Reviews for Fair Trade
kateydidnt chapter 2 . 12/10/2010
"we can learn patience just like we've learned everything else." One thing I think most people miss in the series is this: Yes Ed ward can be incredibly impatient, however they usually miss the most obvious signs of how very very patient and methodical he can really be. In Brotherhood and the Manga, Edward was the one with the idea to transmute their mother and it is implied they decided fairly soon after her death to bring her back-but they didn't attempt it until SIX YEARS after she died. They learned what they could and when they could no longer teach themselves, they found a teacher. That shows patience, dedication, and planning. And Edward was the one who spearheaded it.

Then if you consider, it was another FIVE YEARS after the failed transmutation that they spent working for a way to get Al's body back.

When the goal is important enough, Edward actually seems to have a very great deal of patience.
Miskcat chapter 1 . 5/20/2008
I didn't realize you were writing this story, but discovered it today. Wow, what an amazing idea. And you're right - it has to be very hard to write Roy without any ambition. The very thought just makes me shudder. You're doing a great job so far, so I hope you'll keep going with it.

You're making a fascinating chronicle of the change in Ed, too, of course. Naturally there's a lot of guilt driving him to fulfill Mustang's original goal. Kind of typical of him, huh? Yet he's learning so much. I can't wait to see what comes of his desire to fulfill Roy's goal.

(And of course I secretly wish he could find a way to get Roy's true self back, but I know good stories don't always allow things to end like we wish. So I'm going to like however it goes.)
Akai-neechan chapter 5 . 5/7/2008
Woah, this is quite amazing I love this FanFiction It's so awsome~ I hope Ed manages to get to the top ... But I would have never thought about him becoming Fuhrer... It just never occurred to me - you know I just never thought it would go well for poor Amestris XD But with Roy teaching and helping him it might work out... somehow... XD I can't wait for the next chapter
AbbeyLou chapter 5 . 5/2/2008
Amazing! I loved every bit of this story!
srdfgchvjboguvjh chapter 4 . 4/26/2008
wow. this fic, by now, had me seriously depressed. I WANT ROY BACK! eheh, sorry, i know it's your story, and whenever peple tell me what to do with my stories, i get pissy, but... i miss Roy, sorry.
Horselvr4evr123 chapter 2 . 4/12/2008
YAY! I'm so happy you're continuing on with this story! I guess it was a good thing I submitted the review I did then, huh? XD

Keep up the AWESOME work! PLEASE update soon!
Toraus chapter 2 . 4/10/2008
Interesting story! It's an odd twist to the story. -
Took-Baggins chapter 2 . 4/10/2008
i like what you're doing here. this is shaping up to be awesome fic, i think!
Took-Baggins chapter 1 . 4/10/2008
this is great! i'm so glad to see there's another chapter!
SongoftheDarquePhoenix chapter 1 . 4/6/2008
Good fic. You captured just how far Roy would go for his subordinates well.
Rachel L. M chapter 1 . 4/4/2008
That was amazing. A very weel planned idea and a good read.
Anne Packrat chapter 1 . 4/1/2008
Interesting idea. You might want to elaborate more on how Ed ended up in this situation in the first place. Or are you deliberately leaving that out?
Griselda Banks chapter 1 . 4/1/2008
Wow...a truly original story. A very different take on what someone can give up to the Gate, that's for sure! I enjoyed this story, and in all honesty couldn't figure out what he'd given up until he said it. You did a good job!
Horselvr4evr123 chapter 1 . 4/1/2008
DUDE! XD This is FREAKEN AWESOME!

Keep up the AMAZING work! PLEASE update soon!