Reviews for There is always hope
LadyoftheNight chapter 1 . 8/10/2013
AMAZING!
Tallis Keeton chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
Hi :)
I've just seen this story and realised that I wrote one on the same topic in 2011 :) The title was "This is good sword" and it was a movie version story about Haleth's road to Helms Deep, from his pov and the film scene with Aragorn was on the end of the story. My story was longer and was in polish though I've translated it with the help of one of my american friends.
Greetings :)
Elenna123 chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
Very well written. Haleth is one of my favorite characters in the film. My only issue is that I always assumed that Haleth is the son of Theoden's doorwarden Hama, whom Theoden says later was killed at Helm's Deep. It could be another Hama, though.
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 2/22/2010
A great story. Very well written.
a rohannnnnnn chapter 1 . 7/23/2009
I hope Theoden didn't make 6 or 7 year old lads fight at helms deep 11 and 12 is definately young enough.
Queen Su chapter 1 . 5/9/2009
This is awesome! I love it! :) Haleth has always been a favorite even though he was not in the book. :) Great work!

In Aslan's Name,

Queen Susan the Gentle
MP brennan chapter 1 . 12/15/2008
Wow. Beautiful story! I love stories like this because they add a new dimension to the LotR world. We don't think about these aspects enough-the effects of events on ordinary people. So, thanks for a beautifully written story!
asdfjkl chapter 1 . 11/5/2008
xD
Nette chapter 1 . 11/5/2008
I really love this story. Lord of the Rings is my absolute favorite, and I've actually often wondered what became of Haleth.

It's extremely well-written, and almost brought me to tears.

Istarnie chapter 1 . 7/4/2008
Oh, this is an extraordinarily well written and emotive tale. I experienced the horror of battle through the eyes of young Halleth, and clung with him to Aragorn's words through that long night. His realisation that the old tales about heroics were a lie is very moving, and of course, thought provoking. That one short sentence - "I am frightened" - it almost had me in tears. I always get upset at that part in the film! You have added real depth to the character of Halleth, son of Hama. Thank you for writing this, Ellynn.
Virtuella chapter 1 . 6/15/2008
I found this very touching. The turn of the tides at the end could have been a bit more detailled, but other than that it is a very convincing piece. Well done!
Kwaj chapter 1 . 6/14/2008
Very well done! I always wondered how many of the young boys who fought at Helm's Deep survived, and what it must have taken to go through something so terrible so young. He felt very real, exactly had I would have felt in his place. I'd like to add this to my C2, if that's OK.

And thanks for reviewing "Crossed Paths, Crossed Blades"! ;-)
Renarion Arenimon chapter 1 . 5/12/2008
After reading this I am almost left wordless, which is quite uncommon. The story deserves every possible credit. Haleth has been presented perfectly. All the feelings and thoughts seem as real as the sun shining over the world every day.

Extraordinary work, Ellynn.
szepilona10 chapter 1 . 4/16/2008
Fantasic story!

God bless!

~Szepilona10~
nautika chapter 1 . 4/2/2008
I always think of this young man as being the son of Hama, who served Theoden King and was killed by the warg en route to Helm's Deep, but of course that doesnt have to be the case. Your descriptions were awesome. I wish I could do that!