.

This story is very, very, I mean very, good! In fact it is one of the pearls of this site. I spent a lot of "nighthours" to read it (just couldn't stuck!).

I see people are still reading it. It's only a pity the story semms to remain without sequel.

How can we infect you with the Numb3rsvirus again, to get one?
Cris chapter 23 . 4/3/2011
Wow - and more wow!

I really want Don to make things right with Charlie again. I really want a sequel!
Cissyaliza chapter 23 . 12/26/2010
When I began to read, I couldn't stop for the end.

You conduct the suspens with much talent...

Just, I'm a little disppointed by the end... I'm affraid I don't like open end, except if it's following by another fic based on this first story. But It's not the case and I prefer to have a clear end: with this one we can imagine that Don will be shot and dead... And I don't like this idea.
Darkgirl5 chapter 16 . 9/23/2010
The descriptions of Don's injuries made me wince and curl into myself. Which of course, means they're perfect. One thing that annoys me with most writing (including the writing for TV shows and movies) is the complete lack of reality when dealing with injuries. Like when someone gets whacked in the head with a baseball bat and then just gets up and says, "ouch."

Really? That didn't cause any problems? Because when I bang my head getting out of my car, my ears ring and I have a lump and headache. So, baseball bat to the cranium? That's going to cause some serious issues.

Anyway, I love the realism and pain that thrums through this whole story. Of course, the love and horror, grief and anguish for the Eppes family are also very real in every aspect. The denial. The anger. The hope in the face of the odds.

I could go on and on but then I'd be rambling even MORE. So, to sum up. Love IT.
Sprite91360 chapter 1 . 9/5/2010