Reviews for The Spires of Altihex
Siadea chapter 1 . 4/2/2008
Oh, YES. Who's a screechy little jet? Who's a screechy little jet?

Ahem.

This rings VERY true to me! Starscream's defensiveness-to-the-point-of-offensiveness, Skyfire's attempts to smooth things out, the fact that he still doesn't quite respect Starscream (re: his surprise that Starscream can do chemical theory) - all of it just reads RIGHT to me. I also love that Starscream's lab area is a hazard zone; I just can't see it any other way. *laughs* HE knows what everything is, and if it keeps OTHER people from messing with his stuff, so much the better.
mmouse15 chapter 1 . 4/2/2008
Hurray! A new story from amidoh! I'm happy about that!

squeeing aside, this is an excellent start. I really can empathize with Starscream not wanting a new lab partner if he's had his work stolen before. That's a wonderful touch to the story, and really makes his attitude understandable. Excellent set-up, wonderful writing, great dynamics between Starscream and Skyfire. Thank you.
Atalan chapter 1 . 4/2/2008
Hoorah for bitchy arrogant scientist Starscream! I much prefer him to sweet-as-pie-before-Megatron-got-to-him Starscream. And I love how his first reaction to a potential lab partner is to assume Skyfire wants to steal his thesis.
yohaidee chapter 1 . 4/2/2008
A nice idea being the rare pre-war fic with this pairing that's not all fluffy and cute. Also the way Starscream's acting makes perfect sense in connection with the future of him becoming the evil Air Commander of the Decepticons. Most writers put all the blame on Megatron's influence, but your take on his character before the war makes it much more plausible than that.

Waiting for the next chap! :)
Fire From Above chapter 1 . 4/2/2008
That was so awesome. Starscream's venom is just so tangible and it's coming through my computer screen. There seems to also be quite a bit of racism with Seekers as well.
ShiTiger chapter 1 . 4/1/2008
Wow. I love their vibrant personalities in this fic. I could so see Starscream acting exactly like this. After all, a seeker scientist wouldn't exactly fit in with the rest, and some might take advantage of that. I hope Skyfire had a chance to shield Starscream from the blast (seeing as he's the bigger mech). Please update soon!
NybCR chapter 1 . 4/1/2008
Oh dear.
DeceptiVette chapter 1 . 4/1/2008
Jfdkjafklsdjflkadsj.

I'm so glad you're still writing things even though Until the Dream Ends and Salvation are done. And oh my god, I love this new story so much. You win so many internets. (Does this tie into the previous stories' timelines? That would rock so hard.)

Fjdklsa. There are no words for how exciting this is. MOAR PLEEZ? :D
EasterOfFlesh chapter 1 . 4/1/2008
Wow. Poor Skyfire. Seriously, having to deal with THAT. _; Though I kinda feel bad for Starscream too. He exploded all his hard work. I can't wait to see more chapters. 8D
Dragowolf chapter 1 . 4/1/2008
AH! What is going to happen next? PLEASE UPDATE SOON! This is shaping up to be a great story! LOVE IT!
The Greatest Boba Fett Fan chapter 1 . 4/1/2008
O! A very interesting beginning; I like how Starscream absolutely despises Skyfire and completely ignores and rebukes all the niceties (and warnings) from the shuttle. Silly jet, now you blew up your thesis. I also like the character background for Starscream, especially on how he has had his work stolen from him by his previous partners. Gives him a reason for being his antisocial, snarky self. Maybe Skyfire will be able to soften him up a bit?

Do continue!