Reviews for Understanding Fire
CAPZLOCK'I'IZ'YELLING'AT'U chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
this is a great piece you should be proud of it.
things24 chapter 1 . 2/26/2010
Fire is life, but it doesn't mean it still isn't aggressive. I totally agree with you. lol, Zuko's methods of waking Aang up! XD
Dreaming-Of-A-Nightmare chapter 1 . 6/26/2008
no, not much too it (as you said), but it's written rather well. i enjoyed it. kudos! :D
claymade chapter 1 . 4/5/2008
Nicely done. You keep both Aang and Zuko in character, and the back and forth between them is interesting to read.

In terms of suggestions: the fic doesn't have as much of a strong finish to it, it just kinda... ends. I was waiting for more of a "punchline" to it-something to put a firm close on the fic. (For instance, when Aang had his realization about "overcome his offense with my own", I was kinda expecting it to end with him delivering a counter-wake-up-call to ZUKO the following morning...)

In any case, though, I REALLY enjoyed it, and I liked your take on the characters' interaction, and on the bending in general. Very well done!
iamthelorax chapter 1 . 4/1/2008
i really liked this, and i agree with your interpretations of the styles of the elements. i hope you continue to write, (not necesarily this fic, just in general) characters were very IC and well done. i also agree, zuko needs a new hobby.
badculture chapter 1 . 4/1/2008
Not wasting any time, I see! Like I said, I'm not too wound up about the "official" beta thing, (I'm not even sure how it works, honestly,) but it's nice to see some of your writing. You always struck me as well spoken and thoughtful in your reviews, but seeing your writing in a creative context made me feel confident that I'm getting my advice from a good source!

I definitely enjoyed reading about Zuko's creative methods of getting Aang up in the morning. Very well written. I'm totally impressed that you managed to write Zuko playing practical jokes and still managed to make it seem in character. I can totally see him scheming with Toph behind everyone's back

Small detail: you might want to add in page breaks or something to that effect between author notes and the actual content of the story, to make a clear transition out of the story. has this sneaky habit of editing out page breaks (and asterisks and large spaces between paragraphs) on word when you upload documents, so you have to use the site's editing tool if you want to add them in.

I also found the first line of the last paragraph a little odd. (though it slipped by me on my first look). Flying back and smiling definitely don't go together in my book. Maybe say that he smiled after he recovers from the blow? Or you could go with something like "Even as he flew back..." the extra word just gives the reader that extra cue that tells them "Yes, this IS odd behaviour and NO it's not a mistake." You know?

Anyways, I'm all excited to write now, so I'm off to go do that. Ciao!